Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,288,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Class, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with prudishness. And this coming from someone who supports a serial adulterer is hilarious. Rock, meet glass house.
It was almost as vulgar as him saying he'd date his daughter if he wasn't married. The man really would be an embarrassment as a president where he'd start in on world leaders with his insults.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:16 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,190,973 times
Schlong or not, you must admit leaving the stage in the middle of the debate watched by 8 million people looks weird, to say the least. I have watched debates for decades and nothing like this has happened. Imagine if Trump had left. We wouldn't be hearing the end of it.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:24 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,288,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Schlong or not, you must admit leaving the stage in the middle of the debate watched by 8 million people looks weird, to say the least. I have watched debates for decades and nothing like this has happened. Imagine if Trump had left. We wouldn't be hearing the end of it.
She didn't leave the stage in the middle of the debate. They cut to a commercial so all the candidates and moderators could take a bathroom break. Oh, the scandal of it! I'll give Trump credit for one thing. No one is talking about his lack of concrete ideas after his rally last night. It's all about whether or not Hillary peed or pooped during her break to make her late coming back on stage.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:33 PM

1,050 posts, read 696,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
She didn't leave the stage in the middle of the debate. They cut to a commercial so all the candidates and moderators could take a bathroom break. Oh, the scandal of it! I'll give Trump credit for one thing. No one is talking about his lack of concrete ideas after his rally last night. It's all about whether or not Hillary peed or pooped during her break to make her late coming back on stage.
She's too seasoned and self-aware--I believe not one move of hers is unplanned/unscripted.

She did this to prove a point--read between the lines.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:35 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,382,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It was almost as vulgar as him saying he'd date his daughter if he wasn't married. The man really would be an embarrassment as a president where he'd start in on world leaders with his insults.
I agree completely. Though I imagine that he could deal effectively with Putin, his Russian alter ego.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,678,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I heard it fairly often, and used it less often- thirty years ago when I lived in middle atlantic, but southeren influenced Maryland and visited Pennsylvania. After leaving Maryland, the next time I heard the word was from Trump.

In the end, I dont think that Schlong, Schlonged etc. is used that much outside of portions of the north east.
West coast here, all my life. I first heard "schlong" in my 20s. I'm not quite 70.

(Surely most people here have seen Blazing Saddles.)

Old 12-22-2015, 01:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,678,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Which is a bastardization of German. The German word for "snake" is schlange. I believe Trump is speaking of the temptation of Eve in the garden and drawing a parallel to Clinton. He is clearly pandering to the Christian conservative vote.
Um - nope.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:10 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,382,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
West coast here, all my life. I first heard "schlong" in my 20s. I'm not quite 70.

(Surely most people here have seen Blazing Saddles.)
Maybe it filtered to LA and then to west coast via the entertainment industry?

I will ask my Texas born and bred wife if she knows the term. My guess is that most native Texans will either not know the term (women) or only be vaguelly familiar with it (men).

Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 PM

39,020 posts, read 51,057,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Had you been one of the eight million, you would have realized that the candidates took a break in the action. That being said, it was obviously a sexist break in that it was too short of a time for a woman to tend to business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections