Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:45 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times

Advertisements

If Trump is elected President, does anyone think he will work with the Democrats to enact his agenda? Maybe he will need the Democrats more than the Republicans?

Old 01-27-2016, 10:53 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,832 times
He is getting flack for supposedly being to chummy with Dems in his previous life before the race to the presidency. People are wanting the left and right to work together so why isn't his previous contributions, friendships and alliances seen as a GOOD thing

Old 01-27-2016, 10:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
If Trump is elected President, does anyone think he will work with the Democrats to enact his agenda? Maybe he will need the Democrats more than the Republicans?
A lot of his policies actually lean left.. Wait, not even lean left, but far left...

I have a feeling he'll fight with the GOP more than the Democrats..

Old 01-27-2016, 10:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
He is getting flack for supposedly being to chummy with Dems in his previous life before the race to the presidency. People are wanting the left and right to work together so why isn't his previous contributions, friendships and alliances seen as a GOOD thing
Because the ONLY 'compromise' he's ever demonstrated a willingness to go along with is to do things HIS way.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Because he wants to protect the border from illegals, and the left needs the illegals and people living in poverty to win other elections.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because the ONLY 'compromise' he's ever demonstrated a willingness to go along with is to do things HIS way.
Similar to the passing of ACA?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but people are really Stupid....Ron Regan's son, wrote an article about Trump, downing him for his liberal tendencies...
Well, how long ago was that? I was a registered dem, then changed to republican, then back to dem, then back to republican....an educated monkey would or should realize, that our priorities change as we grow older....or they should...in any case....

people, no one man is perfect....and believe me, yes, Trump is a blow hard....but I'd rather take a chance on him in office then Hillary or any other GOP candidate....reason being is, he is a good man at heart....and Obama never said in his campaign speech that he was closing the borders and building a fence. He never said, enough with the PC, and he did promise to fix the economy while laughing all the way to Hawaii, how many times on our dollar?

What I'm saying is, I voted for Obama in his first term, but when he did nothing, but run up our debt, I certainly didn't vote for him in his 2nd term. And, BTW, he is just as much of a narcissistic as Trump is, he is just a tad slicker.....

I don't know if Trump is the answer, what I do know is, I'm voting for him....I'm not fond of the way he attacks people....he lacks refinement, but, in the same, some of your most refined people can be scum....so?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:54 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,115 times
There is a Trump for all seasons. Of course Trump will be a great compromiser. He'll be the greatest in fact! The greatest everything -- he should probably just change his name now to Triumph, and we should change the name of America to Triumphica. Triumph will be such a magnificent president that by the 2040s, well into his sixth administration, we'll be wondering how we ever got along without him.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
There is a Trump for all seasons. Of course Trump will be a great compromiser. He'll be the greatest in fact! The greatest everything -- he should probably just change his name now to Triumph, and we should change the name of America to Triumphica. Triumph will be such a magnificent president that by the 2040s, well into his sixth administration, we'll be wondering how we ever got along without him.
OMG, you are sooo right! Why didn't I see it before? Now that I've gotten my lobotomy, I see it all so clearly.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:24 AM

25,952 posts, read 22,102,658 times
He is a great negotiator. That is what we need. Both Trump and Sanders have a lot on their wish lists and this allows for negotiation and compromise, wiggle room.

Trump understands "give and take" or he would be the success that he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections