Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
And it is you as well who don't want him in the general. Deep down inside you know the truth, Trump will absolutely annihilate your candidate. You should probably wear your little bicycle helmet election night, it's going to be alittle rough.
No he won't, I am hoping the right wingers are dumb enough to pick Trump because I want to watch them crash and burn in 2016. It would make for a great push for the Democrats as right wingers try to figure out what they did wrong.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:31 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I can honestly say I have never been repulsed on such a visceral way by a viable presidential candidate in my lifetime, which spans quite a few election cycles. The others that sent my psycho-warning radar spinning never had even a remote chance. This one does.
Now you know how we felt about Obama. It doesn't feel so good now does it? Revenge is a dish best served cold, and where I am right now it's absolutely FREEZING.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:34 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No he won't, I am hoping the right wingers are dumb enough to pick Trump because I want to watch them crash and burn in 2016. It would make for a great push for the Democrats as right wingers try to figure out what they did wrong.
I hear Portland is very walkable. Maybe you should get some fresh air, get the blood flowing and come back to reality alil bit. Trump will destroy the Democratic candidate...you will see.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:35 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Now you know how we felt about Obama. It doesn't feel so good now does it? Revenge is a dish best served cold, and where I am right now it's absolutely FREEZING.
Uhm.... I am not an Obama supporter. I voted for the boring white dude in '12. I think Obama may go down as the worst president in history. I would like to keep it that way and not put someone in there who would take his place.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I hear Portland is very walkable. Maybe you should get some fresh air, get the blood flowing and come back to reality alil bit. Trump will destroy the Democratic candidate...you will see.
It is walkable, and thanks for the laugh, Trump the Birther is going to get his butt handed to him in this election. Though it is gonna be fun playing the game what happened to the Trumpets when he loses.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That can be said about every political candidate. 35 years later many still have this same reaction about Reagan. Start a thread on Carter and see how it goes.
OMG, to even compare him with Reagan should be a sin!!!!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:39 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
The thought that this vulgar, bigoted, sexist blowhard has a realistic possibility of becoming president is frightening enough to make sane people desperate. Consider it along the lines of a woman finding a lump in her breast; it might not be cancer or even just a small chance it is, but until testing comes back most will worry that it is and will try to find "evidence" that it couldn't happen.

So you would rather have any Democratic President that makes statements like: “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.” or maybe: “Richard Nixon is a no good, lying bastard. He can lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, and if he ever caught himself telling the truth, he'd lie just to keep his hand in."

Both quotes are from: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo...Harry_S_Truman. Here is one more from that link that I think Trump and his supporters (including myself) would approve: “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” If Trump keeps the line of communications open with the public and continues to 'listen' when he becomes President; I think he could be one of our greatest Presidents.

You tell me what other 'professional political President' ever listened to the voters? I know that we cannot expect that of Hillary!

Quote:
Uhm.... I am not an Obama supporter. I voted for the boring white dude in '12. I think Obama may go down as the worst president in history. I would like to keep it that way and not put someone in there who would take his place.
The worst president in history? Only if you ignore the history of presidencies in the US. Heck, even baby Bush ranks worse than Obama, so he couldn't even be worst president in recent history....

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What scares me about the "popularity" Trump is enjoying right now is that this sort of parallels another radical person who rose to power in this century.........Adolph Hitler. Hitler became "popular" (even though he wasn't a German himself) because he said things that gave the German people hope in a somewhat desperate time. Their finances were in the toilet and their national pride was suffering badly. The things he said about "making Germany great again" sound a whole lot like what Trump is capitalizing on right now.

Not saying he is Hitler reincarnated, but he has found a weak spot in what people are feeling about America right now, and we are ready to listen to anyone who sounds like they are as fed up as us, and who promises to do radical things to change all of that. His body language is a lot like Hitler's, if you look at it.

Watch some old videos of Hitler at rallies, and you will see the same sort of blind loyalty that we are seeing at Trump gatherings. Might not seem that way to others, but I do see some disturbing similarities.

Don
I recall Obama being "poop"ular when he first started running with his hope and change bit and people ate it up without complaints, vetting and such.

Nobody was worried then because he was 'the annointed one" the one that a woman thought that she was going to not have to pay for her gas and such - she got a rude awakening and recall she now hates Obama.

Trump speaks out about issues affecting this country that nobody else has the courage to do - he's a game changer and the establishments dislike him that means he's the kind of man this country needs now imo. Of course time will tell.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:47 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It's too bad the GOP won't allow Trump the Birther to be nominated.
He'll be nominated. Don't worry about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections