Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 12:46 PM

88,544 posts, read 44,252,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Really? Simply because we don't buy into your Birtherism philosophy
What birtherism philosophy? I'm citing actual historical FACTS. Read the letters between John Jay and George Washington I posted. Consider the fact that the 1970 Naturalization Act was repealed in 1975 and the declaration of those born outside the US to citizen parents to be considered as NBCs was removed, and never since enacted. Consider the fact that an attempt was made to do so in 2004, but it FAILED.

All very clear evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I never said he didn't know he was BORN in Canada. The issue has to do with his citizenship. The fact is, neither he, nor his parents were aware that CA citizenship was conferred upon him at birth
I'm having a pretty hard time believing that.

I'm in my 50s and in grade school, some of my friends were from a family with a US citizen Dad and a UK citizen Mom. They were born in the UK. Had British birth certificates. Even they knew as grade school kids way back then that they were born dual citizens.

Is Cruz an idiot? Or what?

Old 01-14-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
John Jay specifically intended to limit it to people born as citizens of the United States.
Nope:

"...to provide a strong check to the admission of Foreigners into the administration of our national Government; and to declare expressly that the Command in chief of the american army shall not be given to, nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen."

Old 01-14-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Frankly, this is the same sort of logic that said that John F Kennedy couldn't be president because he owed his allegiance to a foreign pope.
He was a citizen of the Pope? Please provide proof of that.

Meanwhile, check the jus sanguinis nationality laws of countries which automatically confer citizenship on those born to their citizens, worldwide, and, additionally, jus soli nationality laws.

To be clear: The problem with Cruz's, Obama's, and others' Constitutional Presidential eligibility is conflicting/competing allegiance at birth via dual (or more) citizenship, and a foreign country's valid legal right according to international law to enforce its laws upon its own citizens/subjects, worldwide.

The US State Department warns about that to this day. I've already posted the link.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:08 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,112,990 times
Quote:
John Jay specifically intended to limit it to people born as citizens of the United States. That's why he emphasized the word born. He wanted to exclude the people who were not born as citizens of the United States.

Need I remind you, one more time, that your own acknowledged authority, the State Department, recognizes Ted Cruz as a born citizen of the United States?

Frankly, this is the same sort of logic that said that John F Kennedy couldn't be president because he owed his allegiance to a foreign pope.
This is easily the worst analogy I have read in this entire thread.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
The DEFINITION was NOT REPEALED.
Yes, it was. READ it:

Quote:
"Sec. 4. And be it further enacted, That the act entitled "An act to establish an uniform rule of naturalization," passed the twenty-sixth day of March, one thousand seven hundred and ninety, be, and the same is hereby repealed."

Approved, January 29, 1795,
US Statutes at Large, Vol. I, pp.414-415."
https://books.google.com/books?id=5K...ed.%22&f=false

Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM

8,354 posts, read 7,298,933 times
InformedConsent, I'm getting tired of having to review everything that you throw up on this thread. Here's the things you were just flat out wrong about, yet you defended to the end, while belittling any who disagreed with you:

(*) Ted Cruz isn't a born citizen of the United States (disproven by Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1956).
(*) Alexander Hamilton submitted a draft of the Constitution to the Convention, and John Jay's letter changed the proposed wording of 'born a citizen' to 'natural born citizen' (disproven by your own source).

And you don't even have the decency to admit that you were wrong.

Now you want to rant about the dangers of the "foreign born".

So let me ask you this, and please refrain from your usual equivocation, do you believe in your heart of hearts that either the Queen of England (a possible monarchist), the Prime Minister of Canada (a Liberal), or the President of Cuba (a Communist) hold any sway over Ted Cruz, a Republican religious conservative? Will a President Cruz be sitting by the phone awaiting instructions from Elizabeth, Justin, or Raoul?

Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm in my 50s and in grade school.
You know, that explains a lot.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
So let me ask you this, and please refrain from your usual equivocation, do you believe in your heart of hearts that either the Queen of England (a possible monarchist), the Prime Minister of Canada (a Liberal), or the President of Cuba (a Communist) hold any sway over Ted Cruz, a Republican religious conservative?
Let me ask YOU a question... Do you think the US citizens born in the US to (naturalized at Independence) US citizen parents who were impressed into service in the British Royal Navy in the late 18th and early 19th centuries thought they were anything other than totally loyal to the US?

It's not about "feelings." It's about well-established, centuries old international LAW.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
So let me ask you this, and please refrain from your usual equivocation, do you believe in your heart of hearts that either the Queen of England (a possible monarchist), the Prime Minister of Canada (a Liberal), or the President of Cuba (a Communist) hold any sway over Ted Cruz, a Republican religious conservative? Will a President Cruz be sitting by the phone awaiting instructions from Elizabeth, Justin, or Raoul?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let me ask YOU a question...
I think that your refusal to answer speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections