Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 01:52 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Please stop making entirely FALSE statements. I watched the debate. I watched Cruz get BOOED by the crowd; I watched Trump get Cheered.

I am simply telling you how I BELIEVE it came across to the viewers and most people agree with me.

PERSONALLY, I think they are both lying hypocrites and I assure it matters not one whit to me who won that clown show known as the Republican Debate.

YOU don't like what other people have to say so you attack them personally.

Your boy Cruz won't be the nominee because not one Democrat or Independent will vote for him.
No clearly you didn't watch the debate otherwise you'd know Cruz didn't get booed for his NY values statement in fact he was cheered to boisterous applause when Maria Bartriomo asked to clarify what he meant and he said that you're from NYC so you don't know but someone from SC would. That applause alone was LOUDER than when Trump made his cheap emotional appeal by using 9/11 and evading Cruz's accusation against him.

Watch it again or for the first time because clearly you didn't. Stop lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Even if Cruz made the distinction in his actual statement when asked to clarify? Because right now you're just looking like someone who just bought into the emotional drivel Trump spewed and the subsequent media hysteria. There is no difference in talking about NYC values than the same talk about Hollywood or SF values. It's the same rhetoric. Even if you don't agree with it, it's the context of the exchange that the media pundits missed and clearly so did you.
I know the context of the exchange, I didnt miss anything. Cruz was wrong to make the claim that Cruz isnt really an American.

But again, that doesnt change what Cruz said; And no, they usually do NOT call it values, most of the conservatives who attack the major metro areas do so by attacking the politicians who run it, not the people themselves, and that is where Cruz screwed up. He attacked the people and their morality.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:57 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I Agree with you. Trump using Cheap Explortation tactic, he learned so well, to slander his enemy.

I promise you....these Low Down tactics by Trump, can easily backfire on him. A Ton of voters are carefully evaluating MR. Trump's malicious conduct. I know I am

Yeah, I believe Trump would be a major asset ...on many fronts, as the next President.

But, the Dark side of Trump, showing up Much. Now, is obscene and repulsive....and I don't want Anymore of that lack of Statesmanship....in the White House.

I KNOW I am not alone, in my position on this !!!

Trump has Tweeted about 10 of these type tweets in the last 3 hours. That's obsessive.

@RealDonaldTrump Tweet BELOW

"Ted Cruz said he "didn't know" that he was a Canadian Citizen. He also FORGOT to file his Goldman Sachs Million $ loan papers.Not believable "
Trump is a bully. He has attacked other candidates on a personal level. Why? Because he can't legitimately on policy. Whoever has said something against him or whoever he saw as a threat to his lead was immediately in his vulgar juvenile crosshairs. Maybe he has finally met his match, Cruz doesn't even pretend to be sensitive. Remember this is the guy who looked some sweet, soft spoken illegal immigrant in the eye and politely, but bluntly, said he would send her packing and why. I'm actually starting to be swayed Cruz's way, even though I don't particularly like him. The man is no intellectual, emotional, or political weakling. Maybe he is who we need. The only thing this current tussle with Trump is proving is that one of Cruz's strengths is an ability to set emotion aside to get the job done.

Trump the Bully Hits a Wall - POLITICO Magazine

Old 01-16-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I know the context of the exchange, I didnt miss anything. Cruz was wrong to make the claim that Cruz isnt really an American.

But again, that doesnt change what Cruz said; And no, they usually do NOT call it values, most of the conservatives who attack the major metro areas do so by attacking the politicians who run it, not the people themselves, and that is where Cruz screwed up. He attacked the people and their morality.
Another guy who didn't watch or simply didn't understand the exchange. Let me help you, ok:

Cruz said; there are many wonderful average people in the state of NY but the POLITICS coming out of NYC are socially liberal. Not a lot of conservatives come out of MANHATTAN.

That's pretty much an EXACT quote. Had you been following the exchange correctly you'd know that in context it was about Trump claiming to be this right wing guy all over the country when he fits the mold of the NY liberal elite. It was calling him out for posing. That's it. Plain and simple.

Go back and watch it again only this time turn off the emotions and try to reason it out. I'll wait.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,478 times
I kinda feel bad for the GOP, before Trump guys like Rafael could hide their allegiances to their wall st amnesty supporting open border billionaire donors by running on the 3 Gs to fool their "conservative" voters. Trump is destroying that for their puppeteers.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
I kinda feel bad for the GOP, before Trump guys like Rafael could hide their allegiances to their wall st amnesty supporting open border billionaire donors by running on the 3 Gs to fool their "conservative" voters. Trump is destroying that for their puppeteers.
Even if so I think the issue still stands that trump is not only posing as a right wing guy to curry votes but he's stoop as low as to invoke 9/11 to evade the accusation.,

Old 01-16-2016, 02:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Another guy who didn't watch or simply didn't understand the exchange. Let me help you, ok:

Cruz said; there are many wonderful average people in the state of NY but the POLITICS coming out of NYC are socially liberal. Not a lot of conservatives come out of MANHATTAN.

That's pretty much an EXACT quote. Had you been following the exchange correctly you'd know that in context it was about Trump claiming to be this right wing guy all over the country when he fits the mold of the NY liberal elite. It was calling him out for posing. That's it. Plain and simple.

Go back and watch it again only this time turn off the emotions and try to reason it out. I'll wait.
How about I just post the transcript, because that obviously isnt an exact quote, it isnt even close. I have no idea what debate you watched.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...what-it-meant/

So you want to try that post again ????

Further more, in the context of the debate, the question was posed to Cruz to define NY Values, not about him vs Trump in and of itself. You are making yourself look bad by lying on multiple levels.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:20 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Ah, no. If he is so into the Constitution and the law, why does he not understand that the other cases where eligibility was questioned do not apply to him? He didn't even understand why Trump was a natural born citizen. He should have been having this discussion: The debate over whether Ted Cruz is eligible to be president, explained - Vox

Most people haven't taken a close look at Cruz and his "religion": Don't Be Fooled by This 'Religious Liberty' Conference | Advocate.com and check the vision of the conference: https://freedom2015.org/ Note: "5. Directing........our leaders bow the knee to the King of Kings." I have no idea what they mean by "directing". Again, this is where the minister was talking about killing gays. These nut cases think their god may call on them to kill gays. The jerk was "inciting" violence.

He is religious fanatic: Republican Religious Fanatics Pose A Much Bigger Threat To Our Country Than ISIS His father preaches that he is one of the "anointed" ones: Ted Cruz's Father Suggested His Son Is 'Anointed' to Bring About 'End Time Transfer of Wealth' | Alternet and lastly: Ted Cruz's Father Suggested His Son Is 'Anointed' to Bring About 'End Time Transfer of Wealth' | Alternet Old Ted forgot the Constitution applies to everyone whether they are a Christian or not and used deceitfulness to promote himself and that makes him nothing but a religious hypocrite: What Ted Cruz Really Means by "Religious Liberty" | Houston Press

This following having to do with "chosen" one is nothing but insane and scary: Iowa Republican Declares Ted Cruz Has Been Ordained By God To Be President « especially since we saw that minister inciting death to gays.

And, he stands with Israel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DELBiU4Hl7c

I don't agree with SSM from a religious standpoint but we are talking about from a governmental standpoint.
Cruz is a religious fanatic. He doesn't have a chance at the nomination and from the minute most realized he was a fanatic, he had no chance.

I could tell there was something there and googled "Creepy Cruz" only to learn that there was others feeling this "creepiness".

Everyone should be aware here by now what he is. God will deal with him and not as an "anointed" one. Inasmuch as God frowns on homosexuality, he also frowns on deceitfulness.

Went back to catch up on comments and I could not believe that people were stooping to accuse Trump of using 9/11. The people of that city were remarkable during the horrible aftermath of that attack. I have never been to NYC but my friend says it is wonderful and she is hard core Christian.

So, Cruz is just the victim? Oh, good grief, give me a break. Cruz has his nose so far in the air that his whole face looks distorted!
Using left wing sources to support your views only weakens your argument. FWIW, What is wrong with supporting Israel? That country has been an ally until Obama came along. But carry on with your bad self

Old 01-16-2016, 05:23 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Traditional social conservative not just republicans? Cus that what he meant and the record of the people elected in NYC says that they're a such a minority they don't register or they're not really socially conservative. That's what he was getting at. Real conservatives don't try to ban 32 oz soda.

All this shows is that emotional appeals will trump (no pun intended) facts in this political circus.
Who said anything about republicans, there are many socially conservative people in NYC, the problem is the political system is so corrupt that socially liberal people almost always win.

If back in 11 (when same sex "marriage" passed the legislature) there would have been a referendum I think it would have failed in NYC.

NYC is probably the most gerrymandered city in the country on most levels of government for at least 30 years.

Michael Bloomberg is not who I was referring to when I said that. In fact by the end of his illegal 3rd term I can only think of a few people who actually liked Bloomberg.

BTW I will not vote for Trump because he's really a liberal.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:27 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz shook the hornets nest with his NYC values comment. That spurred the Donald to invoke 9/11 and then things got emotional. I don't know what to think because in the end Cruz is technically right, not a lot of conservatives come out of Manhattan and time and time again the politicians keep insisting their city is fundamentally liberal. Even past Mayors like Bloomberg and Guliani who were republican mayors were liberal. And yes everyone knows what NY values are, I don't know why Maria Bartriomo acted all dumb when she asked that to Cruz. Trump has only recently played the part of a right wing candidate and uses the Bible which he can't seem to name a single verse from.

I just think Cruz is going to be put through the meat grinder because he dared take a shot at the great NYC and now he has to deal with the mostly NYC based media.
Whose president does he want to be? Obviously he doesn't care too much about New Yorkers. Who else does he not care about? I am guessing he would be a president just for conservatives, and the hell with the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections