Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:19 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
His vote wouldn't have mattered and it was a non-cloture vote which leaves it open for further debate.

Ted Cruz's primary runoff against Dewhurst was July 31, 2012. He publicly disclosed the margin loan July 9, 2012. It isn't a big deal at all that the loan was not carried forward on his general election documentation. The loan wasn't hidden. It just means that Ted won't be getting reimbursed for it.
How does this work? His wife and he borrow a million dollars between them to run for the senate. They have paid it off long ago. The senate job must pay well. I try and borrow on a used car and they want a lien on my house. He borrows a million and there is no special consideration for him, when his wife works for Goldman. I wonder who it was who examined this case, maybe his brother-in-law. Don't forget he is an outsider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Looks like Cruz is owned by Wall Street and Canada. LOL
This is not what I would expect from a Canadian, much less from someone running to be president of the US. I would hate to think that this erstwhile blivit is nothing but the typical hypocritical politician who would do anything or say anything to further is own ambitious but clearly insane willingness to kiss the butts of his brain dead supporters.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:22 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
In 1997, Michael Wayne Haley was arrested after stealing a calculator from Walmart. This was a crime that merited a maximum two-year prison term. But prosecutors incorrectly applied a habitual offender law. Neither the judge nor the defense lawyer caught the error and Haley was sentenced to 16 years.

Eventually, the mistake came to light and Haley tried to fix it. Ted Cruz was solicitor general of Texas at the time. Instead of just letting Haley go for time served, Cruz took the case to the Supreme Court to keep Haley in prison for the full 16 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/op...cruz.html?_r=0

Seems to me he deserves nothing less than a strict adherence to the letter of the law.

Ahh, an op-ed by David Brooks, the man who was "really impressed with the crease in Obama's pants" and just recently stated that Cruz offers "Dark and Satanic" tones during an interview on PBS last Friday.

David Brooks, a columnist for the NYT. David Brooks, no law degree or legal background.

David Brooks, born in Toronto, Ontario - his father was an American citizen living in CA at the time...

David Brooks, as Ironic as he is MORONIC.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:22 PM

If Cruz can't even file his loan disclosures correctly then how will he be able to manage a much more complicated entity such as the US govt.?

If it was deliberate then maybe he and Hillary will be cellmates.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
How does this work? His wife and he borrow a million dollars between them to run for the senate. They have paid it off long ago. The senate job must pay well. I try and borrow on a used car and they want a lien on my house. He borrows a million and there is no special consideration for him, when his wife works for Goldman. I wonder who it was who examined this case, maybe his brother-in-law. Don't forget he is an outsider.

Sour grapes much? The facts in your story say a lot more about you than they do about Ted and Heidi Cruz.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Sour grapes much? The facts in your story say a lot more about you than they do about Ted and Heidi Cruz.
This will will hurt him in the polls, costing him millions of wasted campaign contributions. The fine is the least of it because his puppet masters Goldman and Citi will pay for it. Your candidate is going down the tubes and I love it.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Looks like Cruz is owned by Wall Street and Canada. LOL
If he had wanted to hide the loan, he wouldn't have disclosed it at all. It was a collateralized loan against assets he held, which is very routine, in the same manner as borrowing against your IRA.

Secondly, being the loans were against his personal assets, what does that tell me? He was out financed 25-1. It tells me that he was so committed to his cause he was willing to risk nearly his entire net worth to win his Senate seat.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:34 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
He borrowed against his investments. Whatever the sum, the interview indicated he had to put up twice as much as he wanted to borrow.

My question concerns his senate race. iF my DH had ambitions and put up everything we owned to run for a political seat, he'd be on the couch or in intensive care. ;-0

They must have a ton of money to risk it that way. Or a lot of ambition. I'm sure she could have made it back. They are young enough.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:37 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
If he had wanted to hide the loan, he wouldn't have disclosed it at all.

Secondly, the loans were against his personal assets. What does that tell me? He was out financed 25-1. It tells me that he was so committed to his cause he was willing to risk nearly his entire net worth to win his Senate seat.
The guy is so smart yet he did not have anyone go over his finances or the required filing's.

Very bad manager. Explains the "Green eggs and Ham" reading in the Senate, 1st. grade reading comprehension.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:38 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
No special loans were granted, so we can plainly see he wasn't given special concessions because of Heidi's job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections