Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 08:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,041,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Pictures or no pictures - hard to win a general election when your unfavorables are so high -
If you ignore the alternative, then that might be true, but I think most people learned to stop ignoring relevant items in elementary school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 08:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,041,412 times
Quote:
He is well aware of this poll...he lives for poll data. This stump speech is usually filled with poll data. But I get it. Only polls showing Trump in a positive light are legit.
you guys cant make up your mind if he's making up poll result, or citing actual poll data...

Old 01-21-2016, 02:16 PM

11,725 posts, read 5,742,563 times
[quote=TigerLily24;42715881]And?

What are the comparable percentages for Trump?

From the OP's link:

"Nearly a third (31%) say Donald Trump would be either a good or great president; 11% say he would be great. Roughly half (52%) think Trump would make a poor or terrible president, with 38% saying he would be terrible. Just 12% think Trump would be an average president."

Gallup has some results that explain the negatives in more detail - key takeaways here:

"More than four in 10 cannot name anything positive about a potential Trump presidency.
Americans are much more likely to mention potentially negative aspects of a Trump presidency than to mention positive aspects -- only 8% say "nothing" when asked about the downsides of such a presidency, with another 9% not having an opinion."

Americans: Best and Worst Things About a Trump Presidency[/

Lily - my response to Buc was due to the overwhelming amt of thread he starts and his continued bashing of Trump. I was saying Trump is not the only one with an unfavorable percentage which Buc always tends to leave out. So don't worry about quoting the article - I read it - but let's put it all out on the table and quit being selective.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,376,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Lily - my response to Buc was due to the overwhelming amt of thread he starts and his continued bashing of Trump.
Six threads this month isn't a lot. Catwoman starts that many in an afternoon against "King Hillary". Get over it. Fair 'n Balanced.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:28 PM

11,725 posts, read 5,742,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think the country has this figured out. I hope he sticks around until the end.

Oooh, ouch. Trump's unfavorable look a whole lot worse in that article. I see you left those out.
Didn't leave anything out - but I guess some of you can't seem to see that what Buc is posting is just half the story - or else you don't want to hear the other half.

If people had half a brain - they wouldn't make such ridiculous comments. And I've posted numerous times - Trump is not my candidate. But people seem to think that if you ask that the whole truth be printed or try to make sure the entire article, video ect is posted correctly that you're a Trump supporter.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:51 PM

998 posts, read 664,421 times
What makes a "great" president in the first place? I think most would agree that a man who reads from a teleprompter with boring monotone delivery, and raises the national debt more in eight years than every single president who preceded him (combined) would be a terrible president, yet the left tells us all the time that Barack Obama is wonderful.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:55 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,229,553 times
Quote:
Voters Skeptical That 2016 Candidates Would Make Good Presidents | Pew Research Center

Donald Trump received the worst marks of any 2016 presidential candidate.
That same majority thought Obama was going to be a great president. They couldn't have been more wrong.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:56 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,376,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
That same majority thought Obama was going to be a great president. They couldn't have been more wrong.
Either way, they still vote and if Trumpf's negatives are high, doubt if Obama's voters will want him in the WH.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM

22,400 posts, read 11,925,339 times
Quote:
Six threads this month isn't a lot. Catwoman starts that many in an afternoon against "King Hillary". Get over it. Fair 'n Balanced.
Who is "catwoman" besides a character in Batman movies?

Old 01-21-2016, 03:48 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,281,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Who is "catwoman" besides a character in Batman movies?
I assume Waldo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections