Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times

Advertisements

Googling what has been updated a week ago, looks like Millennials are preferring Bernie over Hillary. Must be because they see Hillary for what she is: pandering as all heck, warmonger, says one thing and votes another (equality) time and time again, and in Wall Street's pocket. Don't take my word for it, click on the links and educate yourself.

I particularly don't want 8 years of scandal ridden presidency. For the love of everything holy, vote for anyone but Hillary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 08:25 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Googling what has been updated a week ago, looks like Millennials are preferring Bernie over Hillary. Must be because they see Hillary for what she is: pandering as all heck, warmonger, says one thing and votes another (equality) time and time again, and in Wall Street's pocket. Don't take my word for it, click on the links and educate yourself.

I particularly don't want 8 years of scandal ridden presidency. For the love of everything holy, vote for anyone but Hillary!
That would be irrelevant for the general election because they would unite behind Hillary. The reverse of 2008. I just don't see Bernie getting the nomination now . . . but I could be wrong.

Mick

Old 01-11-2016, 08:31 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That would be irrelevant for the general election because they would unite behind Hillary. The reverse of 2008. I just don't see Bernie getting the nomination now . . . but I could be wrong.

Mick
Nobody is uniting behind Hillary. People will unite against her no matter who the candidate.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:32 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
That would be irrelevant for the general election because they would unite behind Hillary.

Mick
They would not, because she can not possibly generate the kind of enthusiasm that Bernie can among the millennials, simply by him not being beholden to the most powerful corporate interests in America that undermine the middle class. He's funding a completely grassroots donated campaign. By the people, for the people. That is real change and that causes great excitement and enthusiasm. The 2014 mid-terms is the result when we get low enthusiasm and excitement. Low voter turnout for the Democrats and Republican landslide victory.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:01 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
I agree, 2 of my millennials don't like her, but they don't like a trump either. Most likely they might not vote.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:14 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post

agreed

I am one of the Millennials who rejects her.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:25 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Millennials aren't excited about any Dem or GOP candidates, except possibly Bernie.
6 Top Reasons Millennials Are Tuning Out GOP Presidential Debates | News One

Old 01-11-2016, 11:33 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times
If you go to downtown Davis, CA, you'll see LOTS of Bernie stickers and posters around... LOL just one elder lady had a Hillary sticker on her car (most others had Bernie stickers on their bicycles)...

Old 01-11-2016, 11:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:

Mick
The only way it would happen is if the polls are underestimating his base and he won the first three states by solid number. Then I think you would see the party abandon her? I'm not sure that is going to happen though.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
The only way it would happen is if the polls are underestimating his base and he won the first three states by solid number. Then I think you would see the party abandon her? I'm not sure that is going to happen though.
The thing with Hillary is I have yet to see any actual support for Hillary, with the way MSM talks you'd think people are out in droves in support of her, but I ONLY see Trump and Bernie stickers. Her support boils down to two talking points

1. She's experienced (Sanders has more elected and public service experience)
2. We need to beat the Republicans (Sanders polls better against GOP frontrunners)

Nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections