Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

Cruz is desperate,Trump isnt.Absolutely nothing in it for Trump to debate Cruz.
Also no need for Trump to go to this FOX debate and debate a bunch of also rans and low energy politicians,without Trump this FOX debate will be a very low energy event with few people bothering to tune in..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 05:05 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He knows Trump is scared to debate. He wants to expose Trump's flaws.
Was Reagan afraid to debate when he refused one? Was Bush afraid when he refused them?

Bush actually might have been afraid given his horrible speaking skills, but Reagan didn't do it out of fear.

Besides, Trump is getting all the attention he wanted with the media going on and on about him right now.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:05 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Also no need for Trump to go to this FOX debate and debate a bunch of also rans and low energy politicians,without Trump this FOX debate will be a very low energy event with few people bothering to tune in..
I couldn't care less if it's "low energy," I want to hear about their views and policies. I don't want an exciting president, I want a competent one who doesn't quit when the going gets tough.

Is he going to quit on the American people if his approval ratings go down? His currents words and actions indicate he will.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Was Reagan afraid to debate when he refused one? Was Bush afraid when he refused them?

Bush actually might have been afraid given his horrible speaking skills, but Reagan didn't do it out of fear.

Besides, Trump is getting all the attention he wanted with the media going on and on about him right now.
Bush and Reagan didn't do it because they were scared of some moderator, they didn't run around whining and crying. They didn't Twitter nasty, personal comments about said moderator. They at least had some dignity. The man is a wimpy quitter who has the thinnest skin I have ever seen in a politician. And yes, he is a politician, he is running for an elected office.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:30 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:

I remember before the Bush v Gore debate, the pundits were saying Gore was going to beat Bush badly. But that isn't what happened at all. Gore kept sighing and lecturing Bush like a condescending d-bag, and nearly everyone thought Bush won. It goes to show you can be a know-it-all and still not win if you aren't likeable. I feel Cruz is in that category.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Bush and Reagan didn't do it because they were scared of some moderator
The claim "because he is scared" is a strawman argument, and it can be applied to both Reagan and Bush as well as to anyone else.

FOX resorted to insults and taunts which shows they probably should not be playing any part in the election process.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-28-2016 at 06:59 AM..

Old 01-28-2016, 07:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Trump has a lot to gain from debating Cruz one-on-one. 1.5 million dollars for veterans is at stalk if he does it. If he doesn't do it, it just shows Trump really doesn't care as much about veterans as he claims he does. What he should do is match that 1.5 million with his own 1.5 million and all of America would tune into that debate. He won't do it, though, because he doesn't have a command for issues beyond the broad talking points he uses at his rallies. In other words, he's a chicken who is afraid to be exposed.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Bush and Reagan didn't do it because they were scared of some moderator, they didn't run around whining and crying.
The claim "because he is scared" is a strawman argument, and it can be applied to both Reagan and Bush as well as to anyone else.

FOX resorted to insults and taunts which shows they probably should not be playing any part in the election process.
You ignored the "of some moderator" part in your answer. That can not be applied to Reagan or Bush.

Here's whole quote, by the way:
Quote:
Bush and Reagan didn't do it because they were scared of some moderator, they didn't run around whining and crying. They didn't Twitter nasty, personal comments about said moderator. They at least had some dignity. The man is a wimpy quitter who has the thinnest skin I have ever seen in a politician. And yes, he is a politician, he is running for an elected office.
As I said, they weren't undignified in they way they approached it. Neither was Paul. There is a difference between saying "I won't do ABC if XYZ" and "I won't do ABC because MS. T is part of XYZ and she's nasty."

Old 01-28-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
You ignored the "of some moderator" part in your answer. That can not be applied to Reagan or Bush.
How can you apply it to Trump? You claim he is scared, but it is merely your personal opinion. Anyone make the same claim about Bush & Reagan, true or not. Just because you say something, doesn't make it true.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:14 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I thought it was slick move on behalf of Cruz. Either way Cruz wins...if he debates Trump one-on-one or if Trump refuses. If he refuses it will make Trump look like he's afraid to do it and he'll also be a chump for not doing it for the benefit of the veterans he keeps claiming to love so much. Brilliant!
You haven't learned anything from the past 7 months. Keep dreaming. After tonight we'll see how "brilliant" Cruz was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections