Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 07:49 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Someone in another thread offered up Anita Hill as a potential Trump VP.
I typed and cancelled several responses before dissolving into giggles. I. just. couldn't. go. there.
My favorite part was how Ms. Kitty said Joe Biden "persecuted" Anita Hill during the hearing. That makes no sense because Biden, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is a liberal democrat and Democrats were obviously trying to deny confirmation of Thomas, an appointee of Daddy Bush. Republicans and Daddy Bush obviously wanted to confirm him. So, why would Biden attack their own witness against Thomas, namely Anita Hill? BTW, she passed a lie detector test. Thomas refused to take one.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 08:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Thanks! I forgot about Biden's role.
In fact, Joe Biden is probably the one most responsible for insuring that Clarence Thomas got confirmed to the SC.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

But the personalities have to mesh. Trump/Cruz or Trump/Christie . . . . alpha dogs don't work well with other alpha dogs . . . Mr. Trump won't work well with attorneys, like Teddy and Chris (BTW, what kind of parents would name their kid "Chris Christie"? I once knew preppy kids named "Leffert Lefferts" and "William Williams").
Absolutely not a requirement. The Reagans and the Bush family hated each other and Bush ran a particularly nasty campaign against Reagan. Remember "voodoo economics'?

Reagan pulled Bush in because the paring worked from a political perspective, not because he would make a good golf partner.

Likewise I don't think Gore and Clinton cared much for each other.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Trump's word salad of a response to Gov. Haley's address:

""But she’s weak on illegal immigration, and she certainly has no trouble asking me for campaign contributions, ‘cause over the years she’s asked me for a hell of a lot of money in campaign contributions. So, you know, it’s sort of interesting to hear," he continued. "Perhaps, if I weren’t running she’d be in my office asking for money. But now that I’m running, she wants to take a weak side on immigration. I feel very strongly about illegal immigration. She doesn’t, and I think the people in her great state, I love her state, I’m there a lot, and by the way I have a massive lead in South Carolina. We have a massive lead. They’re incredible people, and they feel like I do. Believe me. Because they don’t like what’s happening in our country.â€

Further:

"..."So you know, let’s see what happens. We’ll pick somebody, but we’ll pick somebody who’s very good..."

Donald Trump fires back at Obama and Nikki Haley for taking shots at him - POLITICO

Old 01-13-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
My favorite part was how Ms. Kitty said Joe Biden "persecuted" Anita Hill during the hearing. That makes no sense because Biden, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is a liberal democrat and Democrats were obviously trying to deny confirmation of Thomas, an appointee of Daddy Bush. Republicans and Daddy Bush obviously wanted to confirm him. So, why would Biden attack their own witness against Thomas, namely Anita Hill? BTW, she passed a lie detector test. Thomas refused to take one.
That is because you only see things as a partisan. It clouds your judgment. Furthermore you don't need to refer to me in the 3rd person. If you take issue with something I've said then bring it to me.

In regards to what I said. Alot of women and African Americans saw was a successful Black woman being put through the meat grinder by a bunch of White men headed by Biden who clearly sided with Thomas.

'Anita' Tells of Joe Biden's Forgotten Role in Confirming Clarence Thomas - US News

Old 01-13-2016, 08:33 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Thoughts on a Trump/Nikki Haley Ticket?
As I've posted. Political suicide to side with Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Any tweets by Trumpf about this bimbo Haley?

You know they're coming - nobody slams Mein Trumpf without Twitter retribution.

That's just his style.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a3a_story.html

Told ya. I should be getting rep points up the yin yang for that prediction. LOL.

And then there's this from Witch Coulter.....

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...14640782921728

Old 01-13-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
As I've posted. Political suicide to side with Trump.
LOL. You have been making incorrect predictions about Trump for months.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
That is because you only see things as a partisan. It clouds your judgment. Furthermore you don't need to refer to me in the 3rd person. If you take issue with something I've said then bring it to me.
I couldn't find your post where you mention Anita Hill's persecution (I saw it because someone else quoted you). C'mon, you know I always quote you and respond directly. And then consistently slay you. lol

Quote:
In regards to what I said. Alot of women and African Americans saw was a successful Black woman being put through the meat grinder by a bunch of White men headed by Biden who clearly sided with Thomas.
OK, the article cites two instances where the author is unhappy with Biden. First, he let the Republicans walk all over him when they were trying to impugn her. Second, he said, "You have the benefit of the doubt, Judge" after Thomas accused the Democrats of "high tech lynching".

In sum, he was not an effective chairman and let the Republican inquisitions to go too far without challenge. He also tried to assure Thomas that he will be given a fair shake by the bunch of white folks. That's the takeaway of the article.

How does that translate into "persecution" (your words) of Anita Hill? Maybe "persecution" doesn't mean what you think it means?

Mick

Old 01-13-2016, 08:57 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
I think it would be political suicide for her to associate with Trump. She is younger and she will have her chance.

Although Trump has good ideas sometimes, he is all talk. I'm rich, He's a loser, he's stupid, He's a lightweight.

The guy is a thin skin as it gets. He is a narcissist and for a billionaire very inarticulate.

None of these candidates on either side are good enough.

Cruz : a fake. Not sure why the GOP base are not questioning him as a Canadian Citizen just some months ago. Where are the birthers??

Rubio: pity me I'm the son of a Cuban immigrant

Carson: I'm so sleepy all the time but also did you know Pyramids were built to store grains?

Jeb: He can't even use his last name because he knows why.

Christie: Big talks yet vindictive, the jersey mafia approach

Kaisich: I believe the guy is good but delusional

Paul: Can't get daddy's popularity

Hillary: Establishment and weak on a lot of topics

Bernie: Has good ideas but too left wing on taxes

Oh Fiorina: a fake as well. Massacred HP in her days, yet talk about fiscal responsibility

Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
That is funny ... some of the people on here don't even know she was slamming Trump. Oh well.....
Yeah, it was more a rebuttal to Trump than to Obama. Just goes to show that the establishment Republicans are more comfortable with Obama than Trump. I guess the deal is off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections