Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 01:03 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I think Trump will win the primary, then lose the state to Hillary in the election.

Also, my feeling is, if it is not Trump who wins the Republican candidacy, then Clinton will win the general election.
I absolutely agree with you. I do believe that Trump will be the GOP nominee in the general national election but Hillary will win the state of Florida.

People seem to forget the changing demographics in our state too for the past decade where President Obama won Florida twice. The only Southern state to do so.

Florida has 1 Million more plus registered Democrats than republicans. Florida needs to clean up the "gerrymandering" districts that for some reason we have a majority GOP control in the State Senate who has now passed a "24 Hour Abortion Bill" !

This is "Nuts"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 08:12 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I absolutely agree with you. I do believe that Trump will be the GOP nominee in the general national election but Hillary will win the state of Florida.

People seem to forget the changing demographics in our state too for the past decade where President Obama won Florida twice. The only Southern state to do so.

Florida has 1 Million more plus registered Democrats than republicans. Florida needs to clean up the "gerrymandering" districts that for some reason we have a majority GOP control in the State Senate who has now passed a "24 Hour Abortion Bill" !

This is "Nuts"!
Well, ppl who want free stuff from the gubmint will vote Hillary. iPhones, EBT cards.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:59 AM

506 posts, read 514,830 times
Quote:

This is "Nuts"!
So much of what you said here is flat out Wrong. And I have posted why here before, but I will do it again.

Claim #1: People seem to forget the changing demographics in our state too for the past decade... I am assuming you are not a native. I am assuming this because, otherwise you have known that for most of the existence of Florida, this state has been a solid Democrat state. It has only been in the last 20 years or so, that it has been a Republican state. This would suggest that, Yes, the demographics are changing, but they are changing in favor or Republicans.

Claim #2: Florida has 1 Million more plus registered Democrats than republicans.: Flat out wrong, False, Lie. As of the end of January 2016, Democrats only have 325,806 more registered voters than Republicans. (see reference here: Voter Registration - Yearly - Division of Elections - Florida Department of State ) This is the LOWEST spread its been in 10 years. Democrats in Florida have not had a 1,000,000 registration advantage in 30 years! This state has been steadily shifting Republican for the last 4 decades (in 1980, peak of democrat advantage, the Dems had a 1.65 million voter advantage.)

You sir are wrong. And the libs in this state, are in denial. Get used to the Republican control. Or move out.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:57 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Just as an aside....bigotry and racism aren't seen by most as "values". And in reality, it's not name calling if the shoe fits.
No, they're negative labels applied by liberals to values and perspectives they don't agree with. It's name calling intended to intimidate, marginalize or condemn those who believe in those values. And it's name-calling no matter how you rationalize the behavior.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm all for Trump and Bernie. I think the establishment in both parties have taken the voter for granted.

One thing that has come to surface so far is the Democratic Party is a lot more controlled and corrupt than the Republican Party, which surprises me.

Bernie got around DOUBLE the vote of Clinton in NH, yet Clinton walked away with the same amount of delegates from NH because of their use of super-delegates. There isn't a bigger middle finger the Democratic Party could have given to its voters and makes the system seem very corrupt.

I'm all for Trump or Bernie!
I'd be hardpressed to think that either of the major political parties is more corrupt than the other. IMO it's an exceedingly rare politician that isn't out for his/her own interests, and the mileu in Washington is such that it will corrupt even those with honorable intentions when they first get there. That said, I haven't felt that either party represented me as an ordinary John Q taxpayer, and would consider myself as an Independent voter, but am registered Republican so I can vote in the primaries. I haven't yet decided who I will vote for in the upcoming FL primaries. I favor a non-establishment candidate ( like many other voters, miserably disappointed in those we voted in to reign in the agenda of the current administration), but haven't picked one yet.

But I do find the reactions of those dyed in the wool Democrats ( including several family members) at the way the DNC and other Hillary minions are treating Bernie Sanders amusing. The in-your-face ways the Dem establishment is disregarding the obvious will of their constituents and doing whatever it take to ensure their Queen will get the nomination speaks volumes about their arrogance, lack of integrity, and disregard for the democratic process they tout so loudly. But their behavior is typical of the way they treat their political opponents, they have acted the same way towards their GOP opponents for eons now. It's what they do, and to them, the ends justify the means.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:12 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
So much of what you said here is flat out Wrong. And I have posted why here before, but I will do it again.

Claim #1: People seem to forget the changing demographics in our state too for the past decade... I am assuming you are not a native. I am assuming this because, otherwise you have known that for most of the existence of Florida, this state has been a solid Democrat state. It has only been in the last 20 years or so, that it has been a Republican state. This would suggest that, Yes, the demographics are changing, but they are changing in favor or Republicans.

Claim #2: Florida has 1 Million more plus registered Democrats than republicans.: Flat out wrong, False, Lie. As of the end of January 2016, Democrats only have 325,806 more registered voters than Republicans. (see reference here: Voter Registration - Yearly - Division of Elections - Florida Department of State ) This is the LOWEST spread its been in 10 years. Democrats in Florida have not had a 1,000,000 registration advantage in 30 years! This state has been steadily shifting Republican for the last 4 decades (in 1980, peak of democrat advantage, the Dems had a 1.65 million voter advantage.)

You sir are wrong. And the libs in this state, are in denial. Get used to the Republican control. Or move out.
Your wrong actually because independents are the fastest growing group in the state and several counties like in South Florida and Central Florida Democrats and Indies make up the majority so no its becoming more moderate. Dems did have control of the Florida legislature way back in the early 90s however Florida hasn't consistently voted for a Democrat president so your "analysis" is wrong. Also did you forget Florida is still growing with transplants who are Dems as well as Immigrants. The Miami Dade area had the largest metro population in the state so it had the most influenceback than. However once other areas started to grow it became diluted and also gerrymandering made it unequal.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e45554313.html

http://news.yahoo.com/how-a-surge-in...150912696.html

Old 02-27-2016, 06:59 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:

This is "Nuts"!
Because we r the only state in the south dumb enough to vote him in twice.

Trump is winning easily between him and Rubio, Cruz. We are truly the dumbest state if we vote Hillary in.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
My notion that the Repubs put Trump onto the campaign trail just to make the rest of them look good went belly up some time ago. I wuz wrong. He's capable of winning the Republican nomination, largely because his competitors spend all their time worrying about him or attacking him. That's not a good policy for winning votes.

No matter what outrageous thing Trump says, it slides right off and the media eats it up. He hasn't had to spend any campaign money to get his message out because the media does it for him. For free. His supporters probably don't expect him to actually do the things he's proposed, and he couldn't even if won the presidency. Mexico isn't going to pay for nuthin, much less a wall, and his other wacky ideas can't be put into effect by one person, thank God. He's probably not overly familiar with it, but that pesky thing called the constitution is still in effect too. However, the way that the primary is being run certainly bolsters the axiom that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

So the presidential election may come down to Florida. Again. This could be a catastrophe for the Democrats, since the repups have a sitting governor and a majority in both houses in Tallahassee. Add that to the infamous way that elections have been run here, as well as an unpredictable Republican candidate that everyone has discounted from day one, and you have a real possibility of a Trump presidency.

So how about it? Can Trump carry Florida?
Hard to say, but there is a yuugge Latino/Hispanic population in Florida that his not very fond of him.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:20 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Because we r the only state in the south dumb enough to vote him in twice.

Trump is winning easily between him and Rubio, Cruz. We are truly the dumbest state if we vote Hillary in.
I am so scared if another Democrat gets in. I just don't wan to see our Nation fall behind.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Hard to say, but there is a yuugge Latino/Hispanic population in Florida that his not very fond of him.
And many of them don't like Rubio either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections