Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In Your Opinion, Which Candidate Won the NBC/YouTube Democratic Debate?
Hillary Clinton 10 20.83%
Martin O'Malley 12 25.00%
Bernie Sanders 26 54.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 08:37 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
O Malley keeps talking about what he did in the past and not want he wants to do in the future
I'm more impressed when I hear about a candidate's track record and past achievements. Some of the other candidates both R and D have grandiose ideas, but empty resumes when it comes to relevant accomplishments for heading our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Holy cow, I missed today's debate. Is there a replay of the complete debate (not highlight) now? appreciate in advance!
You can get it on Comcast if you have that service.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Already happening in some LE agencies. Knoxville TN is one:
Knoxville police begin carrying drug overdose antidote | WATE 6 On Your Side
They carry it in Massachusetts too.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It was so dumbed down,repetitive, and silly, I couldn't watch for long.
Did the moderator ever ask how they were planning on paying for all the free healthcare, free college, infrastructure etc etc??
They were all ranting about high percent of AAs in prison and unemployed, but did they have any actual solutions or just throw them more freebies and victimizing platitudes??
They grilled Sanders on it pretty hard.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I really hadn't realized just how utterly clueless the Democrat party has become:

1) All 3 candidates want to make firearms manufacturer's responsible for the acts of criminals. To the best of my knowledge this will be the ONLY industry where this is the case.

No only HC said she supports that.

O'Malley quote, "After the slaughter of the kids in Connecticut, Lester, we brought people together. We did pass in our state comprehensive gun safety legislation. It did have a ban on combat assault weapons, universal background checks. And you know what? We did not interrupt a single person’s hunting season. I’ve never met a self-respecting deer hunter that needed an AR-15 to down a deer. And so, we’re able to actually to do these things."

As HC pointed out, Sanders voted against that legislation, but then when cornered by Clinton backed out of his former position during this debate.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:31 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Default Gun manufacturer liability...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
No only HC said she supports that.

O'Malley quote, "After the slaughter of the kids in Connecticut, Lester, we brought people together. We did pass in our state comprehensive gun safety legislation. It did have a ban on combat assault weapons, universal background checks. And you know what? We did not interrupt a single person’s hunting season. I’ve never met a self-respecting deer hunter that needed an AR-15 to down a deer. And so, we’re able to actually to do these things."

As HC pointed out, Sanders voted against that legislation, but then when cornered by Clinton backed out of his former position during this debate.
I'm no Republican or member of the NRA, but the idea of holding gun makers liable for shootings is a bit much, and not the sort of thing with realistic chance of getting past the House or Senate, but sometimes I think another function of politicians is to bring heat with rhetoric that might force alternative ideas and solutions from those feeling the heat.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, "People don't change because they see the light. They change because they feel the heat."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections