Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:27 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Are we supposed to be impressed?
Yes you are. I know it's not as impressive as Tila Tequila's endorsement (who said she is Hitler's reincarnation) but it is still Aaaaaaamazing!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hal4LmPRB9I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,932 posts, read 22,083,977 times
It is quite possible that this daughter was close enough to her dad to know how he would feel.

I can't believe the bitterness of the anti-Trumps every time Trump gets an endorsement.

If Mother Theresa was alive and endorsed Trump, I suppose they would drag her name through the mud too.

Trump has the votes, and the endorsements are just icing on the cake.

2,013 posts, read 1,428,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
The above posts (except one) after OP are Sour Grapes. Let's just change two words, Donald Trump, and replace them with any of the dim candidates names, as see what happens.

BTW ... did anyone happen to notice the title of the link? And what is really funny is the link to the family. Apparently, they didn't read the part that it was Aissa. Guess she doesn't have the right to free speech either.

El Nox
The right to free speech does not grant her the right to freely speak for the rest of her family.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
The right to free speech does not grant her the right to freely speak for the rest of her family.
I'm unaware of her speaking for the rest of her family.. Can you quote that please?

Old 01-20-2016, 12:55 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm unaware of her speaking for the rest of her family.. Can you quote that please?
Surely you are aware of her saying that if her dad was alive he would be on stage with her giving the endorsement?

From :Trump wins endorsement of John Wayne's daughter | TheHill

Ethan Wayne, the president of John Wayne Enterprises, noted in a statement that Aissa Wayne "acted independently of both organizations and the Wayne family in her endorsement of Donald Trump."

"No one can speak on behalf of John Wayne and neither the family nor the Foundation endorses candidates in his name," he added.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Surely you are aware of her saying that if her dad was alive he would be on stage with her giving the endorsement?
Someone doesnt know the definition of the word "opinion", which she very much is entitled to give.. No one inside the family, nor the foundation, can take that right away.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
John Wayne loved Mexico and the Mexican people. He kept a house there and spent a lot of time in Mexico. There's a REAL good chance he would be appalled by Trump's idiotic remarks about Mexicans. John Wayne didn't have to "assume" some were good people. Unlike Trump....he knew them well and loved spending time with his Mexican friends. Good to see Ethan speaking up and making it clear Aissa speaks only for herself.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:49 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
The above posts (except one) after OP are Sour Grapes. Let's just change two words, Donald Trump, and replace them with any of the dim candidates names, as see what happens.

BTW ... did anyone happen to notice the title of the link? And what is really funny is the link to the family. Apparently, they didn't read the part that it was Aissa. Guess she doesn't have the right to free speech either.

El Nox
It's got nothing to do with Donny, it's all about there so far being no reason(s) given why anyone should really give a rat's patootie what John Wayne's opinion about a politician is.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:50 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump jumps the gun.

John Wayne family shoots holes in Trump endorsement

"I think having a John Wayne and John Wayne family endorsement means a lot because it does mean that strength that you don't see," Trump said.

The Wayne family and its interests were quick to shoot down the remarks.

"John Wayne Enterprises and John Wayne Cancer Foundation wish to state that Aissa Wayne acted independently of both organizations and the Wayne family in her endorsement of Donald Trump," Enterprises president Ethan Wayne, a son of the actor, said in a curt statement.

"No one can speak on behalf of John Wayne and neither the family nor the foundation endorses candidates in his name."

Old 01-20-2016, 07:41 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
I 'm so torn.Just when I thought Sarah Palin,Bob Dole,and John Waynes daughter had cinched the deal for me to support Trump I heard the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty guys supporting Cruz on the radio. I don't know what to do.Does anyone know who Roy Rogers grandchildren are backing??Who would Tom Mix back if he were around today? If only I could get Humphrey Bogarts nephew to weigh in it would be so much easier to decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections