Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:54 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Trump is the only one I see actually building the wall and deporting all the illegals. Heck I might even apply for immigration customs enforcement.

And Mr. Cruz is my second choice "if" for some reason Mr. Trump doesn't get on the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 03:19 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Pressing-on --- Thanks for listing Cruz's stance on immigration and visas. Sounds good to me except, IMO, an H1-B visa should never lead to a green card.
He has a lot in his immigration policy, to end incentives, along with that right to work here. For instance, these two are important to me:

Halt any increases in legal immigration so long as American unemployment remains unacceptably high

End birthright citizenship

Eliminate visa programs and strategies that do not serve national goals.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:41 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Anyone that is really interested in why Rubio said what he did about Cruz supporting illegal immigration should read this: Did Cruz Support Legalization?

I think Cruz is trying to snow people. He thinks he can fast talk, twist it and turn it, and fool people that he doesn't believe are as smart as he is. From the beginning, I had thought that he did support illegal immigration and this article certainly hints at it although he crafts his words in a sly way.

Another article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-immigrants/

From what I gathered, he doesn't support a pathway to citizenship but to allow the illegals to be legal. That isn't what I want. I am glad Rubio brought this up. Cruz is "slippery" and we don't need that. We don't need yet another POTUS that thinks that we are a bunch of dumb hicks.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:22 PM

407 posts, read 388,825 times
Cruz is not trying to snow people. He was trying to "snow" those in favor of the Hateful Eight bill, and his campaign admitted it according to the articles you posted

Here it is in the first article:
"But here’s the thing: Cruz’s campaign says he was bluffing. The true purpose of the amendment, the campaign says, was to expose the real motivations of the bill’s supporters. While those supporters claimed the bill’s aim was to allow 11 million immigrants in the country illegally to come out of the shadows, the Cruz campaign says Cruz was convinced the actual intent was to provide citizenship to those immigrants so they could become future voters. So, the campaign says, Cruz offered the amendment, knowing it would not pass, to show the real priority of supporters. "

And the second:

"His Senate spokeswoman Amanda Carpenter defended Cruz’s statements in November 2015 in a series of tweets. She said Cruz’s proposals were “specifically designed to expose the fact that all Gang of 8 cared about was path to citizenship,” rather than fixing the immigration system and border enforcement."

Here is Glenn Beck making the same analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6K8ewyUcMw

It is Rubio who that thinks we are a bunch of dumb hicks, equating legal immigration with illegal immigration in the last debate to deflect attention from his support of amnesty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkaEU0wnRc

I am shocked that Rubio's strategy of deflection is actually working. In one debate he was confronted about his absenteeism and his response was that Obama and Kerry also had a poor attendance record. Now he is asked about his support for amnesty and his response is that Ted Cruz, who sided with Jeff Sessions and Steve King, is also in favor of amnesty, and this somehow casts doubt on the conservative record of the most conservative members of Congress? This has to be the most bizarre presidential primary in history.

Rubio's strategy reminds me of the most common defense used by idiots who get pulled over for speeding by cops. They say that the other cars were also speeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Anyone that is really interested in why Rubio said what he did about Cruz supporting illegal immigration should read this: Did Cruz Support Legalization?

I think Cruz is trying to snow people. He thinks he can fast talk, twist it and turn it, and fool people that he doesn't believe are as smart as he is. From the beginning, I had thought that he did support illegal immigration and this article certainly hints at it although he crafts his words in a sly way.

From what I gathered, he doesn't support a pathway to citizenship but to allow the illegals to be legal. That isn't what I want. I am glad Rubio brought this up. Cruz is "slippery" and we don't need that. We don't need yet another POTUS that thinks that we are a bunch of dumb hicks.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

From your articles:

I would give him some Pinocchio's, but I can't read his mind. I don't really know if that's what he meant, he could have meant, but, and, I think, maybe, I don't know, but... Hilarious!

Let's make it really, really easy - If Ted Cruz were for legalization, why did he work so hard against the Gang of 8? Why wasn't it called the Gang of 9?

FACTS:
Not ONE TIME did Ted Cruz author any legalization in his amendments.
Not ONE TIME did Ted Cruz defend legalization in his amendment speeches.
Not ONE TIME did Ted Cruz ever propose any sort of Amnesty in his amendment speeches.

Even easier for you - Google “2010 immigration bill poison pill” and you will find a myriad of articles proving that Ted Cruz was not only trying, but was successful in stopping the Gang of 8.

What Ted Cruz did was put a spot light on what the Gang of 8 bill was really about - mass amnesty.

Cruz went on to purpose that any people that Rubio's bill "amnestied" would and should never be allowed a path to citizenship. His purpose was to show that the Democrats were lying about not wanting to create more Democrat voters, and it worked sublimely, because the Democrats voted it down, as Ted Cruz knew that they would.

He next went on to propose that we increase "legal" immigration. And not because he had a policy of wanting to increase immigration, but because he wanted to show that the Democrats didn't want "legal" immigrants, they only wanted illegals to come here so that they could be "amnestied" to become Democratic voters. That also worked sublimely, because the Democrats voted it down, as Ted Cruz knew they would.

Next, Ted Cruz went on to specify an increase in the skilled quest workers (H1B issue people are not telling the truth about). This wasn't because Ted Cruz wanted more H1B workers, but because he wanted to show that the Democrats wanted more Democratic voters. That also worked sublimely, because they voted it down, as Ted Cruz knew that they would.

Because of this sublimely waged amendment battle, Ted Cruz exposed the central mission of Rubio's Gang of 8 bill, which was solely to provide more Democratic voters, AND also make the Crony Capitalists happy in relation to farm workers.

Cruz helped expose the Democrats, making it easier to kill the bill. Cruz succeeded, Rubio lost. End of story.

On a side note, Donald Trump met with the Dreamers in mid 2014, quoted as saying, "You won me over." So, again, we don't know where Donald Trump actually stands on the issue.

Last, but not least, we can view Marco Rubio "LYING" in 2010:

"First of all, earned path to citizenship is basically code for amnesty. It's what they call it. And the reality of it is this: This has to do with the bottom line that America cannot be the only country in the world that does not enforce its immigration laws. It is unfair to the people that have legally entered this country to create an alternative pathway for individuals who entered illegally and knowingly did so."

Hello, Rubi'noochio!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yler4BEy9Ek

Old 01-01-2016, 12:56 PM

Ted Cruz speaks to Laura Ingraham explaining the Gang of 8 and H1B issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwLD-yj_fE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections