Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 01:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wasn't this guy the one who volunteered to fight for our country? Like a lot of returning vets, he seems to be suffering from PTSD. Do you know the suicide rate of returning vets?

Detailed study confirms high suicide rate among recent veterans - LA Times
Libs love to insult white combat vets and little girls singing patriotic songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
That voice is horrible. High pitched nonsense. This confirms that Trump is not serious. I'm def not prone to conspiracies but I feel even stronger that the Clintons are paying Trump to do this. Otherwise, closer and closer to Idiocracy we march...
Trump needs be paid?

Wow. Mmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Our friends on the left aren't even trying to hide their misogyny on this thread.
I'm surprised that they haven't gotten into the incest thing yet.

That will come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
based on discussion about one single woman, you conclude that? you see redeeming qualities in Palin's word salad cackling speech? you think that criticism of one individual is really directed toward an entire gender? that's a huge stretch.
Word salad, word salad, word salad.

What group besides liberals is so quick to jump on a new cliche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So what is the point of getting on stage with her?

Clearly either he or his advisers believe that she still has some standing somewhere, or is he purposely trying to self-destruct?

Have we circled all the way back to him not being a serious candidate?

Hmm...
He wants to win Iowa and steal Ted Cruz's thunder.

Whatever you think of Palin, she is popular with a lot of conservative and evangelical voters. And there are plenty of those in Iowa, other parts of the Midwest, and the South.

She'll fade into the background as soon as she has served her purpose.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:45 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Sarah Palin you have nerve. Your party started the war in Iraq ,not Obama. Trying to rewrite history? Obama didn't hurt your son dingbat. You did. Quit trying to blame someone else because your kids all have problems. Stay home and try being a mother for a change.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:57 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I doubt that you will see Sarah Palin stumping for Trump all around the country. You probably won't see her at all in NH. She will not be his VP pick should he be the nominee. The Iowa timing is key.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Sarah Palin you have nerve. Your party started the war in Iraq ,not Obama. Trying to rewrite history? Obama didn't hurt your son dingbat. You did. Quit trying to blame someone else because your kids all have problems. Stay home and try being a mother for a change.

I believe Obama's primary goal to his detriment maybe, has been he's concerned about our Soldiers and withdrew them too quickly to get out of both wars (Iraq, Afghanistan) leaving voids/a vacuum for ISIS).

I'm curious that Palin didn't find help for her son if he needed it. Psychiatric care isn't just available at VA hospitals. She could have easily have taken him to a clinic in her home town and paid for it herself (I understand she's wealthy).

Old 01-21-2016, 07:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh, I thought so.

You throw rocks at those who have taken time to make decision to support a presidential candidate, while you, haven't done such a thing yourself. Quite nice to be sitting in the peanut gallery.

Get back to us when you have done homework to actually pick a candidate.
More of your personal attacks.

Many people thoughtfully are taking their time to decide whom to support for President. Respect that.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:38 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I doubt that you will see Sarah Palin stumping for Trump all around the country. You probably won't see her at all in NH. She will not be his VP pick should he be the nominee. The Iowa timing is key.
Exactly. He just wanted to bury Cruz. So far he's gotten more air time and uses the air time to point out some things about Cruz that many were not aware of. We will see how this all plays out.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:41 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listen-up View Post
You are confused on a couple of points. His MOS was infantry enlisted. He would have been eligible for a Combat Infantry Badge if he had been at risk from an IED. No CIB on his DD214 means he didn't even come close. My friends at the American Legion like to gripe that they give them out like candy these days, but Track didn't get one--not even, as you pointed out, a Combat Action Badge. His DD214 just shows the typical campaign ribbons, no "man-badge."

I was an infantry lifer, and earned my CIB and a Bronze Star in Vietnam, serving with the 199th Infantry Brigade in III Corps Tactical Zone, 1969-70.

It's an insult to every man and women in uniform that Sarah Palin would try to blame her son's violent criminal behavior on his military service. And Obama has nothing to do with her family's squalid problems.
Being in the theater of operations driving the streets is hazardous in Iraq and a contribution to our mission.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:00 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Interesting coming from someone who has started more threads about Hillary than probably anybody else on CD about any candidate....
False analogy.

I don't focus exclusively on Hillary topics. I post just as much, if not more about Trump and others.

Get back to us when you do the same.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listen-up View Post
You are confused on a couple of points. His MOS was infantry enlisted. He would have been eligible for a Combat Infantry Badge if he had been at risk from an IED. No CIB on his DD214 means he didn't even come close. My friends at the American Legion like to gripe that they give them out like candy these days, but Track didn't get one--not even, as you pointed out, a Combat Action Badge. His DD214 just shows the typical campaign ribbons, no "man-badge."

I was an infantry lifer, and earned my CIB and a Bronze Star in Vietnam, serving with the 199th Infantry Brigade in III Corps Tactical Zone, 1969-70.

It's an insult to every man and women in uniform that Sarah Palin would try to blame her son's violent criminal behavior on his military service. And Obama has nothing to do with her family's squalid problems.

I hear that Veterans are speaking out on this as well. They did not like ALL being labeled with his abusive tendencies nor did they like it being blamed on the President.

Palin's shelf life is about up. Of course, her PAC now wants money for her travel fees, etc to speak for Trump. In reality, it was just a desperate attempt on her part to remain in the spotlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

I agree. I was surprised she was in Tulsa. She is a horrible speaker and (can't believe I'm saying this) she cheapens Trumps campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
More of your personal attacks.

Many people thoughtfully are taking their time to decide whom to support for President. Respect that.

That poster is like a one-note wonder when demanding to know who you will vote for. Must be part of the Trumpster's campaign package.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:05 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Not so fast.

Actually the Democrats in Congress, including Hillary Clinton, voted en masse for the war in Iraq. They were right there munching on the freedom fries and pouring French wine down the drains with everyone else. They did it because it was the politically popular thing to do.

If this is your criteria for a good candidate then I assume you will be voting for Donald Trump as he was against the war from Day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections