Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times

Advertisements

Cruz Has 2 Possible Big Problems Brewing

Indeed he does.

Iowa

New Hampshire

But lets talk reality here. Cruz isn't campaigning for the presidency. He's out for face time and name recognition. After his failed campaign, he'll try to follow the Palin path to punditry and all its riches w/o the hassles of public service. Except he isn't an airhead like Sarah. He'll be more like Pat Buchanan, who used his bogus prez campaign to launch his career as a talking head. It was going well until his rabid antisemitism did him in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan

Last edited by Old Gringo; 01-29-2016 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:31 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,821,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think Cruz was finished when the news came out about him "forgetting": http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/us...2012.html?_r=0 and http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/us...n-in-2012.html

When you are pandering the Christian vote, looking like a liar doesn't sit well.

Many are uncomfortable with the idea that someone born on foreign soil to a family that chose to relocate out of our country would become POTUS. Others that if someone challenges, they may be wasting their vote.

Cruz was too radical when it came to his cult religious believes. He could not stand the test of time. Facts and figures really were never necessary to see that he would drop like a bag of wet sand.

Interesting. YOU know what Christians believe, yet you refer to Southern Baptists as a cult religion that is too radical.

What religion are you? Christian? How did you acquire this in-depth insight into the psyche of THE ENTIRE monolith of people of the Christian faith?

Why do you continue to misrepresent (read: lie, smear, libel) and spread the fallacy that Cruz lied about anything.

There is proof that all necessary and required information was filed with the FEC and has been publicly available since 2012 BEFORE the Senator was elected and has been publicly available since that time. In other words, it is time for you to move on to another smear, cause that one did not have legs.

As to Cruz' ineligibility, that is also a non-starter as the whole other "birther" nonsense proved.

The fact that no one has been able to knock Cruz on his principled stance and his impeccable background really brings the tinfoil mob with their "birther" obsessions and faux outrages of the day.

Sadly, for those folks, their attempts at dissing Cruz by making up stories and pushing lies are so easily batted away.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Cruz Has 2 Possible Big Problems Brewing

Indeed he does.

Iowa

New Hampshire

But lets talk reality here. Cruz isn't campaigning for the presidency. He's out for face time and name recognition. After his failed campaign, he'll try to follow the Palin path to punditry and all its riches w/o the hassles of public service. Except he isn't an airhead like Sarah. He'll be more like Pat Buchanan, who used his bogus prez campaign to launch his career as a talking head. It was going well until his rabid antisemitism did him in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan

I completely disagree. Cruz is a policy wonk. He does not have the desire to be a pundit and has too high of an intellect to waste it on TV.

Cruz is not running to replace Donald Trump. He is running to bring integrity and adult responsibility back to the Oval Office.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:08 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,827,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I completely disagree. Cruz is a policy wonk. He does not have the desire to be a pundit and has too high of an intellect to waste it on TV.

Cruz is not running to replace Donald Trump. He is running to bring integrity and adult responsibility back to the Oval Office.
Well said!

Old 01-29-2016, 10:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Quote:

Let's see how this plays out.

I'm convinced that Cruz is nothing more than a shameless self-promoter.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Let's see how this plays out.

I'm convinced that Cruz is nothing more than a shameless self-promoter.

I think you are confused about what the definition of a shameless self-promoter is. If you look the phrase up in the dictionary, you will see a picture of "The Donald"

Old 01-29-2016, 10:46 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,943,981 times
Quote:
Interesting. YOU know what Christians believe, yet you refer to Southern Baptists as a cult religion that is too radical.

What religion are you? Christian? How did you acquire this in-depth insight into the psyche of THE ENTIRE monolith of people of the Christian faith?

Why do you continue to misrepresent (read: lie, smear, libel) and spread the fallacy that Cruz lied about anything.

There is proof that all necessary and required information was filed with the FEC and has been publicly available since 2012 BEFORE the Senator was elected and has been publicly available since that time. In other words, it is time for you to move on to another smear, cause that one did not have legs.

As to Cruz' ineligibility, that is also a non-starter as the whole other "birther" nonsense proved.

The fact that no one has been able to knock Cruz on his principled stance and his impeccable background really brings the tinfoil mob with their "birther" obsessions and faux outrages of the day.

Sadly, for those folks, their attempts at dissing Cruz by making up stories and pushing lies are so easily batted away.
Cruz is a Dominionist whoes own father and several pastors have called an "anointed one" that will eliminate regulations and bring about a great transfer of wealth that will make way for Christ's return and usher in a "Christian America." And lest you think that I'm making that up...

That's too much even for conservative Southern Baptists.

I personally think that a candidate's religion should not be an issue. But when one's theology centers on breaking down the nation in order to be G*d's personal banker (because He needs one for some reason), and reshape it into a one where you;re religion reigns supreme... Well, you better believe that candidates religion is going to be a problem for a lot of people.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:56 AM

15,472 posts, read 10,396,446 times
The guy is socially awkward, reminds me of Clinton.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:59 AM

25,683 posts, read 21,849,661 times
Quote:

Cruz is not a Southern Baptist, his wife is Southern Baptist. He belongs to a Baptist, mega church. I have friends that are Southern Baptist. My friends do not believe that Cruz is one of the "anointed" ones nor that gays should be killed. As a matter of fact, I don't have any Christian friends or friends that aren't Christian that think that gays should be killed. My friends would stand up against that. These nut cases are trying to bring back the law of the Old Testament. Who the heck believes in that? No one in their right mind!

Ted Cruz Has Nada to Say About Conference Host Who Wants Gays Killed: WATCH - Towleroad Do you need the video of that speech that his fellow religious cult member made?

Article: The Radical Christian Right and the War on Government | OpEdNews

Anyone Who Loves Jesus And The Jews And Supports Ted Cruz As Candidate For President Are Out Of Their Mind - Walid Shoebat

Cults attract the less educated, but they still have enough intelligence to recognize deceit when they see it.

Nut cases like Ted and his dad give Christianity a bad name. You know, I never believed it when I read that Christians would want to kill gays and if not for the candidacy of Ted Cruz, I would never have learned that I was wrong.

When Ted Cruz talks "religious liberties" be afraid, be very afraid. He means only for the domination of his cult faith. http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-dominionism.html

Cult! Dangerous cult!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:12 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,662,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Cruz is not a Southern Baptist, his wife is Southern Baptist. He belongs to a Baptist, mega church. I have friends that are Southern Baptist. My friends do not believe that Cruz is one of the "anointed" ones nor that gays should be killed. As a matter of fact, I don't have any Christian friends or friends that aren't Christian that think that gays should be killed. My friends would stand up against that. These nut cases are trying to bring back the law of the Old Testament. Who the heck believes in that? No one in their right mind!

Ted Cruz Has Nada to Say About Conference Host Who Wants Gays Killed: WATCH - Towleroad Do you need the video of that speech that his fellow religious cult member made?

Article: The Radical Christian Right and the War on Government | OpEdNews

Anyone Who Loves Jesus And The Jews And Supports Ted Cruz As Candidate For President Are Out Of Their Mind - Walid Shoebat

Cults attract the less educated, but they still have enough intelligence to recognize deceit when they see it.

Nut cases like Ted and his dad give Christianity a bad name. You know, I never believed it when I read that Christians would want to kill gays and if not for the candidacy of Ted Cruz, I would never have learned that I was wrong.

When Ted Cruz talks "religious liberties" be afraid, be very afraid. He means only for the domination of his cult faith. What is Christian dominionism?

Cult! Dangerous cult!
Where is the concrete evidence that Cruz is involved personally with that position?

Never seen anything in social media about it. You ever stop and realize....all who claim They are a Christian...may Not be??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections