Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 08:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Bernie's ideas of taxing WS transaction will absolutely kill the middle class further. The middle class has their 401k's and pensions in the stock market, those transactions will be taxed. BTW, unions will never come back in a global economy, they ask for too much and it can't be done in such a crappy part time work economy.
Don't be so sure of that. Unions are growing overseas which will serve to level the playing field here as they drive up wages and working conditions aboard. Unions here have given up more benefits than they've gotten in collective bargaining here in recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 09:10 AM

461 posts, read 333,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The working class has been decimated over the last 40 years, carefully designed by the corporate elites who dont care at all about America and the well being of its citizens. I feel Bernie Sanders is the best candidate for the working class as he will fight to reign in the power of big money in politics, will break up the biggest banks, boost minimum wage, strengthen unions and fight for healthcare for all, but regardless of who people vote for it is important to respect people's decision and the very real grievances the working class is feeling.
The problem with Sanders is he ALSO wants to give things to people who LITERALLY will not do anything to earn it. He is also socially extremely liberal. Most blue collar places are not. Its why Trump is hitting that nerve.Now it would be interesting to see if Trump and Sanders end up the nominees.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:22 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Our local news here in MI gave the rally a lot of coverage. The hour he spoke was broken up 15 times by protesters inside and lots of protesters lined up outside. The venue only holds 7,000 and the crowd was actually 6,500 not the 8,000 by Trump math. I think you're wrong about his 35% tariff on all imported cars coming into the USA being a winning idea. That's not going to get new factories built here. It's just going to drive up the cost of cars for everyone.

He called one protester "weak" for not fighting back when security ejected him.
I'm not sure what the tariff would need to be but it used to work. It levels the playing field for US companies. Really, 7,000 or 8,000? I am not sure with numbers that high that is matters one way or the other. And, we all know who is financing the protesters and who cares about them anyway? While the cost of foreign made products are cheaper since we removed tariffs, we have people out of jobs and much of the stuff coming in is trash so in reality, we are not getting ahead. We can pay it in wages or welfare. I think the country will be better off paying it in wages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I'm no expert, but he has to thread a needle on the electoral map, but he has a plan and I can see it working. I think this message resonates in states like Ohio, which are key.
Jobs. That's the plan! We want people off welfare and the answer for most is? Jobs. We want college educated people to pay back their student loans but they can't do it working at fast food? Jobs that pay enough to live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I don't remember too many working class folks winning The Apprentice.
Shut the TV off. "Reality" tv is not the "reality". If people would spend as much time reviewing the issues, the candidates, etc. as they do on "reality" tv, our country would be in a much better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It's blacks that Obama and his corporate cronies screwed the hardest with the open borders garbage but most blacks aren't smart enough to see it.

To be sure there are a few that see it but most are unable to.1
There is a major effort being made to educate the black community about what is going on. I think it will have an impact against the lies of the Democratic Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The Democrats have been on the side of the blue collar working class person for a long time. Trump sounds like a Democrat.
Where did you come up with that? Being on our side would be shutting down illegal immigration and putting tariffs on incoming goods. Do you have a link where a Democrat has done or is promising to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
You can say that again.

And there are a significant number of Hispanics either born here or who came here legally, and their families, who expect everyone to take the legal route.
Do you ever wonder if the true problem is the one that believes that ALL Hispanics/Latinos/etc. support illegal immigration just because they are Hispanic/Latino/etc.? I mean that has to be insulting. I would not want people to say that because I am woman, that is why I would support Hillary or that because I am "white", I wouldn't support Carson, because I am anything in particular, I would be limited to supporting anyone like myself despite their activities illegal and otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump spent a lot of time at the rally running Clinton down for taking longer than the guys to come back from the bathroom break at the Democratic debate. Said she didn't have the physical stamina to be president. I laughed hard at that. She's the one who enduring an 11 1/2 testimony in front of congress in the same week he was complaining about how long he and his fellow republicans had to debate in front of the American people. What he was really saying in typical dog whistle fashion is that a woman shouldn't be president.
That isn't what I am hearing. Let's keep in mind that Hillary had to endure the testimony because she had no choice because of her negligence and pathological lying. She hardly deserves a reward for that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0ec_story.html

And, with this, Trump is correct since a person should be paid on their merit, if they are as good as everyone else they should get the same pay. I saw a woman enter the Air Force and become an aviation mechanic, a field that had just opened at that time, and she couldn't lift her tool box and had to have a man do it for her. I always had a problem with that and have seen similar circumstances throughout my life. I should not get a job only because I am a woman and I shouldn't be paid the same unless I am able to perform the job the same as anyone else. Those kind of women that feel entitled by their gender are a problem for the rest of the women. I get Trump: Donald Trump's equal pay fix: "Do as good a job" as a man | Fusion

Also, what has been acceptable over the years when it comes to "sexist" has changed a lot and some men have not kept up. "Sexist" doesn't translate to "discriminatory".

If the Democrats had a decent candidate that was a woman, I don't think there would be such an issue. Hillary has so many skeletons.......

Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
I'm really upset that Barack Obama trained the country to accept a lying cynical demagogue in the White House, paving the way for the biggest BS'er of all, Trump.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:42 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Speaking strictly politics, not whether it's a good or bad idea, if bigger unions broke for Trump it wouldn't cost them a dime in campaign donations.

SEIU, I believe, has already endorsed Clinton.

Do you think a blue collar American citizen Hispanic wants to lose his job to an illegal Hispanic because the latter will work for lower wages?

Hillary Clinton = Low Voter Turnout.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I'm really upset that Barack Obama trained the country to accept a lying cynical demagogue in the White House, paving the way for the biggest BS'er of all, Trump.
That's pretty much what it boils down to. Obama created such an intolerable condition in the US that a Wacko like Trump winning is actually now a reality

Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Bernie's ideas of taxing WS transaction will absolutely kill the middle class further. The middle class has their 401k's and pensions in the stock market, those transactions will be taxed. BTW, unions will never come back in a global economy, they ask for too much and it can't be done in such a crappy part time work economy.
Conservatism: Who needs solutions when you can just blame it all on the black guy?

Old 12-22-2015, 11:02 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Speaking strictly politics, not whether it's a good or bad idea, if bigger unions broke for Trump it wouldn't cost them a dime in campaign donations.

SEIU, I believe, has already endorsed Clinton.

Do you think a blue collar American citizen Hispanic wants to lose his job to an illegal Hispanic because the latter will work for lower wages?

Hillary Clinton = Low Voter Turnout.
Keep dreaming. If John Kerry can bring 59 million people to vote for him, Hillary will dwarf that number. ESPECIALLY if she's going up against a lightning rod like Trump.

Trump fans list reasons why blacks and legal Hispanics will vote for their guy, forgetting that his favorability with those two groups is on par with a kick to the nuts.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:04 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Conservatism: Who needs solutions when you can just blame it all on the black guy?
What black guy? Oh, the race card. Silly me. I just addressed that issue so thanks for verifying it! Yep, it isn't because Obama is a loser but that he is black. Seriously, he hasn't a clue about being black and anyone that looks at his past knows that. He is mixed race, raised by white grandparents and knows nothing of the black culture, well, US black culture anyway. Trust me that when I tell you that his mother came from Kansas that she was "whiter than white". I now live in KS.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:04 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Bernie's ideas of taxing WS transaction will absolutely kill the middle class further. The middle class has their 401k's and pensions in the stock market, those transactions will be taxed.
A lot of people aren't smart enough to realize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections