Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:12 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
for all non-Trump supporters I believe I can convince you to vote for him if you would only list your grievances towards him as president.

the media likes saying Christie is a thinking mans Trump or low-information supporters support Trump (as if you were highly informed you would vote for Jeb!) which I strongly disagree with. this applies to democrats to so they can switch over from the corrupt DNC and Hillary
I can't think of an issue I agree with Trump with. I also find his Schtick to be quite infuriating, he likes to insult people then accuse them of being angry. What I find fascinating is that the same people who have spent the last 8 years accusing Obama of conducting a class war can't see that is what Trump is doing within the GOP but be that as it may, please do enlighten me what is Trumps plan on Syria or the ME in general, I do agree with him on the h1b visas issue.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:24 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
A list may be the way to go with this.

1. I lived in NYC for years and watched him ride roughshod over established neighborhoods and residents who made up the fabric of the city and gave it the character that made it NYC, in order to erect giant cement phallic symbols to himself. He did not care about those who lived in the neighborhoods he was destroying one iota and made it obvious.

2. Thought the whole Ivana/Marla Maples affair was pathetic and trashy, yet he seemed proud of it.

3. I don't think a self-serving braggart who does not actually care about people would make a decent president.

4. Never really cared for his characteristics or personality traits anyway, but when he aired the Apprentice, I watched for a season and liked it (mostly because of his assistants--executives George and Carolyn, who I really liked). Others liked Carolyn also--a lot. Too much apparently, as Trump then fired her because she was getting attention (and taking it away from him). Thought that was telling, catty and cheap.

5. Hated the way he decorated everything in gaudy ornaments dipped in gold. Not my taste but I thought it was pretentious and tacky. I believe people who have a strong need to flaunt wealth are insecure, shallow and unimpressive.

6. Thought he acted like a total bozo during the whole bankruptcy fiasco because he felt it was necessary to continuously tell people he was wealthy despite the fact he was obviously in financial straits. Humble is not in his lexicon.

7. The Birther Fiasco. Do not respect birthers in general, but Trump had to take it to ridiculous heights with investigations and publicity. Pathetic. At the WH Correspondents Dinner when he was roasted royally for that folly, he could not laugh at himself--just sat their shooting dagger looks at everyone. Takes himself much too seriously.

8. Disliked the way he started public wars with people he felt had somehow disrespected him. Felt it was shallow and childish.

9. He sues anyone he feels has disrespected him over the dumbest little thing. Feel it is childish and shallow.

10. Dislike the comments he has made about women. He seems to feel that women are basically ornaments and only worthy of respect if they are young and beautiful. Otherwise, they either do not exist or are worthy of only his insults. Again--shallow.

11. I don't like braggarts in general. It is a trait that reflects tackiness, insecurity and the need to impress people, but comes off as shallow and unimpressive.

12. He's more than rude--he's crude. I dislike rude. I detest crude.

13. He purposely insults and offends people and then says it is only being anti-PC because he thinks it will be believed (and it is by some). Its more than anti-PC. It is hostile.Like those passive-aggressive people who insult people and then say they were joking. Pure hostility.

14. He is immature and thin-skinned. Those late night twitter rants are uncivil, embarrassing and something one would expect from a sixth-grader.

15. He is not terribly knowledgeable about foreign or domestic policy and has no respect for insight and knowledge gained through experience in those matters.

16. He went into Scotland and destroyed lives, the ecosystem and the coastline, and did not care one bit.

So to sum up--I dislike him because he is shallow, pretentious, immature, misogynistic, thin-skinned, vengeful, simplistic, disloyal, rude, boorish, tacky, hypocritical, passive-agressive, disrespectful of human beings in general, and knows nothing about governing, foreign policy or domestic policy, but thinks that is irrelevant to the presidency.

Sorry for the lengthy answer, but you asked. Want to discuss one at a time?
Excellent post!

Old 12-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
for all non-Trump supporters I believe I can convince you to vote for him if you would only list your grievances towards him as president.
I don't think it is possible to refute the character flaws that make him a disastrous candidate. Have at it!

Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
A list may be the way to go with this.

1. I lived in NYC for years and watched him ride roughshod over established neighborhoods and residents who made up the fabric of the city and gave it the character that made it NYC, in order to erect giant cement phallic symbols to himself. He did not care about those who lived in the neighborhoods he was destroying one iota and made it obvious.

2. Thought the whole Ivana/Marla Maples affair was pathetic and trashy, yet he seemed proud of it.

3. I don't think a self-serving braggart who does not actually care about people would make a decent president.

4. Never really cared for his characteristics or personality traits anyway, but when he aired the Apprentice, I watched for a season and liked it (mostly because of his assistants--executives George and Carolyn, who I really liked). Others liked Carolyn also--a lot. Too much apparently, as Trump then fired her because she was getting attention (and taking it away from him). Thought that was telling, catty and cheap.

5. Hated the way he decorated everything in gaudy ornaments dipped in gold. Not my taste but I thought it was pretentious and tacky. I believe people who have a strong need to flaunt wealth are insecure, shallow and unimpressive.

6. Thought he acted like a total bozo during the whole bankruptcy fiasco because he felt it was necessary to continuously tell people he was wealthy despite the fact he was obviously in financial straits. Humble is not in his lexicon.

7. The Birther Fiasco. Do not respect birthers in general, but Trump had to take it to ridiculous heights with investigations and publicity. Pathetic. At the WH Correspondents Dinner when he was roasted royally for that folly, he could not laugh at himself--just sat their shooting dagger looks at everyone. Takes himself much too seriously.

8. Disliked the way he started public wars with people he felt had somehow disrespected him. Felt it was shallow and childish.

9. He sues anyone he feels has disrespected him over the dumbest little thing. Feel it is childish and shallow.

10. Dislike the comments he has made about women. He seems to feel that women are basically ornaments and only worthy of respect if they are young and beautiful. Otherwise, they either do not exist or are worthy of only his insults. Again--shallow.

11. I don't like braggarts in general. It is a trait that reflects tackiness, insecurity and the need to impress people, but comes off as shallow and unimpressive.

12. He's more than rude--he's crude. I dislike rude. I detest crude.

13. He purposely insults and offends people and then says it is only being anti-PC because he thinks it will be believed (and it is by some). Its more than anti-PC. It is hostile.Like those passive-aggressive people who insult people and then say they were joking. Pure hostility.

14. He is immature and thin-skinned. Those late night twitter rants are uncivil, embarrassing and something one would expect from a sixth-grader.

15. He is not terribly knowledgeable about foreign or domestic policy and has no respect for insight and knowledge gained through experience in those matters.

16. He went into Scotland and destroyed lives, the ecosystem and the coastline, and did not care one bit.

So to sum up--I dislike him because he is shallow, pretentious, immature, misogynistic, thin-skinned, vengeful, simplistic, disloyal, rude, boorish, tacky, hypocritical, passive-agressive, disrespectful of human beings in general, and knows nothing about governing, foreign policy or domestic policy, but thinks that is irrelevant to the presidency.

Sorry for the lengthy answer, but you asked. Want to discuss one at a time?
Thank you, Enigma. I think you hit all the salient points. There is nothing to add except to say that I agree with every one of them. Well said!

Old 12-29-2015, 04:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:

If you can get his daughter to sleep with me I will vote for him!

He's a slum lord. He has no tact he would insult another nation & all hell would break loose! I'll pass.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:30 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
for all non-Trump supporters I believe I can convince you to vote for him if you would only list your grievances towards him as president......
Unfortunately you should have added, "grievances that don't also apply to Hillary Clinton". There is a partisan double standard at play. So no matter what you say, you won't be able to change this irrational thinking.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:33 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Unfortunately you should have added, "grievances that don't also apply to Hillary Clinton". There is a partisan double standard at play. So no matter what you say, you won't be able to change this irrational thinking.
See post #10. None of them apply to Hillary Clinton. That's pure Trump.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:38 PM

988 posts, read 682,200 times
He probably can't put his finger on Syria on a map. But that's why his supporters love him. "Hey! He's just like me!"

Old 12-29-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wait - you mean that post # 10 could apply equally to Hillary Clinton? How so? It actually lists things that apply specifically to Trump's history and behavior.

Another reason not to support Trump - with all their individual faults, virtually every other candidate is a better choice than him.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:10 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Actually he only threatens to sue them which in addition to being childish and shallow is ineffectual.

Love your list, you nailed him!

Last edited by biscuitmom; 12-29-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections