Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Again - the same old threads on Trump - what candidates are not saying the same things time after time - Bernie, Hillary, Rubio ect.. Obama's was hope and change. They all do it excessively rally after rally - interview after interview so why should Donald be different.

He's only picked on because he's the one everyone is most afraid of. If these other candidates could get their carp together and offer something that the American people want and can stand behind - the Donald would fade away - but no one else is attracting and listening to the people like Trump and Sanders.
^^^That! Now, if he were giving a speech to the same crowd of people every time but even that isn't the case. I don't understand what else people would want to discuss. What he got for Christmas? Where he plans to vacation this year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
What a Hypocritical Hogwash rebuttal at Trump.

Clinton started the malicious insulting slander toward Trump. After she opened the Sexism Door of False attacks on Trump, yeah, he has every right to hit back HARD.

He did, and on Face the Nation, Today, he Nailed her to the proverbial wall.
Nope. Trump started it when he said she got schlonged. Which is kind of genius on his part because HE started the whole ball rolling and somehow blamed HER for getting the whole b all rolling - which then gives him the right to 'go after her'.

Which, is really, all he knows how to do anyway. He certain can't speak intelligently on the issues but his is fabulous at trash talking ALL other candidates. Really, his strong point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I am an unBias, objective commentator. What are you?!!
Literally, you JUST created a thread about what a horrible speaker he is.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:13 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
For many attending Trump's rallies, it may be the first time they've heard him speak publicly. So what - he repeats pretty much the same stump speech every rally. So do all the other candidates. Just because you've heard it before doesn't mean others haven't.

No WAY did the audience look bored. They were the most vocal and enthusiastic I've seen in a while. And while I DO listen to every one of his rallies, I'm not bored at all. Here's the link to his entire speech for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCx3tSWtyFI

Old 01-03-2016, 12:22 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
A typical Donald Trump speech looks something like this:

Quote:
Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off:*Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a one—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.
Donald Trump isn't just a clown, he's the entire circus.
Is that a transcript of an actual speech? Good grief. Sarah Palin word salad made more sense. THIS is who 30 some percent of Republicans think should lead the country? How depressing.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:40 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
He does ramble on. For some reason though, I enjoy watching him. Versus Obama, who is supposedly this Great Speaker, but I think he's a total yawn.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:40 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Is that a transcript of an actual speech? Good grief. Sarah Palin word salad made more sense. THIS is who 30 some percent of Republicans think should lead the country? How depressing.
Which candidate, that you hold to the same standard, do you think will do a better job?

Old 01-03-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
He does ramble on. For some reason though, I enjoy watching him. Versus Obama, who is supposedly this Great Speaker, but I think he's a total yawn.
Yeah, I could see how someone talking about things of actual substance would be a total yawn when word salad is more to your taste.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:42 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
For many attending Trump's rallies, it may be the first time they've heard him speak publicly.
A lot of things Trump does appear off handed and spontaneous but they are in fact calculated. There is a saying in Marketing that you have to see an ad at least 7 times before you buy. It is his incessant repetition that puts his ideas on the front page. He even uses exact same words. It is not an accident.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Which candidate, that you hold to the same standard, do you think will do a better job?
After reading that gobbledygook, virtually anyone who could actually string words into a coherent sentence would be a better choice.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:43 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump needs to be listened to not read. If you want polished, prepared speeches the smorgasbord is long and wide. We don't want that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections