Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 09:21 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
if we use the example that Cruz is a American citizen born in Canada by American parent, why cant we use it with anchor babies since they was born in united states to Mexican citizens, why cant we claim the babies are Mexican citizens because you get your citizenship from your parents
Anchor baby: used to refer to a child born to a noncitizen mother in a country which has birthright citizenship

I hope we can get this law changed and stop the dumb anchor baby stuff. No one should be considered a citizen unless one or both parents is a citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Then someone in the Cruz household lied to the enumerators - they DO ask about citizenship esp. given Canada's high rate of new immigrants.
She was in Canada the same length of time as Cruz's father - (eight years - 1966-1974) and he did get Canadian citizenship.

"I worked in Canada for eight years," Rafael Cruz says. "And while I was in Canada, I became a Canadian citizen."

How Ted Cruz's Father Shaped His Views On Immigration : It's All Politics : NPR
I have worked for the Census Bureau. My job was to correct the piles of folders with mistakes. Please.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,212 times
Quote:
Trump does no qualify for British citizenship.

https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citizen
Neither do I apparently.

I'm still sure someone can find a way to 'prove' he doesn't qualify as a 'natural born' citizen either....His mother was a foreigner just like Cruz s dad and Obamas dad,and Rubios dad and mom.Mitt Romneys dad was born in Mexico to American parents but some said because of that he didn't qualify.Of course George Romney ran himself for president....and some said he didn't qualify.Some said McCain didn't qualify since he was born in Panama..on a US Military base.Some said Barry Goldwater didn't qualify because Arizona was a territory...not a state.Come to think of it Goldwaters father was a jew,and don't all jews have a 'right of return' under Israeli law??So I guess all jews are potential Israelis so none can be president.....hmmm

I'm sure someone can create a theory to go birther on Trump.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I have worked for the Census Bureau. My job was to correct the piles of folders with mistakes. Please.
The census has nothing to do with an enumeration of eligible voters.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Johnson, the current Cruz strategist, pointed out in his statement to Breitbart that "the document itself does not purport to be a list of ‘registered Canadian voters.’"
"All this might conceivably establish is that this list of individuals (maybe) lived at the given addresses," he added. "It says nothing about who was a citizen eligible to vote.”
Why would Cruz's spokesperson spout that misinformation? The enumeration list is what is used at the polling stations - if you are on the list you can vote.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:51 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yes he did. In order to be a student at the school he attended in Indonesia, he was required to be an Indonesian citizen.
untrue. there is no such requirement under indonesian law.

again, obama has yet to be eligible for indonesian citizenship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indone...ationality_law

( yes, i know his step-father listed him as an indonesian citizen on his school registration when he was 6 ).

Old 01-08-2016, 10:13 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Got this from Wiki,
"When he was a child, Ted Cruz's mother told him that she would have to make an affirmative act to claim Canadian citizenship for him, so his family assumed that he did not hold Canadian citizenship.[24] In August 2013, after the Dallas Morning News pointed out that Cruz had dual Canadian-American citizenship,[25] he applied to formally renounce his Canadian citizenship and ceased being a citizen of Canada on May 14, 2014.[24][26]"

Now, who know about what the mother told the child? Seems like a convenient explanation after the fact. I find it hard to believe that as an adult Cruz never wondered about the possibility of Canadian citizenship given that he was born there. If I was born in Switzerland you can be sure I would find out, and it wouldn't take a presidential run.
Ask Cruz if he registered in the Selective Service Systen when he became 18 years old. There has to be a record of that.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:16 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"About Canada, Voters Lists, 1935-1980

This database contains preliminary voters lists for general elections in Canada, 1935–1980.

Historical Background

By 1935, the year of the earliest voting records in this database, the franchise had been extended to both men and women age 21 and over for federal elections in Canada. The last property qualifications were done away with in 1948, and exclusions for Inuit and Indians living on reserves were eliminated in 1950 and 1960. In 1970, the voting age was lowered to 18 and the franchise reserved for Canadian citizens, though some British subjects retained their right to vote until 1975.

What You Can Find in the Records

This database contains voters lists created for general elections in Canada for the years 1935–1980. Lists are organized by polling district within each province and from there by polling station number and address. The forms varied some over the years, but they typically included name, post office or street address, and occupation. They sometimes indicate marital status for women in lieu of occupation."

---------------------------------------

^ Here's a description of the database from ancestry. Funny this came up, I was just looking at that database last night.

Last edited by elan; 01-08-2016 at 10:25 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
The census has nothing to do with an enumeration of eligible voters.
Hello! Grasping for straws are we?

“It was like a census… they were very quick and non-obtrusive visits, someone standing in your doorstep
” he told Breitbart News via e-mail. “They certainly didn’t ask for ID.

1974 Canadian Electors

Old 01-08-2016, 10:38 PM

Do we get to see Trump's mother's birth certificate? Hahahahaha!

Maybe if Cruz's mother came to one of his rallies, he would ask her to leave and demand they take her coat. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections