Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 05:03 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
DD 214 shows he spent a tour in Iraq. Driving around Baghdad or the countryside dodging IEDs is enough to cause PTSD. No Combat Action badge because he might have been at a level above Brigade.
I know you don't like the Palins, but I am thankful that you at least defend against this type of slander. I don't even like Sarah Palin that much, but it's for her folksy style more than anything. I've always felt she was mistreated in '08, and respect her for her courage in standing up against it. I'd probably not handle it nearly as well if my kids were constantly slandered like the Palin kids are.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You people call conservatives wingnuts? I just don't understand why there is so much dedication to hating this person and her family. She's not in office! What people have done to her is sickening. I don't blame her kids for being a hot mess. Look at the constant hatred flowing their way.

If I went on and on about Jesse Jackson's son like this, I'd be labeled a hateful racist. And yet, he committed crimes while in office. Joe Biden's son was a coke head and was kicked out of the Navy for it. I seem to recall a few scandals with the Reagan and Bush kids. But never this relentless bullying done to the Palins. It's very offputting.
That is the Alaska newspaper. Alaska has a population of only 700,000 in a state twice the size of Texas. They have a lot of opportunity to get to know each other.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:07 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
According to you, everything speaks for itself. Too bad Palin can't speak for herself in coherent sentences.
Dear, The truth always speaks for itself. And I take note......

You still didn't say who you support.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
DD 214 shows he spent a tour in Iraq. Driving around Baghdad or the countryside dodging IEDs is enough to cause PTSD. No Combat Action badge because he might have been at a level above Brigade.
He didn't drive them around Bagdad. He drove them around the base. Apparently if your mother is governor and on the GOP ticket, your deployment is safer. His stint was while she was running and still governor.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
I guess Trump & Cruz are now in a real "squirmish."

Old 01-20-2016, 05:10 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That is the Alaska newspaper. Alaska has a population of only 700,000 in a state twice the size of Texas. They have a lot of opportunity to get to know each other.
I wasn't just talking about the newspaper. I was talking about the blog posted, started by women against her VP nomination in '08, the horrible stuff in all the evening shows on MSNBC last night, and in this very thread. People are insane about her and her family, and I just don't get why people do that. I dislike people's policies, but I don't ever make it personal.

It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like that. Everyone running for office or in the public eye takes a lot of abuse, but I've never seen anything like the abuse hurled at Sarah Palin and her family.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, The truth always speaks for itself. And I take note......

You still didn't say who you support.
Awww. I love it when you talk like that.

The very second I make up my mind - you will be the first to know.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:20 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I wasn't just talking about the newspaper. I was talking about the blog posted, started by women against her VP nomination in '08, the horrible stuff in all the evening shows on MSNBC last night, and in this very thread. People are insane about her and her family, and I just don't get why people do that. I dislike people's policies, but I don't ever make it personal.

It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like that. Everyone running for office or in the public eye takes a lot of abuse, but I've never seen anything like the abuse hurled at Sarah Palin and her family.
As a native English speaker, I find Palin's attempts at communication both irritating and indicative of an inability to think coherently. A person with that kind of cognitive shortcoming has no business aspiring to a position of leadership on the national level.

Having said that, I agree with your assessment of the hatefulness of many on the left and their endless vulgar insults directed at the Palin family. I find it the height of irony that the voices most loudly raised for tolerance and diversity find it so easy to descend into the gutter when attacking political opponents.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
As a native English speaker, I find Palin's attempts at communication both irritating and indicative of an inability to think coherently. A person with that kind of cognitive shortcoming has no business aspiring to a position of leadership on the national level.

Having said that, I agree with your assessment of the hatefulness of many on the left and their endless vulgar insults directed at the Palin family. I find it the height of irony that the voices most loudly raised for tolerance and diversity find it so easy to descend into the gutter when attacking political opponents.
It's purely in self-defense. Have you taken a gander at the "Bill's hands are shaking' thread? Let's talk about vulgar. I can't even go THAT low.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Awww. I love it when you talk like that.

The very second I make up my mind - you will be the first to know.
Ahh, I thought so.

You throw rocks at those who have taken time to make decision to support a presidential candidate, while you, haven't done such a thing yourself. Quite nice to be sitting in the peanut gallery.

Get back to us when you have done homework to actually pick a candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections