Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 09:31 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,638 times

Advertisements

Hearing quite a growing number of political pundits sensing another Up-set loss for Hillary Clinton as the Democrat Primaries approach.

Only Sapient Replies, Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 09:34 AM

1,676 posts, read 944,964 times
IDK why conservatives would rather see a communist in the White House instead of the hawkish Hillary.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:35 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

sapient: wise or attempting to appear wise.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Hearing quite a growing number of political pundits sensing another Up-set loss for Hillary Clinton as the Democrat Primaries approach.

Only in Iowa and NH. Not enough delegate votes to affect the eventual outcome.
She's still solid everywhere else.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
I'll wait and see until Super Tuesday. Predicting Doom and gloom this early is like predicting the 1968 Democratic nominee. Up until New Hampshire, everyone had LBJ penciled in.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:42 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
At this point I don't see Bernie repeating what Obama did in 2008.

Bernie, unlike Obama does not appear to have support of African Americans. Since they make up such a large portion of the Democrat party now, he won't win the nomination unless large numbers of them migrate to him. Hillary will rack up a huge number of delegates in the South due to her African American firewall. Likewise most of the states in the NE corridor between Boston & DC will go to Hillary.

I also don't see where Bernie appeals to many Hispanic voters. Again, in places where they make up a big portion of the Democrat electorate, Hillary will rack up a huge number of delegates. Think any state on the Mexican border including California, and Texas. I'd also toss Florida into Hillary's camp.

I also don't see where Bernie has much support with Red State Democrats. (what ones are left) This means that Hillary will rack up delegates in flyover country.

Basically I don't see where Bernie has a plan to win unless he can attract more than the most liberal of Democrats. He might win a few states like Oregon, NH, Vermont, Maine, maybe Minnesota, and a few others. But IMO, the race ends for him on Super Tuesday, if not before.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
At this point I don't see Bernie repeating what Obama did in 2008.

Bernie, unlike Obama does not appear to have support of African Americans. Since they make up such a large portion of the Democrat party now, he won't win the nomination unless large numbers of them migrate to him. Hillary will rack up a huge number of delegates in the South due to her African American firewall. Likewise most of the states in the NE corridor between Boston & DC will go to Hillary.

I also don't see where Bernie appeals to many Hispanic voters. Again, in places where they make up a big portion of the Democrat electorate, Hillary will rack up a huge number of delegates. Think any state on the Mexican border including California, Texas, and Florida.

I also don't see where Bernie has much support with Red State Democrats. (what ones are left) This means that Hillary will rack up delegates in flyover country.

Basically I don't see where Bernie has a plan to win unless he can attract more than the most liberal of Democrats. He might win a few states like Oregon, NH, Vermont, Maine, maybe Minnesota, and a few others. But IMO, the race ends for him on Super Tuesday, if not before.
Bernie may not be Obama in 2008 but the Republicans can't offer a Trump or Cruz otherwise they'll have no chance with the independents and moderates. Trump is a Goldwater like quilt of crazies and Trump is far too conservative and obstructionist to win with non conservatives.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
I still see Hillary winning the nomination, though I would prefer it to be Bernie, personally. As others have mentioned, Hillary is just way too popular with minorities, particularly black Americans. I think Bernie will win New Hampshire in the primaries, but other than that, Hillary will sweep up every single primary and caucus otherwise.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:51 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Bernie may not be Obama in 2008 but the Republicans can't offer a Trump or Cruz otherwise they'll have no chance with the independents and moderates. Trump is a Goldwater like quilt of crazies and Trump is far too conservative and obstructionist to win with non conservatives.
Dear. You completely miss the point of the topic. This is about the nomination, not the general election. We are talking about why Bernie won't be nominated. He is no Obama.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Neither Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump are likely to be their parties' nominees.

Instead, look for Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz to face off in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections