Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 06:54 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times

Advertisements

Chelsea Clinton, $10M Apartment, $3M Wedding, $600K Job: I Just Don't Care About Money - Fox Nation

Well, she's a liar like her parents. Take away mommy and dads money they get from governments and see how she makes out on 38k a year 😂😂 liberals should be outraged!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 07:43 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Chelsea Clinton, $10M Apartment, $3M Wedding, $600K Job: I Just Don't Care About Money - Fox Nation

Well, she's a liar like her parents. Take away mommy and dads money they get from governments and see how she makes out on 38k a year 😂😂 liberals should be outraged!
Not only that her husband's hedge fund lost more than half the money. I believe he sent out a letter said he made the wrong bet. I'm afraid this family is full of corruption.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Not really, but I doubt she was forced to either. More like "I wanna help, what do you want me to do?"

Still shaking my head over this entire incident.

Most Ds (80% last I saw) *do* want to see all the current separate medical programs dismantled and rolled into one. So why did Clinton attack Sanders for wanting what most Ds want? It's very hard to see a sensible political strategy here...

Why didn't Clinton talk about financing a universal program instead? So far, that's Sanders' weak spot.
I know, I never thought I'd see Hillary Clinton argue against universal health care. This is, indeed, a strange election cycle.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:05 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why wouldn't we want single payer over the mess that's called Obamacare?
You do know that Obama wanted a single payer system but republicans didn't.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You do know that Obama wanted a single payer system but republicans didn't.
No he didn't....well, it's hard to say as you can't really believe much of what he says but he continued to say all during his campaign that he was not going to institute single payer. If he had wanted it, Obamacare still passed without a single (R) vote and if it was as simple as that, single payer could have been done the same way.

Obama's Approach: Private and Public Group Insurance with Consumer Protections and Income-Based Subsidies. Senator Obama has proposed a plan for universal coverage that would build on the current system of mixed private and public group insurance. Some of its features are similar to the universal coverage law now being implemented in Massachusetts. All employers, other than small businesses, would be required to offer health insurance to their employees or contribute to the cost. Eligibility for Medicaid and SCHIP would be expanded. Small businesses, self-employed individuals, and people who do not have coverage through their employers, Medicaid, or SCHIP would be able to purchase a plan through a new insurance market called the National Health Insurance Exchange. Through this exchange, people could choose a private plan or a new public plan similar to that offered to federal employees and members of Congress. All insurance carriers would be required to offer plans to all applicants and could not charge premiums based on health status. Small businesses would be eligible for tax credits to offset their premium costs and individuals would be eligible for income-based premium subsidies. Obama has not yet defined the size of eligible small businesses and those not subject to the requirement to offer coverage.

The 2008 Presidential Candidates' Health Reform Proposals: Choices for America - The Commonwealth Fund

One has to get a kick out of Krugman's explanation.

But the big difference is mandates: the Clinton plan requires that everyone have insurance; the Obama plan doesn’t.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/04/op...04krugman.html

Old 01-17-2016, 12:06 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN03q4JYqEY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections