Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 06:55 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Don't get your hopes up. I watched the video and I'm not voting for The Donald.

The video has no connection to reality in that the president has to deal with the Congress, the Supreme Court, and a budget, so what is said in this propaganda flick is just the usual political rhetoric.
Did you notice it's one of the few political ads at this time of the year that doesn't rip another candidate nor is it single issue? What do you remember from it? The illegal aliens climbing over the fence? The stats on illegal immigration? The pan up of the yuge Trump building showing he's capable of getting big things accomplished? The sign for vets over illegals? The crowd scenes: the ones that show the humungous number of people in that Alabama stadium or the close-up ones that show the excited expressions on people's faces. Maybe it's the money being placed in the can of the guy down on his luck or maybe it's Trump with the active military people or Trump with Eric and Ivanka or Trump with his wife and youngest kid? Or perhaps it's the silent thank you at the end?

And the music ain't a bad choice, either. I also like that it's b&w. I really wish he put this one on TV. I think it would be worth the extra cost to show a longer one that's as good as this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 05:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She had to take the case.
Somebody put a gun to her head?

I don't think so.

Quote:
Once she takes it - it is her JOB to win. That IS how our system works and unless you want to overthrow our entire judicial system - best get on board with it. Everyone hates attorneys until THEY need one. And then they want the best.
She didn't have to laugh at the 12-year-old rape victim.

Yeah, Hillary is SO principled, and SO cares about women's issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Don't get your hopes up. I watched the video and I'm not voting for The Donald. The video has no connection to reality in that the president has to deal with the Congress, the Supreme Court, and a budget, so what is said in this propaganda flick is just the usual political rhetoric.
By that logic, there is no reason to vote for anyone for president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections