U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 AM

2,579 posts, read 1,538,814 times

Advertisements

I am Italian and I live in Europe, therefore please forgive me if you think this thread is totally out of place.

I am just wondering, do you think, in your heart of hearts that the majority of Americans are ready to vote either for a Woman president or for an African American president?
I am sure there are plenty of people who would not think twice about it, but would they be enough in number to make sure the next president is a democrat?

Good luck to you and to the world as your choices will inevitably affect us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 AM

2,486 posts, read 6,128,298 times
The world has already moved on from the prejudice against Blacks and Women. I think America is ready to move on to that stage as well.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 AM

8,640 posts, read 14,811,457 times
I am Republican so I am not planning on voting for either Hillary or Obama, but with me, it is about ideology, not sex/race.

Yes, I think that America is ready to vote for a woman or African American for president. I think it could happen.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 AM

3,253 posts, read 5,197,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl
The world has already moved on from the prejudice against Blacks and Women.
You should give people a keyboard warning (coffee spit ahead) before you write something that outrageous.

Maybe parts of "the world" have moved on, but the US is by any measure a leader in overcoming racism and sexism. Here's another measure - how does "the world" feel about Jews?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM

365 posts, read 478,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
I am Italian and I live in Europe, therefore please forgive me if you think this thread is totally out of place.

I am just wondering, do you think, in your heart of hearts that the majority of Americans are ready to vote either for a Woman president or for an African American president?
I am sure there are plenty of people who would not think twice about it, but would they be enough in number to make sure the next president is a democrat?

Good luck to you and to the world as your choices will inevitably affect us all.
well I think in 8 years we will be tasked with the debates being in Spanish and the candidates too...so this is really going to be a breeze compared to that....democracy is reserved for the future of Iraq not America ....

Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM

7,730 posts, read 8,869,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
....democracy is reserved for the future of Iraq not America ....
You deserve more than one point for this statement.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
You deserve more than one point for this statement.
lets make it a bumper sticker in Spanish, lol....

Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 AM

7,730 posts, read 8,869,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
lets make it a bumper sticker in Spanish, lol....
la democracia es reservada para el futuro de Iraq no América

Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
la democracia es reservada para el futuro de Iraq no América
lol, you go, bro, lol...$400 for 1000...putt putt Ole!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 PM

9,022 posts, read 7,203,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
. I think America is ready to move on to that stage as well.
I do too. Perhaps one day we will actually have a women or black candidate worth voting for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections