Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 11:39 AM

78,022 posts, read 60,232,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Unlikely that anyone "bought" tickets as the tickets to these events are not sold.

This is being reported in multiple outlets, and, the 20,000 number came from the Trump camp.
Again, the venue seats 1400.

Now, given Trump's inclinations towards hyperbole, it certainly could be another of his exaggerations, but, these numbers are coming from his campaign.

As the OP notes, why would the campaign knowingly create such a potentially dangerous situation?

Totally irresponsible, IMHO.
How is it dangerous?

This isn't exactly a bunch of European soccer fans that paid for tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 11:41 AM

26,554 posts, read 14,400,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I feel confident that Trump is experienced in handling such situations.
“Their attitude is, what happens outside the venue is someone else’s responsibility,” [Mayor] Weinberger said of Trump’s campaign.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,177,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You can get tickets via a link on his website, events page.

Events | Donald J Trump for President

20,000 people want to see him in Bernie Sanders' state?
IMHO: Not so much that in that I'm sure that many of the tickets went to anti-Trump/Republican people to try to suppress who shows up at this rally.

This is why the "overbooking" by the Trump campaign.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why would Trump's people book such a small venue?
to guarantee images of a packed house.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:51 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,177,334 times
I don't know VT so hence this question: Was there a larger indoor venue that could've been used instead?

Trump can pack them in so?.......................

Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 AM

25,791 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
“Their attitude is, what happens outside the venue is someone else’s responsibility,” [Mayor] Weinberger said of Trump’s campaign.
Do you have a link where the Trump campaign said that? This is what I found: Burlington raises concerns over Trump event As you know, Trump has moved rallies twice because the crowds were so much larger than anyone could have anticipated. Right?

Quote:
to guarantee images of a packed house.
I don't think we have to worry about Trump not packing the house despite the size of the house. How sad that people would be so bitter as to get tickets to try to leave empty seats, are they like 8 years old or what? Hey, maybe that is what happens with Hillary that only a handful people show up and then with Bill too.

Wasn't that where Bernie Sanders was once elected mayor? Maybe that has a lot of do with the comments made about Trump? Too many sour grapes out there.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
How sad that people would be so bitter as to get tickets to try to leave empty seats, ....
you've yet to put forward any evidence to support that this has happened.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:59 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,666,729 times
Quote:
this actually blew me away:

Vermont Officials Say Over-Ticketed Trump Event Could Pose Yuge

trump's campaign issued 20,000 tickets and expect 6,500 to attend a venue with a max capacity of 1,400. the majority of the work that i do is in event promotion, i've sat in meetings with city/fire/police officials organizing large events. if i pulled some stunt like this i would be, without a doubt, shut down and chewed a new one immediately. not to mention the bizarre fact that the trump campaign is expecting to screw-over 5,100 of their supporters.
Reminds me of that great ole Political Movie, "Mr Smith Goes to Washington"

Smith, holding to Floor for over a solid day, pleading his case to America, very emotionally looks at the Crowd gathered, and says Somebody will hear me...somebody...." and then passes out on the floor.

Somebody is hearing Mr Trump too.."as he heads to Washington !!

Old 01-07-2016, 12:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,642,013 times
I"m sure the Trump people are hoping for thousands of people lined up outside the packed house screaming to get in. This will get more media coverage than the actual event going on inside. It's all on purpose. Later the Trump people will blame the city of Burlington saying they tried to change the venue but the democrat officials wouldn't let them.
these Trump people are smart.........evil through and through..........but smart.

Damn You Hillary/Obama!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2016, 12:06 PM

22,157 posts, read 19,402,277 times
Quote:
Do you have a link where the Trump campaign said that? This is what I found: Burlington raises concerns over Trump event As you know, Trump has moved rallies twice because the crowds were so much larger than anyone could have anticipated. Right?

I don't think we have to worry about Trump not packing the house despite the size of the house. How sad that people would be so bitter as to get tickets to try to leave empty seats, are they like 8 years old or what? Hey, maybe that is what happens with Hillary that only a handful people show up and then with Bill too.

Wasn't that where Bernie Sanders was once elected mayor? Maybe that has a lot of do with the comments made about Trump? Too many sour grapes out there.
There is no indication that it has happened, lol-its good for you made the claim and offered no proof or evidence to support the claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections