Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,033,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Actually, there are some Dems, who are also voting for him, as they to are just as sick of the establishment as we are....
I havent heard of any Dems proclaiming they will actually vote for the guy, while many Dems like the guy and enjoy his moment in the lime light i believe most Dems believe his nomination as the GOP candidate just assures a win for the Dems.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:23 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,160,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I havent heard of any Dems proclaiming they will actually vote for the guy, while many Dems like the guy and enjoy his moment in the lime light i believe most Dems believe his nomination as the GOP candidate just assures a win for the Dems.
There are some posters who posted here in the elections forum who have said that they and or people they know who are dems who are voting for Mr. Trump.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:23 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,098,560 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but just b/c you haven't heard of any, doesn't mean they haven't....I have, several times, heard several Dems on TV say they are not only voting for him....but changing their registration, b/c they are so sick of the bull....that has been going on in this country....

Old 01-11-2016, 10:30 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,067,098 times
Quote:
Going by Trumps numbers Trump is apparently what the majority of Republicans want.
Mr. Trump has never come close to getting the majority support (yet), as he has only been hovering around 36-39%.

Mick

Old 01-11-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Mr. Trump has never come close to getting the majority support (yet), as he has only been hovering around 36-39%.

Mick
Mick I guess we need to await for the "R" field to thin out to see how good those numbers actually get though polls aren't my gauge.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:37 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,723,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes--thanks, I've read that article. I've also read about the methodology of the poll, which is not terribly credible. I really believe that people who just jump on a poll as proof of anything in politics need to look at the organization that has presented the poll.

On a strictly personal level, I know a lot of Democrats and have yet to talk to one who likes Trump as a candidate. In fact, most really do not like him. I also know (and work with) a number of Republicans. Again, none of them like Trump. In the spirit of transparency, though, I admit we are within 30 miles of Palm Beach, and he is not very popular there (or NYC), which is also an indicator that people who are more familiar with Trump like him much less than those who are fortunate enough not to live in the vicinity of him.

"Mercury Analytics, a technology-driven consumer research and political polling firm based in Washington, D.C. conducted a survey and ad “dial-test” of Trump’s first campaign spot among a national sample of n=916 “likely voters”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...trump-come-on/

Does Donald Trump have Democratic supporters? Not many. - CSMonitor.com]
We will not know what happens until it happens, and I believe that you have not met many that support Trump around Palm Beach. Up until a few months ago I was a small business accountant, and have many small business owners and mid-high income individuals that are former clients and friends on my facebook page and linkedin. I see so many postings in support of Trump that is drives me insane, I am not a fan of any of Clinton, Sanders, or Trump, but it sure looks like it will come down to those 3 at this point. I see the moderates from both parties supporting Trump, the liberals pushing hard for Sanders, and the media pushing Clinton, the hard core right seems to be split among the other million candidates.

Personally this whole election cycle just like the last one for Obama seems to be coming down to sound bites that captures the anger and demand for change, and it does not seem to me that people care what kind of change it is. If people were actually listening to what these people want to do and what they have done than I think there would be a big difference in the people that are front runners at this point.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,873,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
He's showing such an Un-classy side...I wouldn't want to have endure some obnoxious Prez, full of self-centered Hubris..... always bragging how he fixed this, did that..I MEAN, THE MAN HAS BECOME A REPULSIVE "turn-off." Not sure that would be worth the trade off?!!
Bin Laden is dead, GM is alive...

Ooh wait..

I mean seriously, I agree with you, why would we want someone in the Presidency who's actually FIXED something real when we can hear people take credit for crap they had nothing to do with..

Old 01-11-2016, 11:55 AM

1,009 posts, read 704,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
There are some posters who posted here in the elections forum who have said that they and or people they know who are dems who are voting for Mr. Trump.
I am a registered Dem on paper and voting for Mr Trump I have plenty of friends who are from NYC doing the same .

Last edited by shopalcholic; 01-11-2016 at 12:13 PM..

Old 01-11-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I am a regeristerd Dem on paper and voting for Mr Trump I have plenty of friends who are from NYC doing the same .

We just need to try an alternative candidate that's for sure as voting in the establishment status quo candidate for many years now has equaled going backwards imho.

And BTW: I'm registered as "Not Affiliated".

Old 01-11-2016, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,873,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Its very rare to have candidates get a majority at this point, on either side of the aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections