Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 04:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Most people dont stop and listen to "stump speeches"..
you're contradicting yourself.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-19-2016 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 07:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
you're contradicting yourself.
no, no I'm not.. you're just suffering from a lack of comprehension again.

People will watch debates, they DONT stand there and listen to 20 people giving 20 different "stump speeches", looking at every candidates website etc... NO ONE spends that much time deciding who to vote for..

Old 01-19-2016, 07:59 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, the Republicans are ditching the NBC debate. Good. One less debate. They should get rid of a few more but nooooo, instead of leaving us with one less debate, CNN will replace NBC.

"The Republican National Committee has selected CNN as the sponsor of a February GOP debate. The cable network replaces NBC as host, which was removed by the party as the debate's sponsor in the wake of complaints for the way CNBC handled a previous GOP event. "The RNC has awarded the debate to CNN, who will broadcast it on Thursday, February 25 in Houston."

From NBC to CNN: GOP changes debate sponsors

I have nothing against CNN. Just want less debates.
I guess the good news is that it isn't hidden by 2 NFL Playoff Games on a Saturday night!

I also think there are too damn many debates that accomplish almost nothing. But, the Republicans are, at least, putting them in slots where people might actually see them. Unlike the dems who hide

Old 01-22-2016, 07:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Just because you fear debates because you don't want your Donald Trump to be exposed it doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

If you don't like presidential debates, don't watch them. As SIMPLE as THAT! It's still a free country for now where people can still do what they want. Turn off the TV. Period.

I think it is great that those candidates get their chance to express their agendas and get asked tough questions.

It seems like Trumpetts only want to see their Trump in controlled environments where he can end interviews at any time or at rallies where he can ask security to throw out those who disagree with his ideas.
I don't fear debates. I just don't hear anything I don't already know when I watch them. If I don't watch them, I'm in the dark when they are discussed for the next few days. I will have already early voted when this one takes place.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:55 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
The debates benefit 'The Donald', he seems to be doing better each time around. Serves him as a training platform for the big match.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:00 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
This is a calculated move by the RNC to take attention away from Trump and Cruz, especially Trump. NBC freaking loves him and they completely softballed the last debate they hosted. CNN will have Anderson Cooper as a moderator and as the DNC debate showed he will question non-response platitudes and ask actual policy questions. This gives the more establishment candidates a greater voice.

To date, Cooper's Democratic debate has been the most substantive of the bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections