Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 04:32 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Nah. Cruz's comments were the opening salvo of a long, steady rhythmic thumping line of attack against Trump around this specific issue. It does not all need to be "New York City," exactly. But it will all be the elitist coastal left wing liberalism that is far removed from the values that most Americans hold and that Trump has been marinating in literally all of his life. And delightedly so until just very recently. In fact, he was a registered Democrat as recently as 2004.

A one liner was not the way to win this line of attack, although Cruz delivered that, too. This is going to be a steady artillery barrage that will stretch out over the next few months. Expect his SuperPacs to join in the fun on this one. They have largely been sitting on their hands until now. It is not likely they will be anymore.
It's too late for Cruz IMO. You might be right that he can overwhelm Trump with advertising.....but I think that ship has sailed. Cruz got knocked on his AZZ last night & people remember knockouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 04:37 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
It's too late for Cruz IMO. You might be right that he can overwhelm Trump with advertising.....but I think that ship has sailed. Cruz got knocked on his AZZ last night & people remember knockouts.
Trump was booed, not Cruz. More people applauded Cruz when he took a swipe at Maria Bartriomo by saying she didn't know about NY values because she's insular, than when Trump invoked 9/11 as low blow.

Anyone who doesn't see that is running on the emotionally charged media perspective of the debate.

I agree Cruz should've responded back during the debate instead of sheepishly looking down at the ground but people hopefully are smart enough to see the non-issue Trump was bringing up.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:44 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Touche.
So, you are voting for Cruz? I'm confused about where you stand exactly. You posted that you love living in the progressively blue city of Los Angeles and started a thread about the greatness of Obama's income inequality speech. I'm curious, what gives?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:49 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Nah. Cruz's comments were the opening salvo of a long, steady rhythmic thumping line of attack against Trump around this specific issue. It does not all need to be "New York City," exactly. But it will all be the elitist coastal left wing liberalism that is far removed from the values that most Americans hold and that Trump has been marinating in literally all of his life. And delightedly so until just very recently. In fact, he was a registered Democrat as recently as 2004.

A one liner was not the way to win this line of attack, although Cruz delivered that, too. This is going to be a steady artillery barrage that will stretch out over the next few months. Expect his SuperPacs to join in the fun on this one. They have largely been sitting on their hands until now. It is not likely they will be anymore.
I think you are reading waaaay too much into that, looking for something that isn't there. Cruz doesn't have the intellect to pull something like that off. He doesn't impress me as someone who could put that much forethought into anything. I think it's more of a sign that he's beginning to sink. He f****ed up and tried to backpedal. But as is the case with your statement, it's just my opinion. At this point the whole thing is more of a dog and pony show anyway. All that's missing is the popcorn machine.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, you are voting for Cruz? I'm confused about where you stand exactly. You posted that you love living in the progressively blue city of Los Angeles and started a thread about the greatness of Obama's income inequality speech. I'm curious, what gives?
I just hate the whole political circus and hate seeing emotion triumph over facts. Cruz was dealt a low blow by Trump who used a national tragedy for emotional appeal and political gain. It was disgusting. He knew that is not what Cruz meant and took it down a rabbit hole. Now the media whistled the same tune and you have low brow immature crap like the NY Daily News, which was already a rag anyways, showcasing Lady Liberty giving Cruz the finger and telling him to drop dead.

I had no dog in this fight between Trump and Cruz but what I saw was BEYOND dirty.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I think you are reading waaaay too much into that, looking for something that isn't there. Cruz doesn't have the intellect to pull something like that off. He doesn't impress me as someone who could put that much forethought into anything. I think it's more of a sign that he's beginning to sink. He f****ed up and tried to backpedal. But as is the case with your statement, it's just my opinion. At this point the whole thing is more of a dog and pony show anyway. All that's missing is the popcorn machine.
Nope Politico is reporting on this too. It looks like Cruz's lack of a response to Trumps jab was planned. Cruz isn't back peddling. Seriously, are people that easily swayed by someone invoking 9/11? Is it that easy to curry favor with people? Trump waxed on about being at the scene, which we all know he wasn't. Get a clue people.

Iowa Caucuses 2016: Ted Cruz shifts into anti-Trump phase as Iowa race tightens - POLITICO

Old 01-15-2016, 04:52 PM

991 posts, read 629,093 times
New York City and Values ought not to be used in the same sentence!

Old 01-15-2016, 05:06 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
New York City and Values ought not to be used in the same sentence!
There's that. And we've been sitting around at work today wondering what the hell people are talking about when they go on about NY values.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
There's that. And we've been sitting around at work today wondering what the hell people are talking about when they go on about NY values.
and what did you and your group come up with?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Cruz explained it in the debate when asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections