Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 12:27 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times

Advertisements

Trump dominates for six months, steadily climbing to over 40% in major polls, Cruz steadily climbing to second, Rubio dropping, yet it will come down to Cruz and Rubio.

Anybody laugh out loud at this now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 12:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
They are right. You will see.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:01 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
It's been a joke from day one. Trump is always somehow falling, but not in reality. They just don't get it...

Rubio and all others have no chance. Cruz, a very small chance.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:11 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
But, the GOP likes to run losers here in the last couple of elections. Rubio and Cruz would both qualify based on the recent past behavior of the party.

If they run either one of those jokers, I'll vote 3rd party as will many, many others. It would be nice to beat them at their own game some day and just send both the GOP and Dems packing! I do wonder if they aren't one party behind the scenes. Think about it.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:18 PM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
But, the GOP likes to run losers here in the last couple of elections. Rubio and Cruz would both qualify based on the recent past behavior of the party.

If they run either one of those jokers, I'll vote 3rd party as will many, many others. It would be nice to beat them at their own game some day and just send both the GOP and Dems packing! I do wonder if they aren't one party behind the scenes. Think about it.
No need to think too long.

The monster has two heads but the body is one.

But ninety percent of the population is too obtuse to figure it out - mentally straight-jacketed by ideologies and partisanship -, so the monster can live many decades, even centuries, until it eventually collapses under its own weight, sometimes a bit earlier if pushed by an outside force.

Happens time and again in history, so many examples one could cite over the past 5,000 years.

We've had the current two party set-up since, what, the 1860s? Maybe it's time for an epochal change. And if it's the republican head of the monster to go first, then so be it, many of them might as well join the democrats anyway, and they probably will outright if their head collapses.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 12-26-2015 at 02:09 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 02:18 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
It's been a joke from day one. Trump is always somehow falling, but not in reality. They just don't get it...

Rubio and all others have no chance. Cruz, a very small chance.
This.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Trump dominates for six months, steadily climbing to over 40% in major polls, Cruz steadily climbing to second, Rubio dropping, yet it will come down to Cruz and Rubio.

I don't get this scenario either. I like Cruz, I think he makes a lot of sense, but he's not an easy sell to the public. He's anathema to Reagan Democrats and scares the hell out of independents. Part of that is his doing, part of it is the media, but a good part is the conservative tag.

I like Rubio even more. I was deeply saddened the 2013 comprehensive immigration bill bit the dust and appreciated Rubio's courage to take a stand when so many other Republicans wimped out. But I don't see any groundswell moving in his direction.

I get Trump's appeal. I wish it was Rubio on top of the polls, but it isn't.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:29 PM

412 posts, read 451,591 times
Quote:

Same group that insisted Romney was winning, right up to the (very) bitter end.

Fox News serves up more propaganda than news. Apparently, they also feed it to their own staff.

Get used to Madam President, like it or not.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:55 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:

Fox will try to make it happen with the January debate. Rubio rises with each debate then slips back down 2 weeks later. His best friend is the timing of the debates and the amount of them. The other candidates need to keep pounding on his Gang of 8 activities, and his dereliction in voting. The better establishment candidate is Christie but Christie is a victim of the primary voting schedule. There's no way he's going to carry any of those Southern Super Tuesday states or South Carolina.

Name an early state through Super Tuesday that you think Rubio will win.

I do think Cruz will win Iowa and Trump will come in second. They will both get delegates. It was going to be Cruz or Carson, there. They tend to vote more on the person instead of the experience, issues or promises. Carson said something after the Planned Parenthood shooting that upset evangelicals. Even though the news media pretty much ignored it, it was all over the evangelical/right to life websites and they were very upset. I think that's why he went down in the polls in Iowa not because of any lack of foreign policy experience as the media would have you believe, not for anything Donald Trump or the media said about his biography. Everybody else is way behind Cruz and Trump in Iowa.

Prediction: Carson will be out after Iowa if he doesn't come in, in the Top 3. If he can't win there, he can't win anywhere.

Prediction: Trump will win NH and Christie will come in second . Cruz will be shut out, here.

Trump will win SC and Cruz will come in second.

Nevada is a mystery. No one is polling there. I'm not sure why.

Super Tuesday States: What do you think?

Alabama
Alaska (GOP)
Arkansas
Colorado caucuses
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota caucuses
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia

Old 12-26-2015, 03:06 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Fox will try to make it happen with the January debate. Rubio rises with each debate then slips back down 2 weeks later. His best friend is the timing of the debates and the amount of them. The other candidates need to keep pounding on his Gang of 8 activities, and his dereliction in voting. The better establishment candidate is Christie but Christie is a victim of the primary voting schedule. There's no way he's going to carry any of those Southern Super Tuesday states or South Carolina.

Name an early state through Super Tuesday that you think Rubio will win.

I do think Cruz will win Iowa and Trump will come in second. They will both get delegates. It was going to be Cruz or Carson, there. They tend to vote more on the person instead of the experience, issues or promises. Carson said something after the Planned Parenthood shooting that upset evangelicals. Even though the news media pretty much ignored it, it was all over the evangelical/right to life websites and they were very upset. I think that's why he went down in the polls in Iowa not because of any lack of foreign policy experience as the media would have you believe, not for anything Donald Trump or the media said about his biography. Everybody else is way behind Cruz and Trump in Iowa.

Prediction: Carson will be out after Iowa if he doesn't come in, in the Top 3. If he can't win there, he can't win anywhere.

Prediction: Trump will win NH and Christie will come in second . Cruz will be shut out, here.

Trump will win SC and Cruz will come in second.

Nevada is a mystery. No one is polling there. I'm not sure why.

Super Tuesday States: What do you think?

Alabama
Alaska (GOP)
Arkansas
Colorado caucuses
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota caucuses
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
I think you may be interested in a article from 2 days ago on clashdaily.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections