Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 04:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Sad attempt at deflection.

Well, if you had read the post I was responding to you would realize that I was simply parroting the deflection that was aimed at me, asking me why I was here instead of out volunteering for my candidate. Context is everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 04:52 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, yes, I am aware that there was nothing intellectual about any of the Tea Party rallies I attended. Still, it was a movement that was sweeping across the country, and I am interested in social movements, so it was purely for the experience.

And yeah, I will admit that I made fun of them, but damn, there was just so much to laugh about. I also photographed the signage and posted them on various websites that were asking for pictures of particularly egregious or ridiculous ones. And there was so much ridiculousness to choose from it was hard to limit myself.

My friend and I actually had a lot of fun. Rarely have laughed so much since, although I have a feeling a Trump rally would give Tea Parties a run for their money in that regard.

I felt the same way about those stupid Occupy rallies. Unlike the TEA Party events that I attended, a majority of the Occupiers trashed the area around the courthouse, some even defecating out in the open. Disgusting and completely turned me off from their message.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As practiced by you? Ahhh. Let's See.

You state that you will vote for the Democrat nominee no matter who it is.
Please show me where I said this. You asked me who I would vote for if Sanders didn't become the Democratic nominee and I said my second choice would be Clinton.

In what universe does that translate to me stating I will "vote for the Democrat nominee no matter who it is"?

Well, outside of the bizarro world of Waldokitty, anyway?

Old 01-03-2016, 04:59 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He asks this question in Iowa - "How many evangelicals come out of Cuba?"

What does this have to do with anything other than implying Cruz is pandering to evangelicals. His father is a Baptist minister.

LOL! Should we ask how many evangelicals live in Trump Tower?

If he thinks that Cruz supporters will come to his side, he can dream.
You totally missed what he was actually saying. Ted Cruz's father IS a dry drunk, a liar, a hypocrite and a charlatan. This "Christian" abandoned his two daughters and he never tried to rectify his wrongs. And he's told a lot of fish stories to his son who idolizes him like a lot of ACOA's do (Adult Children of Alcoholics).

And Ted Cruz is using the Evangelicals just like GWB did. You can't see it, that's OK. One day you will.

I did my homework on that "minister". I encourage you to do the same.

Trump has a lot of flaws, but he's a good salesman. He can "read" people like nobody's business. Trump is also a veteran of many lawsuits. You better believe he had old man Cruz checked out

Old 01-03-2016, 05:07 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Please show me where I said this.
...... that you plan to vote for the Democrat no matter who is on ticket?

Sure thing....
Quote:
That pretty much describes me. I'm not a big fan of Hillary's, but if she is the Democratic nominee I will vote for her because she will be vastly better than anyone the Republicans will put forth. Kind of like conservatives will vote for whoever is on the GOP ticket because they don't want to see a Democrat in the White House.
Topic is about Constructive Criticism of Trump. Obviously a partisan, who says it doesn't matter what the candidate says or does, isn't going to do this.

You claimed that Trump can't speak better than young kids that you know. This fact simply puts that statement into light. The speeches posted here prove otherwise.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Well, if you had read the post I was responding to you would realize that I was simply parroting the deflection that was aimed at me, asking me why I was here instead of out volunteering for my candidate. Context is everything.
Oh, I read it.

So, when do you plan to start volunteering for the candidate of your choice? Have you ever volunteered to help any candidate? Before you throw that question back at me, I'll answer. Yes, I have done so---even participated as a local delegate so that a candidate could get the party nomination. Now, your turn.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Oh, yes, I am aware that there was nothing intellectual about any of the Tea Party rallies I attended. Still, it was a movement that was sweeping across the country, and I am interested in social movements, so it was purely for the experience.

And yeah, I will admit that I made fun of them, but damn, there was just so much to laugh about. I also photographed the signage and posted them on various websites that were asking for pictures of particularly egregious or ridiculous ones. And there was so much ridiculousness to choose from it was hard to limit myself.

My friend and I actually had a lot of fun. Rarely have laughed so much since, although I have a feeling a Trump rally would give Tea Parties a run for their money in that regard.
I see. I think that from an anthropological point of view, seeing is believing.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, I read it.

So, when do you plan to start volunteering for the candidate of your choice? Have you ever volunteered to help any candidate? Before you throw that question back at me, I'll answer. Yes, I have done so---even participated in a local delegate so that a candidate could get the party nomination. Now, your turn.
Yes, I have. I've worked phone banks and rang doorbells. Haven't done it this election season yet, but I probably will.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:37 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I listened to the rally speech and I listened to his Face the Nation interview. He can obfuscate all the wants. I am not buying it. Too many tally marks keep adding up with his ridiculous comments.
You didn't go in to like him. Stop pretending you are an impartial observer. He is what he is and if you don't like it shop elsewhere.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I mean, Trump is not captivating the massive crowds.

Speakers who know how build a Speech to hold an audience, understand how to bring their key points to a climatic conclusion. But, sadly, Trump just keeps boring people at his rally's.

Seriously, the man needs some Sharp people to advise him how to keep the crowd Awake.

Tonight, his talk was same ole, same ole. If you heard him a week ago, nothing different tonight.

VERY FRUSTRATING.
He's an idiot. Many of us have been saying this for awhile (Since August). Americans will deserve who they get if they let this guy in the W.H.

However, Clinton is equally as bad.

Maybe the best thing for the Democrats is if GOP wins with Trump, he gets kicked out of office/impeached DEMs win the WH back in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections