Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:21 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,526,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
20 million? LOL

Have you checked the ratings for the last republican debates? I'm sure you have but they don't fit your agenda so you are not bombarding us with your "statistics".

The ratings have dropped dramatically since the second republican debate, and that was while your emotional candidate was still going. Your candidate is not as special as some of you think.
Hmm quick search shows viewer ship for 5th GOP debate in Nevada.
  • CNN Debate Nevada 12/15 - 18.17M viewers (against Monday Night Football too)
I would not call that a dramatic drop from 20M

Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,335,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
My theory is that he is laying the groundwork to drop out of the GOP claiming is has been treated unfairly, run as an independent, and lose.

All on purpose.

He doesn't want this gig, probably never did. Even he can't believe that the idiots that worship him seem to have no limit on how far they'll go to support him.

I really think he doesn't really want to win. Never did. But he caught a lot of wind in his sails and has gained so much momentum that he's getting nervous. No matter how much he tries to sabotage his campaign he gets higher poll returns.

"Sh't, I might actually have to be president and I don't want to work hard every day for the next 4 yrs."

Old 01-27-2016, 08:24 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,443,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Fox will be losing a nice chunk of their market share. CNN has been broadcasting Trump's live rallies, while Fox stays with their regular afternoon, and evening programing.

As an aside, Ted Cruz offered to have a one on one debate, Trump should agree to have a televised debate with Cruz tomorrow night, while the Fox debate airs.
Excellent point, however, that would mean Cruz would dump the debate also. I would really LOVE to see that happen. But alas ... another hope and change moment lost.

El Nox

Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,044,063 times
Trump's response when he learned that Megyn Kelly was going to moderate the next debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

Old 01-27-2016, 08:37 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,443,729 times
Viewership will tell it all. First, whether folks are tired of the debates. Second, whether Trump is/has been the major player in the ratings draw. Third, what the poll numbers indicate after the bell. And the really great thing about it is ... we don't have to wait much longer to find out. I do suspect, however, that debate fatigue will be as much a factor as the Fox spitting contest.

El Nox

Old 01-27-2016, 08:39 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,947,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Trump's already done that in the past, didn't hurt his ratings either then...

Maybe he can debate with Palin at the Veteran's event? I want to see the two on stage together again :*(. Palin can talk about her son and Trump can talk policy?
I'm not saying the way he treated the press will hurt his ratings. I was just surprised that he looked so upset. I guess after knowing so many narcissists in real life I can read their body language very easily.

I'm thinking this was an impulsive decision. It seems like he really hates Megyn Kelly. Trump just acts like the typical narcissist. When they think someone is against them they will do anything to destroy that person even if that means destroying themselves. He has lost all perspective. Instead of concentrating on winning the election he is giving a mediocre journalist way too much attention.

I think his last endorsements suck. Palin, Arpaio yuck. Maybe he is frustrated too. He thought he could get more people to endorse him based on his poll numbers but most people know better than that.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:44 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,950,944 times
Some interesting analysis that I read proposes that by boycotting the debate Trump is declaring that he is the nominee and that there's no reason for him to deal with the has been candidates left on stage. He won't be there, but his presence will still be huge as the other candidates will have to address him since his lead continues to widen.

I don't like him, and think he'll be a disaster of a President, but this is really smart strategy on Trump's part.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:49 AM

1,185 posts, read 802,094 times
If I were Trump, I'd still show up and take it and let the people see how he is treated. That he can rough it when needed.

His followers could care less. He could take a leak on them and they would think it was great.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,882,963 times
As a non Trump supporter I think he made a smart move by not attending, he's 30-40% in the polls, going to the debate could only hurt him, I don't think anything good can come out of the debate for Trump. We're finally seeing some real opposition to his campaign based on Trumps beliefs and Trump won't have to respond to that now. I think Trumps opposition to Kelly is more a smokescreen so he doesn't have to go to the debate, not saying there isn't animosity, but if Trump didn't have such a lead and this debate wasn't so close to Iowa then I bet Trump would be there.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:57 AM

1,185 posts, read 802,094 times
Cruz is milking this pretty good. I will debate Donald one on one. He couldn't just leave that one alone, he had to do it lol

I bet during the debate the candidates will take jabs at Trump and try to show him as unable to deal with tough situations or has an attitude of 'I'm better than all of you'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.