Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:00 AM

15,503 posts, read 10,459,279 times

Advertisements

"Veterans Group Won't Take Trump Fundraiser Donations"

I don't think they have to worry, their name isn't on the charity list. Geez louise, it's not like they are going to send a check to someone who doesn't want it. Hooray, I see four of mine made it.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/MILI..._MR._TRUMP.pdf

Old 01-29-2016, 10:00 AM

39,074 posts, read 27,497,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Good. More money is left over for other veteran groups. Like everything else veterans groups is politicized. There was this spokesman of some veteran group ranting against Trump who sounded just like Paul Begala. Then we find out he is actually in the Hillary's campaign.
agreed

Not all veterans think the same. Any donation helps. It is not like Trump is looking for veterans endorsement. Even if he is, it is a personal choice for the veterans to support him or not. There is no obligation. Don't know what is the big deal of taking his donation. To each his own.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:12 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,833,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, rieckhoff would rather see vets go without than take money from, not just Trump, but ordinary citizens who want to help the vets. Reickhoff needs to resign. Besides why did he feel that he had to open his yap when Trump's people never even approached him?

Seems that most of the money came from Trump and his inner circle. The funds also were directed to the Trump Foundation, so it seems unclear whether ANY veteran organizations will actually see any of that money.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:15 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,329,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Where was Trump BEFORE he wanted their vote?
Yupp. Same with Fiorina and Cruz each offering $1.5 million if Trump would have a debate with them. They are both offering to donate money to veterans to persuade Trump to have a debate with them. They're trying it to veterans that if Trump declines they can hit him with the whole "you must not care about our troops" because it's now Trumps fault they're not donating the money.

If Fiorina and Cruz want to help veterans and make a donation, just make the donation. Don't make it contingent on the actions/choices of other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They don't want to be used to help elect a man who didn't give a damn about them six months ago, and in fact, considered them a nuisance for trying to make a living on the sidewalk outside his tower. Unlike the cult, they're not idiots.
Exactly! If Trump really wants to help veterans, he should release his comprehensive plan for how he's going to fix the VA system. And I don't mean on Twitter or during an interview or press event. I mean a hard copy written plan.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:20 AM

39,074 posts, read 27,497,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Nearly 3 million members - anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan is familiar with the group and highly likely being represented by them to politicians. Thankfully they want nothing to do with the panderer at this moment in time and refuse to be a pawn in his political gamesmanship.

If I recall, the guy (Trumpf) was against the war and didn't provide much support during Iraq o
ther than to say "I told you so!". Then while in Afghanistan, all we hear is that our CinC is illegitimately in office because he was born in Kenya or some odd place. Talk about being divisive.

Save it Trumpf.

Thanks, but no thanks Donald Jane Fonda Trumpf.
Hey if Fonda wanted to make a donation to my local veteran groups, We will be happy to take her money. Take her money would be the biggest F you. But she will never make the donation, you know it.

Here you have Trump who is willing to make a donation to help the vets. You have problems with that.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:19 AM

22,390 posts, read 11,914,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Seems that most of the money came from Trump and his inner circle. The funds also were directed to the Trump Foundation, so it seems unclear whether ANY veteran organizations will actually see any of that money.
Oh really? How sad that you hate Trump so much that you would even entertain such a vile thought.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:55 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,786,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hey if Fonda wanted to make a donation to my local veteran groups, We will be happy to take her money. Take her money would be the biggest F you. But she will never make the donation, you know it.

Here you have Trump who is willing to make a donation to help the vets. You have problems with that.

I agree. Money talks, and I'd rather see Fonda offer financial support than listen to disingenuous "apologies."

That, of course, will never happen.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,053,399 times
Aren't you cute, using the original spelling of Mr Trumps forbears name. I bet you refer to Mr Clinton as rapist too. Oh, I just noticed the other cutie, Donald Jane.....

You get my vote for intellect of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Nearly 3 million members - anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan is familiar with the group and highly likely being represented by them to politicians. Thankfully they want nothing to do with the panderer at this moment in time and refuse to be a pawn in his political gamesmanship.

If I recall, the guy (Trumpf) was against the war and didn't provide much support during Iraq o
ther than to say "I told you so!". Then while in Afghanistan, all we hear is that our CinC is illegitimately in office because he was born in Kenya or some odd place. Talk about being divisive.

Save it Trumpf.

Thanks, but no thanks Donald Jane Fonda Trumpf.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,647,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, rieckhoff would rather see vets go without than take money from, not just Trump, but ordinary citizens who want to help the vets. Reickhoff needs to resign. Besides why did he feel that he had to open his yap when Trump's people never even approached him?
We don't need or want politicians throwing nickels in a tin cup to make political points(Cut to picture of Trump holding up a 4X8ft poster board check, next to a guy in a wheelchair, with no legs and one arm).
We need Congress to bring the issue to the floor of the house and pass a bill with comprehensive solutions to the broken, sorely underfunded VA Administration.
If congress made 1/10th the effort to take care of vets coming home as they do sending them off to fight and die in strange lands, then we'd have a solution.
We need congress to do their job.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-29-2016 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-29-2016, 01:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,647,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They don't want to be used to help elect a man who didn't give a damn about them six months ago, and in fact, considered them a nuisance for trying to make a living on the sidewalk outside his tower. Unlike the cult, they're not idiots.
we also don't support a candidate for president who considers a Navy pilot, who spent 5, 1/2 years in North Vietnamese captivity, a bum for being shot down by a SA3 missile, the size of a telephone pole. He disses one of our POWs, he disses all vets.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-29-2016 at 01:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.