Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 09:44 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't like Trump, but... I like Hillary even less. If he is the Republican candidate and Hillary the Democrat, he will get my vote. I may be ill for days afterwards.
Same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 09:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,150,718 times
Quote:
I don't like Trump, but... I like Hillary even less. If he is the Republican candidate and Hillary the Democrat, he will get my vote. I may be ill for days afterwards.
Would it make you feel better if Trump runs as an "I"?

If that were to happen because of GOPe antics, the public will become even more outraged and you know what happens then.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:48 PM

998 posts, read 660,803 times
Quote:
Further, 65 percent of Democrats said that the "prestige" of the country would be hurt by his election, as did 19 percent and 29 percent of Republicans and independents, respectively.
And therein lies the problem with Democrats and the current idiot leadership of our country. They care more about what foreigners think about our country than for the country itself.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:56 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
And therein lies the problem with Democrats and the current idiot leadership of our country. They care more about what foreigners think about our country than for the country itself.
That's a lie. ALL I hear from Republicans is that we have 'lost our prestige' on the world stage. That we are not 'leading' the other countries.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Probably for $$ donations that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's a lie. ALL I hear from Republicans is that we have 'lost our prestige' on the world stage. That we are not 'leading' the other countries.
Well the GOPe have done this all by themselves.

TRUMP 2016! - the anti-establishment on both sides future POTUS I hope as I'm cautiously optimistic as anything can happen under the sun.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:04 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The problem with voting for the candidate of the other party is that it is a repudiation for everything you have stood for all your life. That's why people vote party line. Being at odds with the Republican establishment and taking positions that orthodox Republicans never take, makes it much easier to vote for him. After all, he is not a "real" Republican.
Only hard core partisans think this way. And IMO, it's not really thinking. People should vote the candidate, not the political party.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:06 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,441,094 times
But the lefties on MSNBC and CNN are not reporting on this. How can that be?

Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,950,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The problem with voting for the candidate of the other party is that it is a repudiation for everything you have stood for all your life. That's why people vote party line. Being at odds with the Republican establishment and taking positions that orthodox Republicans never take, makes it much easier to vote for him. After all, he is not a "real" Republican.
Trump is not a neocon, which co-opted the party in the late 1970s. Reagan was the last anti-neocon.

Neoconservatism by contrast is Rockefeller Republicanism, progressive Republicanism. Mitt Romney, who attended a Planned Parenthood fundie with Nikki Nichols Gamble, is a neocon. The Bush family is neocon.

"Neo-" is 'new-,' 'improved-,' 'lefty anodyne-.' On record it is Trotskyism brought by Bill Kristol's father, Irving Kristol, into the U.S. in the mid century:

_"From Memoirs of a Trotskyist by Irving Kristol"_
http://www.pbs.org/arguing/nyintelle...krystol_2.html

Last edited by mm4; 01-10-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-10-2016, 11:15 AM

3 posts, read 2,662 times
Default Yep

Quote:
I voted for Mr Obama and will vote for Trump while holding my nose and praying I don't regret it. Will not vote for Hillary but will vote for Bernie. Trump isn't a republican he is an independent running on the GOP ticket.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatchick View Post
I voted for Mr Obama and will vote for Trump while holding my nose and praying I don't regret it. Will not vote for Hillary but will vote for Bernie. Trump isn't a republican he is an independent running on the GOP ticket.
That just about sums it up imo.

We need a change away from the establishment PERIOD otherwise it'll only get worse to vote for/elect an establishment POTUS.

Plainly spoken and simple as it gets.

You don't have to "hold your nose" just vote for Mr. Trump because of what I said above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections