Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL) 14 36.84%
Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) 7 18.42%
Don't Know/Refused 2 5.26%
Third party 15 39.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 08:50 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You mean who would I vote for if the Republican establishment fixed the nominating process and rammed Jeb Bush down the Republican party's throat?

I would vote the rest of the ballot and leave the presidential race unchecked. At some point there has to be a minimum integrity threshhold for candidates before they qualify to be endorsed by me in the voting booth. In this instance, neither would qualify.

So at this point, some Republican establishment hack can be counted on to come along and start with the "well that would give Hillary Clinton the victory," blah, blah, blah.

Not my problem. Let me explain with a hypothetical example.

So we have a hypothetical presidential race with two candidates, Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler (no I am not saying either of our current candidates are like either of these two people). Someone makes the case that you have to vote for Adolph Hitler, because Joe Stalin is far worse and we do not want to be stuck with him, do we? Neither one of these candidates makes the minimum integrity cutoff. If we are going to be ruled by either one of these two, it is going to have to be achieved without my cooperation. I am not participating in a vote between those two individuals, and nobody else should either, in my view.

In our current situation, Hillary Clinton is so remarkably corrupt and dishonest that I hardly need to bother explaining why she does not meet the minimum standards. In the case of Jeb Bush, it would be because of the outrageous corruption of the Republican party to rig the nominating process to make him the nominee, AND Jeb Bush's willing participation in that exercise, which would be a demonstration of how corrupt he personally is as well.

If there is any funny business by the Republican party this time, I and I am sure many others will not support the candidate that is produced as a result of that. Period.
Add me to that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 08:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You mean who would I vote for if the Republican establishment fixed the nominating process and rammed Jeb Bush down the Republican party's throat?

I would vote the rest of the ballot and leave the presidential race unchecked. At some point there has to be a minimum integrity threshhold for candidates before they qualify to be endorsed by me in the voting booth. In this instance, neither would qualify.

So at this point, some Republican establishment hack can be counted on to come along and start with the "well that would give Hillary Clinton the victory," blah, blah, blah.

Not my problem. Let me explain with a hypothetical example.

So we have a hypothetical presidential race with two candidates, Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler (no I am not saying either of our current candidates are like either of these two people). Someone makes the case that you have to vote for Adolph Hitler, because Joe Stalin is far worse and we do not want to be stuck with him, do we? Neither one of these candidates makes the minimum integrity cutoff. If we are going to be ruled by either one of these two, it is going to have to be achieved without my cooperation. I am not participating in a vote between those two individuals, and nobody else should either, in my view.

In our current situation, Hillary Clinton is so remarkably corrupt and dishonest that I hardly need to bother explaining why she does not meet the minimum standards. In the case of Jeb Bush, it would be because of the outrageous corruption of the Republican party to rig the nominating process to make him the nominee, AND Jeb Bush's willing participation in that exercise, which would be a demonstration of how corrupt he personally is as well.

If there is any funny business by the Republican party this time, I and I am sure many others will not support the candidate that is produced as a result of that. Period.

I'll second that too!!!

Old 01-10-2016, 09:45 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Good grief. Is the GOP hell bent on killing the Republic to install a monarchy with a THIRD Bush?

Old 01-10-2016, 09:50 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Good grief. Is the GOP hell bent on killing the Republic to install a monarchy with a THIRD Bush?
Good grief, is the DNC hell bent on killing the Republic to install a third Clinton term?

P.S. Us Republicans aren't going to nominate Bush, but you Democrats will nominate Clinton.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:18 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I'd vote Bush and I don't like him. I just hate Hillary more.
Agreed. If there is not another candidate on the ballot that I would even think could handle the job, I agree with voting for Bush over Clinton. I can't stand her.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:09 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Good grief, is the DNC hell bent on killing the Republic to install a third Clinton term?

P.S. Us Republicans aren't going to nominate Bush, but you Democrats will nominate Clinton.
Fact.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:15 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Aren't Clinton and Bush experienced?
Ah, not in a good way. Kitty covers that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
I would vote for an "I" which would be for Donald J Trump in that scenario.
Most likely. I would love to see him "I" and kick the butts of the party nominees. It would open a whole new chapter in American politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Experienced?

There are experienced crooks, shysters, scalawags, liars, morons and those who are just plain experienced at being "word that CD censor won't allow". But because they have this experience doesn't mean I should support them.

Again you should take lesson from this.
Darn it, Kitty. You are always ahead of me in getting to the point!

For those unaware, if you click the number on the survey of people voting, you'll see a list of people that chose each selection, you might find it interesting as I just discovered one of the anti-Trumps sorry choice. Hey, that poster has every reason to be in a bad mood with the % his candidate is bringing in.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
3rd Party, no Jeb for me and not a snowballs chance in hell for Hillary.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
curious why other GOP candidates weren't listed in the poll - but if it came down to Clinton vs most of the GOPers (except a few) I'd go with GOP, Bush included.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
While I totally appreciate hypothetical matchups, this might as well be: Easter Bunny vs. Hillary, or Santa Clause vs. Hillary (Hillary might lose those match-ups, as the Bunny and Santa are very popular). Though Jeb apparently has risen to 12% in NH, so just maybe . . . .

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections