Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:45 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times

Advertisements

I came across an article about Cruz attending some "religious" conference and was surprised this was not being discussed in the media so maybe his supporters can clear this up. I am wondering if it is the standard for people of Cruz wear on his sleeve religion, you know, killing gays and that spreading of cow manure? These are scary people. Also, I learned of this yesterday about Cruz's dad thinking his son is anointed one: Ted Cruz's Father Suggested His Son Is 'Anointed' to Bring About 'End Time Transfer of Wealth' | Alternet

Why Is the Media Ignoring Ted Cruz's Embrace of 'Kill the Gays' Pastor?*|*Michelangelo Signorile and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3DzkLsQNUI and also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BWRfOGB2M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 05:13 PM

8,543 posts, read 10,962,618 times
There is an old saying that "you are judged by the company you keep".
I honestly believe any one of the three candidates mentioned in the video would like to see homosexuals put in the ovens just as the Jews were in WWII.

Bob.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Yet you all forgave Obama and his Pastor Wright.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:20 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,279 times
Probably because the issue is only one for those who are bigoted against Christianity and grasp at straws in order to spread their hateful views of Christianity and Christians.

That's the only thing I can think of. No one seemed to care when Obama's pastor held the same views with regard to homosexuality, etc., so I can only reach the conclusion that it has nothing to do with media attention but about your personal issues with Christians and Christianity.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:27 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
The context, under the New Covenant, Paul is speaking to people who are Jewish. The Old Testament was filled with tribal life and issues - kill or be killed. In the Old Testament, God didn't want heathens to kill his people nor infilitrate and change them. Because of man's propensity to do the wrong thing, of course, Israel allowed the heathen nations to come in and ruin what they had with God.

His plan was to restore his people back in relationship with Him. In a nutshell, by the time we get to the end of Revelations, we have ONE tree in Heaven - the Tree of Life, where there is no more evil, evil cannot enter there.

New Testament principle, "death" in the scripture quoted, Romans 1:32, is speaking of "punishment"- punishment from the hand of God, which could be a spiritual death/separation from God or not entering into eternal life.

It is not talking about murdering a person.

Please note there are other actions that are also a cause for punishment:

Romans 1:32

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Paul states in Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

At the end of the day, this is in the Word of God, and so your argument is not with this man in the video, it is with God.

I personally wouldn't present this passage in the manner that he did, but it is in the Word of God.

No Christian in their right mind is going to fight against God with you.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Probably because the issue is only one for those who are bigoted against Christianity and grasp at straws in order to spread their hateful views of Christianity and Christians.

That's the only thing I can think of. No one seemed to care when Obama's pastor held the same views with regard to homosexuality, etc., so I can only reach the conclusion that it has nothing to do with media attention but about your personal issues with Christians and Christianity.
I mean, if Wright wanted to kill the gays; I must have missed it. I can see that Obama is surely not of the same mind and I could never vote for anyone who believed it.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, if Wright wanted to kill the gays; I must have missed it. I can see that Obama is surely not of the same mind and I could never vote for anyone who believed it.
no he just hated all Americans unless they were black and agreed with him!!! As for this post, the whole thing is as planned and over exaggerated . I certainly, as most of you know, do not support Cruz, but I doubt he ever wanted to kill all gays, etc. Too many people believe what they see on videos which we all know can be made and or edited by anyone with much of a brain. This goes for depending too much on social media as well.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I didn't. Per my religion, killing is wrong. That was the sickest conference I have ever heard of. I don't want a POTUS full of hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post

No, I don't know what sect this is but I am not familiar with Christians wanting to kill gays. Never heard that one in any of the 3 churches I attended. Sadly, I must go and apologize to those posting in the Religion forum here that Christians wanted to kill gays because I said that wasn't true just not any that I have heard of. I am more than familiar with the "holier than thou" of the evangelical breed, the used car salesmen of the Christian world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't remember that either. I didn't support Obama though anyway. It has been some time since I voted for a Democrat for POTUS. You can see that if I don't support killing gays, I must be a Democrat Funny! So Democrats are "good" people aren't they. I won't go on.

OK, it's just not me: https://carm.org/should-homosexuals-be-put-to-death and the answer is "No."

This becomes one of those issues where "who will be next" that they will blame for the "end of times". Sorry but I don't think 2 people of the same sex going through a marriage ceremony will bring the "end of times" because they just don't have that much power. Boy, glad I'm not involved in an SSM, too much pressure that my relationship would bring "the end of times". And they say that Trump's supporters are "uneducated".

I truly was horrified to see that Cruz was at and speaking at a conference which, by the brochure, was specifically a anti-gay assembly and then to hear that minister proclaim death for homosexuals/gays. I believe it is a sin and that God will sort that out in the end. Until then, we must defend ourselves and others from nutcases like Cruz. We have that moral obligation to our fellow man despite any sins that they may commit.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
no he just hated all Americans unless they were black and agreed with him!!! As for this post, the whole thing is as planned and over exaggerated . I certainly, as most of you know, do not support Cruz, but I doubt he ever wanted to kill all gays, etc. Too many people believe what they see on videos which we all know can be made and or edited by anyone with much of a brain. This goes for depending too much on social media as well.
What if it would have been Trump there? There would be 20 pages attacking him. When Trump said bull****, that thread had 17 pages the last time I looked.

Cruz was there and Cruz was a speaker. 1700 people registered. Am I too believe that Cruz never looked to see who else was speaking? We all know that he believes that some laws should be disobeyed if it stands in the way of someone's religion even when they have sworn to do the duties of the job. Remember Kim Davis, the loose woman convert?

He is deceitful and I believe deceit is on the death list above also.

The minister was saying killing and I have yet to read where the Bible says that "believers" will be called upon to kill homosexuals. No twisting and no turning makes the Bible say that.

Cruz has started to slip so I suspect this will become a non-issue very soon.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:45 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We will apologize just as soon as you guys make up your mind as to whether Obama is a Christian or Muslim. No, Rev. Wright is not an imam.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections