Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 06:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

NYC Values - over reaching government. Trump is proving Cruz's point.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:30 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Yes! Of course! But, Cruz wants to put in his own brand of over reaching government.

Edited to add: actually, I should spread the wealth around... all of the candidates want some form of over reach or another. It just depends on if you agree with that particular over reach.

I personally would like to see more food inspectors and better regulation on banks, closing loopholes that allow huge oil companies with massive profits to somehow reduce their tax liability to zero, bridge maintenance and repair, clean air and water, the government getting their nose out of my reproductive decisions... and the list goes on. Others would like the opposite, so feel that the government that I want in those areas is over reach.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 01-18-2016 at 06:38 PM..

Old 01-18-2016, 06:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
First time I agreeing with you lefty lunatics. Students should hear all sides, but too often they are bombarded with leftists only.
No one would ever accuse the people who go to Liberty University of only getting bombarded with leftist anything, much less politic rhetoric.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:34 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
A preacher called in a talk radio I was listening to today and said people say "two Timothy" all the time. No biggie. The thing is people who couldn't tell the Bible from a phone book are all of a sudden offended by Trump saying two.
The issue is why is Trump wrapping himself up in the bible??

Old 01-18-2016, 06:46 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
This is the dumbest story I've seen all year.
Like nobody has ever said the word "two" for 2 Corinthians
instead of "Second Corinthians" before ?
It's the message that counts. This is why people are fed up.
Fed up with the cheezy internet articles, and the banal criticisms.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:53 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Old 01-18-2016, 06:54 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The issue is why is Trump wrapping himself up in the bible??
I agree. Saying he will protect Christianity would have been sufficient. Report from the event on AC360 said students didn't judge him by his faith. They know what they are getting. Another guest said evangelicals come in three groups. The biggest chunk is what he called the "sick and tired" evangelicals. Those who have been used by "conservative" to win elections then abandoned. They are the largest group and are for Trump.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:55 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,384 times
Quote:
A preacher called in a talk radio I was listening to today and said people say "two Timothy" all the time. No biggie. The thing is people who couldn't tell the Bible from a phone book are all of a sudden offended by Trump saying two.
Our reverend has performed hundreds (maybe thousands) of ceremonies, funerals, baptisms, etc. she was 73 when we got married. She accidentally skipped a line in the Lord's Prayer during our marriage ceremony. It doesn't make her a fraud, nor was I upset about it. We just rolled with it and we laughed when we watched the video.
Maybe I have a different point of view than most people on this board because I'm a paid public/motivational speaker that travels nationally.
Until you've been up there speaking to thousands of people without a TelePrompTer it's really easy to critique every misspoken word.
Fact is it's not very Christian to bash the way many here do (that goes for both sides of party lines). You know what they say about those in glass houses.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:59 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
I agree. Saying he will protect Christianity would have been sufficient. Report from the event on AC360 said students didn't judge him by his faith. They know what they are getting. Another guest said evangelicals come in three groups. The biggest chunk is what he called the "sick and tired" evangelicals. Those who have been used by "conservative" to win elections then abandoned. They are the largest group and are for Trump.
The fact he is spewing this Christianity is under attack nonsense is utterly absurd/

Old 01-18-2016, 07:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
Our reverend has performed hundreds (maybe thousands) of ceremonies, funerals, baptisms, etc. she was 73 when we got married. She accidentally skipped a line in the Lord's Prayer during our marriage ceremony. It doesn't make her a fraud, nor was I upset about it. We just rolled with it and we laughed when we watched the video.
Maybe I have a different point of view than most people on this board because I'm a paid public/motivational speaker that travels nationally.
Until you've been up there speaking to thousands of people without a TelePrompTer it's really easy to critique every misspoken word.
Fact is it's not very Christian to bash the way many here do (that goes for both sides of party lines). You know what they say about those in glass houses.
so is it your personal opinion that Trump is as religious as he portrays? you don't think he's pandering to the evangelicals? isn't pandering similar to being politically correct, something Trumpf continuously says he won't be? so in a sense, he's a hypocrite - saying something to get on the good side of potential voters......for political purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections