Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times

Advertisements

Hispanic Electoral Tsunami postponed once again due to lack of interest - The Unz Review

at least not in big numbers.

Last edited by MUTGR; 01-19-2016 at 07:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 07:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Good I'm liking them more already. Now if we could just get rid of birthright citizenship and benefits for non-citizens I'd like them even more.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:16 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Keep attacking them, keep insulting them, and keep scapegoating them for our nation's problems and they will show up ... and when they do the results are not going to be pretty for the angry old White men GOP.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Keep attacking them, keep insulting them, and keep scapegoating them for our nation's problems and they will show up ... and when they do the results are not going to be pretty for the angry old White men GOP.

You have it completely backwards. They and their country are invading and attacking us and scapegoating us. Not to mention Mexico has received a lot of our industry. My TV was made in Mexico, my refrigerator and other appliances, much of the automotive etc.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You have it completely backwards. They and their country are invading and attacking us and scapegoating us. Not to mention Mexico has received a lot of our industry. My TV was made in Mexico, my refrigerator and other appliances, much of the automotive etc.
*yawn* "invading us" - get real

Old 01-19-2016, 07:27 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Same old, same old from you.

I'm of Hispanic descent and no one is "insulting" me. Nor is anyone "scapegoating" me either.

It's quite surprising that you are unaware that not all Hispanics are illegals (and yes, illegals, no matter where in the world they are from, are a huge part of "our nation's problems").

As for the Hispanics that are American citizens (both born and naturalized), they aren't a monolith that votes in lockstep with La Raza. In other words, they all don't want open borders and amnesty.

"The angry old white men" thing again from you. You say you are a republican. If you truly are, then you would know that the GOP isn't just made up of "angry old white men".

Old 01-19-2016, 07:32 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
^Excellent link

Politicians on both sides of the aisle start shaking in their boots when the words "the Hispanic vote" are uttered. Funny thing is---Hispanics are only a very small number of the entire voting bloc of Americans. In the long run, the Hispanic vote doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Being of Hispanic descent, any politician who thinks that s/he will get my vote by promising amnesty and open borders, is seriously deluded. If anything, I will vote for the candidate who wants to secure our borders and put an end to illegal immigration.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:40 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
I've been saying for a while now black voter turnout will be far more impacting than hispanic voter turnout will be because the black voting bloc is concentrated in states where battlegrounds set up(Florida, NC, Virginia, Ohio).

If blacks don't turn up to vote, that will give the GOP a chance to win those states.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:41 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Excellent link

Politicians on both sides of the aisle start shaking in their boots when the words "the Hispanic vote" are uttered. Funny thing is---Hispanics are only a very small number of the entire voting bloc of Americans. In the long run, the Hispanic vote doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Being of Hispanic descent, any politician who thinks that s/he will get my vote by promising amnesty and open borders, is seriously deluded. If anything, I will vote for the candidate who wants to secure our borders and put an end to illegal immigration.
I'm leaning towards Trump for that very reason, but my other two favorites of all the GOP candidates are Cruz and Rubio. Go figure.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Don't count on that. I see hispanic community organizers every day where I work canvassing the local hispanic population and making sure they're registered to vote, and just as importantly, they vote D. They are very aggressive and very thorough. They establish contacts, get phone numbers and make sure everyone is signed up for benefits. Even teenagers get benefit cards. Technically, they aren't supposed to be doing this in building, but my boss and the board approve and turn a blind eye. None of them will be voting for the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections