Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 09:17 PM

33,755 posts, read 16,757,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm not doubting the police captain..

Those who cheered should have been deported IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 09:27 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,888,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Patterson, NJ has one of the largest concentrations of Muslims in the Northeast.

So Trump is lying through his teeth? I suppose the retired police chief is lying, as well as all the police officers who acknowledge the celebrations but are afraid to speak publicly about it? Seems the retired police have no trouble, nor do the many eye witnesses reporting what they saw.
Do you also not understand the difference between thousands and a couple groups of maybe 20?

Am I the only one who learned numbers in school?

Old 12-22-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Do you also not understand the difference between thousands and a couple groups of maybe 20?

Am I the only one who learned numbers in school?

At that spot. There is no telling how many more spots existed. The first WTC bombing came together as an idea in a radical mosque.

And every one of them should have been shipped back

Old 12-22-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
At that spot. There is no telling how many more spots existed. The first WTC bombing came together as an idea in a radical mosque.

And every one of them should have been shipped back
So NJ had thousands and thousands cheering and celebrating? Doubtful. I live here. I would know better than anyone. Maybe added up all around the country, MAYBE, but I even doubt that.

There IS a way to tell how many other spots existed... news archives and 911 calls, since people were calling 911, and police records. We would know about the others by now. They were isolated pockets not thousands in Jersey City alone like Trump claims.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
So NJ had thousands and thousands cheering and celebrating? Doubtful. I live here. I would know better than anyone..

I do, too. Did you travel the entire state each day that week? If so, you would have a point, so post video of that traveling you did, as the way you speak, you must have covered the entire state.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I do, too. Did you travel the entire state each day that week? If so, you would have a point, so post video of that traveling you did, as the way you speak, you must have covered the entire state.
Muslims do not live in large numbers all around the state. They are concentrated largely to the largest cities and maybe decent populations in some suburbs. I don't have to travel all over the state to know who would be cheering and where. It would have been isolated to the parts it WAS isolated to, as expected. Paterson, Jersey City, maybe Newark (no reports that I've ever seen out of Newark but this is a place I would maybe expect it). Most small towns don't have enough Muslim residents to see any crowds cheering. I can't speak for individual Muslims living sporadically throughout the state inside their homes, but this would go for those all over the country, not just the state of New Jersey.

And again, any cheering, especially right here in NJ which lost over 700 residents, would have and did make the news. It would have been relevant. We would know if it happened elsewhere. It would have made the news. It would have made local gossip. I never heard of Muslims celebrating in crowds outside of the areas already mentioned and discussed, and proven in the news archives and by police records. And by now, given Trump's claims and the whole media storm after, I think we WOULD know.

If you seriously believe there's a possibility that thousands of Muslims were cheering all over the state of NJ you have the issue here, not me. I don't need to "post video of me traveling" at all. I'm just being logical. Something many here are NOT doing, as I'm seeing a lot of paranoia. Shocker.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:57 PM

us muslims cheering 9-11 nyc - Bing video

Old 12-22-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
So nothing that we didn't already know, then? Still no thousands...

The types of Muslims most likely to have been cheering on 9/11 were probably unassimilated recent immigrants straight from any Middle Eastern hellhole. These types of immigrants are most likely to reside in cities (like most other recent, poor immigrants), not wealthy, nice towns like NJ is mostly made up of. More established, assimilated Muslim families are more likely to live out in the nice suburbs, in my experience. I know a Muslim family very well in my town and on 9/11 I know for a fact they were not cheering in my town or anywhere else. They were just as upset as everyone else because they are AMERICANS. They are not super religious Muslims, as none of the females in the family even dress conservatively or wear the hijab.

New York sees all types of people. You will find extremists in a city like New York, it's just how it is. You will find people who supported the attacks on 9/11 in New York, and some of them, too, were cheering right in the city itself, that day and in the days after. Naturally, NJ cities right across the river from NYC would also see these types of people. It's a hotbed for terrorism around here simply because of the prime location, but I would hardly call these (largely) recent immigrants "Americans," especially if they hate us and only came here to hurt us.

Until you find proof that "thousands" were celebrating in Jersey City, NJ, or elsewhere in NJ or the US, I 110% stand by what I have to say and see you as just another Trump supporter who can't see him for the wrong he has said here...

I 110% believe that Trump is wrong in his claims until I can see proof otherwise (though this proof will never come because it didn't happen like he claims and like you many of you are pathetically defending).

Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,124,541 times
Quote:
So NJ had thousands and thousands cheering and celebrating? Doubtful.
I only saw a handful of Palestinians celebrating on video in the ME. How come no one is cutting them slack?

Old 12-22-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I only saw a handful of Palestinians celebrating on video in the ME. How come no one is cutting them slack?
I don't care what went on in the ME. I do remember those videos, though, being shown on the news. There is no difference in celebrating something like that, no matter where or who you are - celebrating what happened is celebrating it, it's sick regardless of location or who was doing the celebrating. But Trump cannot make ridiculous, blatantly untrue claims like he did. They were baseless and simply did not occur. This is not okay to do. Standing by his claims of "thousands" when it was proven to be maybe a few dozen just shows how arrogant he is. The number discrepancy is just too large and damaging to overlook. Had he said a few hundred, it would be more excusable. But thousands? Come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections