Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 07:54 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Jeb has failed because of his snarky Democrat-style name calling and personal attacks. Cruz is succeeding because he waited for Trump to attack him first, so he is just responding in self-defense now, and because he is attacking Trump with Trump's own record and is avoiding entirely the rude New York style name calling and personal attacks.
Actually, Cruz started it. He said something during what was supposed to be a closed door meeting that was recorded secretly and leaked to the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 08:15 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Actually, Cruz started it. He said something during what was supposed to be a closed door meeting that was recorded secretly and leaked to the media.
What a punk this Donald Trump is turning out to be.

He was the one that started it in public. And now Trump is coming out belatedly and insisting that he got his little chip knocked off of his thin-skinned shoulder in some unspecified manner in a private meeting, which is apparently his justification for going full A-hole on Cruz, as he clearly has over the last few weeks. Truly unbelievable. And to anyone who really listens to what Donald Trump says, that is what they quickly realize about him, that he is truly unbelievable.

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz has maintained his composure and has responded by informing the public of Trump's past statements and his historical record. Cruz has not responded with the kind of vitriolic, slime-ball name-calling and personal attacks that Trump has towards Cruz.

In fact, Trump is increasingly behaving like a petulant child. Just like another well known narcissist that we all know, Barack Obama.

The close comparisons and the similarities between Donald Trump and Barack Obama just continue to mount.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,287 times
Trump did strike a chord with the American fed up with the direction of the country when it comes to law and order , illegal immigration, terrorist where the democrats are weak. People are angry and rightly so but Trump is too extreme.

Thin skinned, arrogant, egoistic, narcissist, bully, the I'm great, I can't do no wrong, I'm above you all attitude. There is a line between being proud of your achievement and arrogance. He is on the arrogance spectrum. There is nothing down to earth about him.

You can be firm but maintain a good composure without having to name call and brag.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Trump did strike a chord with the American fed up with the direction of the country when it comes to law and order , illegal immigration, terrorist where the democrats are weak. People are angry and rightly so but Trump is too extreme.

Thin skinned, arrogant, egoistic, narcissist, bully, the I'm great, I can't do no wrong, I'm above you all attitude. There is a line between being proud of your achievement and arrogance. He is on the arrogance spectrum. There is nothing down to earth about him.

You can be firm but maintain a good composure without having to name call and brag.
He talks about himself incessantly, more than Barack Obama does even. Listen to him the next time he speaks. He is at least as self absorbed and narcissistic as Barack Obama. See for yourself the next time you get the chance.

Also, if there is a more openly arrogant person in this country right now than Donald Trump, you will have to tell me who that could possibly be, because I really do not know.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:37 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,287 times
Quote:
He talks about himself incessantly. Listen to him the next time he speaks. He is at least as self absorbed and narcissistic as Barack Obama. See for yourself the next time you get the chance.
Oh I see it all the time. Initially, I liked the ideas, but then they are just ideas without any substance on how to achieve these ideas. He has become more pompous and as his poll numbers grew higher, he became less humble and he is showing his true colors.

Like I said, you can disagree with someone without having to name call and talk like a 5 year old to make a point. I'm going to be the greatest President God ever created, really Donald???

The Repubs used to make fun of Obama and the greek columns and god like attitude, how is trump different? Obama is the good nice talker while Trump is the one who talks like a 5 year old. Both of them are on the narcissist level. Elitist I might say.

Sarah Palin said Trump is not an Elitist??? What kind of cheap Chinese crack is she on?

Old 01-22-2016, 08:39 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Trump did strike a chord with the American fed up with the direction of the country when it comes to law and order , illegal immigration, terrorist where the democrats are weak.
Trumpf provided a lot of money in campaign contributions over the last 20-30 yrs to get us to this point.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:53 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Lenin, Idi Amin, Mao, Ayatollah Khomeini, Juan Peron, Osama Ben Laden, Sadam Hussain and the three kooks from North Korea qualify as real leaders.
And yes, Trump worries me. A lot.

it worries me more people putting Trump in the same argument of Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Lenin, Idi Amin, Mao, Ayatollah Khomeini, Juan Peron, Osama Ben Laden, Sadam Hussain and the three kooks from North Korea with no evidence or valid argument to support this.

None of Trump's proposals resembles anything of those leaders......you can agree or disagree with Trump but people loses any legit argument they might have against Trump with those comparisons.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:56 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:

Also, if there is a more openly arrogant person in this country right now than Donald Trump, you will have to tell me who that could possibly be, because I really do not know.

Ted Cruz.....you will find a picture of Cruz in the dictionary under WEASEL.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Ted Cruz.....you will find a picture of Cruz in the dictionary under WEASEL.
You can certainly make the argument that you hate Ted Cruz more than Donald Trump, but you cannot make a credible argument that Ted Cruz is anywhere near as arrogant as Donald Trump.

If all you have to offer are irrational emotional spewings, I will leave that to you. But please do watch Donald Trump the next time you get the chance and take note of how astonishingly self absorbed and narcissistic he clearly presents himself as when he is speaking.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
I certainly hope not.

Go Trump. Win the nomination in a landslide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections