Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 01:27 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

As a matter of full disclosure, I'm not sure I care how badly that Republican Party ruins itself. It would make my day if both of the "big two" parties went down in flames and were replaced by political parties that actually represented the average American.

With that out of the way ... what is the deal with the GOP??? They had two very charismatic and electible candidates in 2012: Ron Paul and John Huntsman. They failed to nominate either. This cycle? The best possible chance to beat Hiterly came gift-wrapped for them in the person of Ben Carson, but just as we saw with Huntsman and Paul last time around, the Carson candidacy is imploding. The "bad joke on America" candidate Donald Trump is in the lead, with Mr ****, Vinegar and Angst Ted Cruz and as the closest behind.

Are Republicans seriously this stupid???
If so, kindly do not complain about the next 8 years under President Hillary. You've already earned the next four. Trump and Cruz are terrible candidates. And you're going to be just as stupid in 2020, gift-wrapping an easy win for the Snow Queen's re-election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 01:39 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As a matter of full disclosure, I'm not sure I care how badly that Republican Party ruins itself. It would make my day if both of the "big two" parties went down in flames and were replaced by political parties that actually represented the average American.

You want to see them go down in flames; vote for Trump! The Republicans don't want him anymore than the Democrats. Even though a Republican; he is the best third party candidate that we have had in many. many years. He should not give in to the traditional butt kissing and at the same time I hope that his skills as a negotiator serve him well. This is our one big chance.

By the way; I'm an Independent and If you want to bad mouth the Democrats - help yourself! They also have that problem with "seriously that stupid"!

Old 01-02-2016, 02:10 PM

998 posts, read 665,261 times
Quote:
It would make my day if both of the "big two" parties went down in flames and were replaced by political parties that actually represented the average American.
Just because you feel that they don't represent your values, that doesn't mean everyone feels the same. Otherwise, they wouldn't be nominating and then voting for these individuals. You need to accept that there will never be a candidate that matches you on every single issue, unless you decide to run for yourself.

Quote:
With that out of the way ... what is the deal with the GOP??? They had two very charismatic and electible candidates in 2012: Ron Paul and John Huntsman.
You seem to have troubles distinguishing your personal feelings with other people. If other people felt the same... then they would have nominated them.

Quote:
They failed to nominate either. This cycle? The best possible chance to beat Hiterly came gift-wrapped for them in the person of Ben Carson, but just as we saw with Huntsman and Paul last time around, the Carson candidacy is imploding. The "bad joke on America" candidate Donald Trump is in the lead, with Mr ****, Vinegar and Angst Ted Cruz and as the closest behind.
Carson? He comes across as a nice guy and would possibly capture some of the black vote, but he is too soft spoken and weak in important areas such as economics and foreign policy to go head to head against Hillary. Carson wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.
Quote:

If so, kindly do not complain about the next 8 years under President Hillary. You've already earned the next four. Trump and Cruz are terrible candidates. And you're going to be just as stupid in 2020, gift-wrapping an easy win for the Snow Queen's re-election.
Cool story, bro

Old 01-02-2016, 02:13 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Huh???First off not one vote has been cast so on one has been nominated yet.....i'm still unconvinced that either Trump or Cruz will be,and if one of them is they have about the same chance of beating Hilary that any of the other candidates do.

While I like Ben Carson as a person he's hardly charismatic,doesn't have much of a grasp on issues and hes too religious for many voters.Saying things like you believe that 'Joseph built the pyramids to store grain' isn't going to garner him many votes.Being the most 'laidback' candidate in the history of elections is hardly going to help him win an election anywhere.

I'm not sure what you think made Huntsman a great candidate,I don't see where he was much different than Romney.

While I like Ron Paul and voted for him in the primary I never thought he was either charismatic or electible.He was always a niche candidate that was never going to attract a majority of voters from any party much less win a general election.

While Trump isn't my ideal choice he does have a weird charisma that attracts people from different groups while really turning off other groups.In this weird election year he 'could' actually win.He has kind of a 'bluecollar billionare' thing going that 'could' get people to vote who normally don't vote while at the same time getting some republicans to actually vote for Hilary.

It's going to be an interesting year.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:16 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:

With that out of the way ... what is the deal with the GOP??? They had two very charismatic and electible candidates in 2012: Ron Paul and John Huntsman. They failed to nominate either. This cycle? The best possible chance to beat Hiterly came gift-wrapped for them in the person of Ben Carson, but just as we saw with Huntsman and Paul last time around, the Carson candidacy is imploding. The "bad joke on America" candidate Donald Trump is in the lead, with Mr ****, Vinegar and Angst Ted Cruz and as the closest behind.

If anything you said was the truth other than in your own mind, why are the liberals so afraid of Trump? Why is there thread after thread here about why Trump can't win, shouldn't win, would ruin the country if he wins? Why did you write this thread if you aren't seriously worried that Benghazi Hillary is going down in flames and you, yes you, will be stuck with Trump? If you and all the other democrats and liberals wanted trump to win the nomination so Benghazi Hillary and sweep the national election, you'd shut up about it.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:27 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Carson?

The one lasting mark Carson will leave is that of forever removing "brain surgeon" as a term for someone very smart. He's undoubtedly a fine neurosurgeon, and showed himself to be completely unprepared for a Presidential job.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:27 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
A question just as fair is why the Democrats - the part of diversity - is stuck with a field of candidates that consists of 4 White guys and 1 White woman, the 2 frontrunners are both old. Meanwhile the Republican field included 1 woman, 1 Indian America, 1 Black American, and 2 Cuban Americans. D's gets a vast majority of minority votes but seem to be lacking in future exciting minority candidates.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:31 PM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
There is no way in hell Hillary or Bernie will be the next President. It's just a matter of picking the Republican candidate that is most likely to save what is left of our country.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:41 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
The "bad joke on America" candidate Donald Trump is in the lead, with Mr ****, Vinegar and Angst Ted Cruz and as the closest behind.
Some, I assume, are good people.

But the thing is: The loudmouth bigots - those who think and sound the most like your crazy uncle at Thanksgiving - dominate the primaries. And Trump is telling them straight up what other candidates have been careful to try to convey via dog whistle: Foreigners are bad, suspicious people, the reason you don't have what you feel should be yours is other poor people, now let's go stick it to the libs.

It sells.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:49 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Bush # 2 and because he was a "Bush" got elected as well as people got sick and tired of Clinton .

Obama got elected because people got sick and tired of Bush # 2.

Trump ? will get elected because people are sick and tired of Obama and the establishment "D" and "R".

Well something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections