Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Really? Don't they teach grammar in America anymore? Or is that just the Republican twits, I mean, tweets. But to be fair, all those apostrophes and quotation marks are sooooo confusing.

Mick
I feel sorry for someone who's so easily confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh please.. the arab world hated us far before GWB.. The first World Trade center bombing, bombing of the SS Cole etc took place under Clinton.
Your bull excuses fall on deaf ears, pal.

I'm telling you with certainty, Dubya Bush and henchmen, Rice, Cheney, Rumsfeld (even Old Prez G H W Bush) blamed and blasted Dumb Rummy recently, in his book.) ...all these War mongers under Dubya, and especially, Dubya Bush, are held in contempt by a massive number of American citizens, for that Mother of Mistakes, in Iraq.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:04 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, I'm reading Drudge this morning and it seems the big story that Drudge wants to highlight is George Soros saying it's the 2008 financial crisis all over again.

"Billionaire financier George Soros is warning of an impending financial markets crisis as investors around the world were roiled by turmoil in China trade for the second time this week."

Soros: It's the 2008 crisis all over again

The second story I read is Gov Rick Scott in Florida saying Trump has America's pulse. He says:

"I don’t think his ability to give the most interesting interviews or speeches is the only thing that has him leading in the polls. I think he is capturing the frustration of many Americans after seven years of President Obama’s very intentional government takeover of the U.S. economy...I continue to believe that our next president will be chosen because he or she has a believable plan for robust job creation in America. Yes, foreign policy and defense will be front-burner issues in this election, but let’s not forget that without a thriving economy, we will never be able to afford the kind of vigorous defenses that our country must have...Our next president cannot simply tweak our national economic policies. We need a complete overhaul."

He goes on to say how hard it is to start a business these days.

Donald Trump has America's pulse: Rick Scott

As you already know, skirmishes going on in various areas of the middle east are all over the TV news with photos reminding people the Iraq/Afghanistan quagmire has been going on for over a decade. It doesn't seem to get better, just worse.

And then comes the article that totally baffles me and that is there are some heads in the Republican party that think George W Bush (43) is the person who could come out of hiding and take down Trump not just for Jeb but for the sake of the party. Am I living in Bizarro World or what?

George W. Bush Could Be Key to Stopping Donald Trump, Republican Says - Bloomberg Politics

For the sake of the party? What party? The Democrat Party? If the 2008 financial crisis is coming around again reminding people of the beginning of the slide of the economy that took place under W and that Obama reminded people of for at least 4 years (Remember when Obama started every sentence with "I inherited?"). Our soldiers are still being killed in Afghanistan, and Iraq is worse now than it was under Saddam Hussein, reminding people that it all started with Bush yet, there are heads in the Republican Party that think throwing George W Bush out there is the key to stopping Trump? It just boggles the mind. Just when there is a whole bunch of crappola that can be attributed to Obama/Hillary, there are GOP "leaders" out there who want to remind everyone all over again of George W Bush. What dope are they smoking? They still haven't learned a d*mn thing from Trump's and Sander's crowds.

Take Trump out of the equation. Do you think strategically speaking, as a Republican voter, putting George W Bush out front and center now is a good idea, a bad idea, the most azzinine thing you ever heard of?

Good post. As for GWB... No. I think Americans in general are tired of these little family dynasties (Bush, Clinton, etc...). And they are fed up with Establishment scotch sippers getting nothing done.

Nope, when it comes to establishment types people are, well... bushed. They want change and Trump is that change. Of course the brain dead Establishment GOP golf pants crowd will NEVER get this through their dense skulls but I no longer care. Time to end the status quo.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
"Establishment" candidates are the only reason these recent elections haven't been Reagan 84/LBJ 64 style disasters.

They need to nominate a "real conservative" to finally put this "we only lose because we nominate Moderates" theory to the test

I think we already tested the 'only moderate Republicans can win' idea. Just ask former presidents McCain and Romney....

Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I DO know about this fact. I, exactly as Donald Trump, Know that Dubya (GWB) did horrible Damage and basically caused the Hatred and Major problems with the Arab World, by his personal Stupidity War, Pre-Emptive Attack....Invasion in Iraq in 2003 .

Guarantee you, that is the biggest mistake the U.S. A. Has made in maybe, ever. And that is a key reason this Nut case, Lil Bro, Jeb Bush has been ignored and cast aside in this Election cycle. Every day, often, I see tweets on Twitter saying, "No more Bush'es". .. That family has done too much harm to America.

A little touched with BDS, eh? Maybe more than a little?

Old 01-07-2016, 02:17 PM

99,552 posts, read 4,490,935 times
I'm not a Republican voter, but putting myself in a GOP voter's shoes for a moment, I would consider it a monumentally boneheaded move by Jeb! to bring W out on the campaign trail. Regardless of how popular he is among GOP voters, independents will be reminded of the economic and foreign policy disasters of the Bush/Cheney regime. The primaries are not "for GOP eyes only". Independent voters will be paying attention. Inserting W into the 2016 campaign will not help in the general election in November.

However, Jeb! and his advisers seem to be strategically tone deaf enough to do this anyway.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This doesn't address the question as to whether it's a strategically good idea to put GWB out there during Campaign 2016.
First, it's primary season. There are different strategies that are at play before the nominations and after the nominations. And for some of the people running, it's a good idea to put GWB out there, for other people running, it's not a good idea.

Second, I'm wondering. Do all the Trump supporters think that if he wins the nomination that the GOP establishment supporters, the people who supported other candidates, are all going to just rally around Trump? That's possible, I'm not saying it isn't. But Trump does seem to have a polarizing effect, and there are some Republicans that hate him. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats can afford to have voters just deciding to not vote in this election.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
GWB isn't popular with anyone. While president the partisan will defend someone no matter what but it was claimed for a long time that Clinton was popular also but look at what has happened to him lately. Completely marginalized.

To think dragging GWB out of hiding would be a good idea is just another example of how out of touch many are.

P.S. All Drudge does is provide easily clickable links to the latest news. The left side is extremely handy to access news from many sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections