Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 03:42 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
TRUMP is the GOP "pied piper"! He is delivering the White House to the DEMS !!!

The self implosion is just hilarious to watch!

Now TRUMP supporters are :

Palin
John Rocker
Sheriff Joe Araipo

Yuck!
White nationalists urge support for Donald Trump in Iowa

Old 01-27-2016, 03:47 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
HE DID handle Megyn Kelly. Nobody will watch.
Exactly right.

I can't imagine a more efficient and effective use of very few words. Outstanding post!!

Old 01-27-2016, 03:54 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
It just occurred to me ... the Trump haters keep spewing garbage about Trump being a 'show man'. I will watch Trump's WW program to see the "Really Big Shooo" (Ed's voice for the kids who don't understand). I still believe the viewer numbers will favor Trump ... by a lot. Fox using the same o team of mods is a mistake. But even worse for Fox is all the dims on C-D who claim to hate Fox, will not watch either.

El Nox

Old 01-27-2016, 03:59 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yep....and those still clinging to the old "rules" for candidate behavior and expecting Trump to play by them are being played as well.

Trump has wiped the slate clean of BS that took decades to pile to the sky and it is utterly fascinating to watch. It seems so simple....and yet that which he has already accomplished has been far out of the reach of any other political candidate in our lifetimes.
Trump hasn't "wiped the slate clean of BS" or "accomplished" anything until he actually wins. If he loses, then the Old Guard Establishment types will see that as vindication.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I have watched every single debate since the very first one was televised back on black and white TVs.
Yeah, sure you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've had a theory for awhile that Trump is running to build his brand even more, but never expected to win. Unfortunately, he underestimated the stupidity of a chunk of the American people....
Keep talking.

Americans love being called stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You're right. With less people on stage it's getting harder and harder for Trump to hide the fact that all he's got is one-liners and bragging, no real or workable solutions for the things he claims he will do. Mr. I'll-make-Mexico-build-a-wall can run but he can't hide.
But "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor," "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan", "Isis is the JV team," "There will be no lobbyists in my administration," "We are not red states or blue states, we are the United States" gets your slobbering vote. Hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yup, God Forbid he gets a question about ethanol subsidies and he doesn't have the speech that was written for him to read, or what if he gets another hard question like the nuclear triad and he gives another "Miss South Carolina" response: "I personally believe that US Americans like nuclear, such as the Americas and such like me, but like the Iraqs and such as should not have weapons such as and because."
I see you like to make things up and misquote people.

And by the way, who cares that he didn't know what the nuclear triad meant -- land-based vs. submarine-based vs. aircraft-based nuclear weapons.

I thought you libs were trying to get rid of all our nuclear weapons as well as our defense against nuclear weapons. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I think that CNN should pull on their big boy panties and just not televise trump's event.
Are you kidding. 24 million viewers -- you would pass that up? Talk about (....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He's apparently never outgrown the childish attitude of "If we don't play the game MY way I'll take my ball and go home ." GREAT quality in a POTUS.
Just like Obama blaming the Republicans for everything....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
How a man handles adversity, will tell you a lot about his character.
Just like Obama blaming the Republicans for everything....

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If he can't handle Megyn Kelly, how is he going to handle Xi Jinping and Rouhani?
He doesn't want to waste his time with the blond bimbo. Why should he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Trump is the kind of man who likes to dictate terms and be in control. He is doing it because he can.
Sounds pretty presidential to me.

As opposed to Obama (Middle East falling apart, economy sucks, racial hatred and division, the Boy King using a selfie stick in the Oval Office...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Nationally isn't the issue whether it is primaries or the general election. It is a state-by-state issue. Why don't we pay enough attention to the races in each of the 50 states rather than the nation. The national popular vote don't matter.
Indeed. The swing states are all that matters. There are about twelve of them.

But the talking heads wouldn't have much to talk about if they concentrated on those.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:12 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Is there a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fpSYMvqvE

This isn't all of it, though. He also told him he was a bad reporter.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
But...but.....but..... What's he going to do if she is mean to him?
Why won't Hillary go on Fox to get some hard-ball questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Golf course memberships. You're all a bunch of amateurs.
LOL. Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I predict some very long bathroom breaks for Miss Hillary when that day comes.
I've NEVER seen Hillary or Bill on Fox.

What are you afraid of, Hillary? Bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Donald better grow a pair if he wants to be president.
Billary first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Would Hillary Clinton skip a debate if she didn't like the moderator?

No.

Trump is too delicate to be President.
Hillary won't do a debate moderated by Fox.

So you are obviously WRONG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The last time your tiger opened her mouth Trump quickly dispatched her and her husband to obscurity. You haven't heard a peep from them since. And all it took was 5 tweets.
I know. And just wait until the general election -- assuming Comey doesn't issue a report that accuses her of crimes. A big assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
We'll see how the libs react when he does his own thing like a town hall the same night as the debates and his ratings are higher than Foxes. He did the right thing by sticking to his guns and refusing to take part in another Fox News Megan Kelley show debate. Good for him. His poll numbers will go even higher because of this and the cry baby libs will be whining again.
Exactly.

Nobody wants to watch the bimbo Megyn Kelly when by watching Trump, they can support our veterans.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Trump is smart to skip the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The dude is nutty. What some of you see in him is beyond me.
Not nutty at all. He's being smart.

The Anti-Trump Network: Fox News Money Flows into Open Borders Group - Breitbart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partne...erican_Economy

Murdoch is a scoundrel, and Trump knows it. He isn't going to let the little ankle biter, Megyn Kelly, go after him. That's just being smart. I was told Reagan did it (though I didn't remember), and we know how that turned out. He won BIG.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Chris Matthews reacts to news that Donald Trump will not appear at Thursday's FOX News debate, the last debate before the Iowa caucus.

"Who is going to watch a debate between the two Cuban guys?" Matthews said on Tuesday's edition of MSNBC's Hardball. "Who is going to watch a debate between Rubio, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Who cares? You know they've been fighting in this inter league fight over who is the hawkish guy or whatever. Who is going to watch that?"

Chris Matthews on Debate Without Trump: "Who Is Going To Watch A Debate Between Two Cuban Guys?" | Video | RealClearPolitics

I was watching CNN all night since they covered Trump live talking to the Press and with Sheriff Joe who endorsed Trump. There was this female Republican Strategist on Don Lemon's show, whose name I can't remember this morning (and who needs to learn how to modulate her voice - she sounds like Joy Behar) with Bob Beckel and 2 other guys, one who was a Trump supporter and the other who was a pragmatic lawyer. She said something like "CNN shouldn't cover the Trump event" and they all spontaneously laughed out loud at her in unison.

CNN or any other network is not allowed to cover the event (understandable) so the idea of Trump having an alternate event in the same time slot must have made the CNN business manager do cartwheels.

You all realize of course, that Trump's decision not to do the debate doesn't just hurt Fox News. The other candidates may be dreaming of 20 million eyeballs and ears on them but now may get half that amount listening to what they say. That's the real reason Cruz challenged Trump to a debate. He's got the most to lose. Trump should tell Cruz he's on to him.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 AM

^^^ Yeah, I watched the CNN coverage, too.

The blond woman wouldn't shut up, and kept interrupting.

Just like Megyn Kelly.

I'm glad the other guests laughed at her.

Trump is playing the media like Paganini playing a Stradivarius.

Sorry, libs....

Your fake hero Obama failed miserably, as I knew he would from the very beginning.

You talk about Trump being a joke, a fake, and a demagogue.

No, that's your amateur Boy King in the White House -- who didn't deserve to be elected dog catcher, much less President.

He's on his way out, clutching his undeserved Nobel Peace Prize.

With tail-coat Hillary (too afraid to appear even once on Fox News) following him to the trash heap of history.

Too bad, so sad.

You had your chance.

You blew it.

It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections