Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a third term for George W. Bush?
Yes 27 14.67%
No 157 85.33%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,535,962 times

Advertisements

I put No, but it really depends on who he would be running against. I would vote for him over Clinton, Obama or McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
Heck no! And I'm a lifelong Republican.

W. has done a good job fighting terrorism. His tax cuts are good but didn't go far enough. All his other domestic policies are a pure disaster.

He has domestic policies?

Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 AM

431 posts, read 2,125,318 times
I'd have to pack my bags and move to Timbuktu.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:11 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
HAHAHA since when did George W Bush ever concern himself with the United States Constitution. That is really fresh.

Yes this is the Globe but a simple Google search will provide more instances of Bush's disregard for the Constitution than grains of sand on a beach. This is not some liberal conspiracy, this is not fantasy, it is the culmination of Dick Cheney's entire career goal in politics since the Nixon administration, to consolidate power into the Executive branch. Bush simply isn't intelligent enough to ponder such ramifications of the change in governmental power balance to act on his own, which is really the point.

Bush challenges hundreds of laws - The Boston Globe
President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

Remember folks, in Bush's own words, he creates his own reality and then challenges the rest of humanity to ponder his whims in an attempt to understand his reasoning.

Bush isn't just a foolish appearing character, he is quite unbalanced and possibly on the verge of mental illness.
The problem is that you can find a lot of inaccurate and false "facts" on Google.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM

58 posts, read 57,400 times
For your information BUSH is RUNNING FOR A THIRD TERM!!

MCCAIN IS BUSH IN COSTUME!!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
I love my country and have never seriously considered living anywhere else. But if Bush were to have another term I would have to immigrate elsewhere.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,642 times
I didn't vote for him the first two times, anyone would have to be a little off to do it again.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 PM

316 posts, read 595,951 times
For those of you who may have listened in to last weeks 60 minutes and the interview with the CIA man who spent months interviewing Sadam Hussain, I would like to point out something that the CIA man said.

"Sadam couldn't understand how Americans can be so foolish to re-elect a president every four years - it takes a life time to develop national leadership skills!"

Now I ask you - is there anybody in the post 9/11 world with the developed leadership skills as our very own President George Bush?

As you might realize, I am not one to lend any credence to Sadam, however - when truth is said, it migt not make any difference where it comes from. Truth is truth.

Besides - all of you in this thread are arguing various thoughts on policy and success. No one had anything to argue against Mr. Bush's integrity and personal Morals.

GWB for 3!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:12 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,856,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Bush, McCain, Clinton, Obama ... what's the difference if Bush stays we can save money on moving cost and extra secret service.

Very true.
As much as I get caught up in politics, I can't help but realize that not much really changes from one administration to the next. Different wars, different economics... my day to day life just stays the same...
Having said that, if Hillary gets elected, we'll go to you-know-where in a little girl's hand basket...

No 3rd terms for anybody. No matter how good, bad, or Roosevelt they are.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post

No one had anything to argue against Mr. Bush's integrity and personal Morals.

GWB for 3!
Deliberatly telling lies that has resulted in thousands and thousands of deaths and untold thosands of life changing injuries...while squandering our nation's wealth in the bargain...to feather the nest of the international corporations that have fattened on the blood and treasure...says it all about Bush's "integrity and personal morals" to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections