Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 02:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He shouldn't have broken the rules and flew that low. Actions have consequences.
Ignoring the fact that you obviously know nothing about flying in combat.....more than 1,300 American men were held and tortured by the North Vietnamese. Not all of them were pilots. A number of the men who were pilots were flying aircraft carrying bombs with faulty fuses. Their planes exploded unexpectedly while they were flying mid-air. They were not flying too low. They were not breaking any rules.

Just so you know.

If you think being tortured is a "consequence" for having your aircraft blow up because of bad bomb fuses.....SMH.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-29-2016 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-29-2016, 03:00 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He shouldn't have broken the rules and flew that low. Actions have consequences.
You sir, know absolutely nothing about Air combat maneuvers.

When I directed flights of A6 Intruders over North Vietnam, one of my main functions was to spot the Sams on RADAR as they were being launched by the NVA. As soon as they launched, I would yell "Volcano! Volcano! Volcano!" to the flight I was directing and their evasive tactic was to drop their loads and immediately head for the deck. All the pilots said they looked like flying telephone poles coming up at them on a pillar of fire. The SA3 was a high altitude missile and the best defense was to go as low as you could to throw off their IR and proximity sensors.
When one of the planes got hit, they tried to turn the plane out towards the sea before they bailed. If they made it out to sea, they radioed, "My Feet are wet" and we went in, dodging fire from 8" NVA shore batteries and picked them up. If their feet were dry when they bailed, They were ****ed, until the Jolly Greens came into service. John's feet were dry when he bailed.

Please don't throw out bullcrap about John McCain and his A6 when you know absolutely nothing about it.

Thank you.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:26 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
What BS. It fits that you would s t r e t c h the truth about membership. There are nowhere near that many active members in this organization. Yeah, the estimates range from 2.5 up 2.7 mil having served, but those numbers are totally accurate, as many have served multiple tours in either or both.

Quote:
Since 2008, There Has Been an Increase in the Number of Soldiers Who Have Accumulated Two or More Years of Deployments
Furthermore, there has been a significant increase in the number of soldiers who have spent two or more years (25+ months) cumulatively deployed since October 2001. Between September 2001 and December 2008 (the time period considered in the initial analysis), 69,000 soldiers had spent between 25 and 36 months cumulatively deployed. As of December 2011, in comparison, there were 95,000 soldiers who fit this description. Likewise, in December 2008, there were 9,000 soldiers who had spent more than 36 months deployed. By December 2011, that number had risen dramatically, to about 41,600 soldiers.
http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand...RAND_RR145.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Nearly 3 million members - anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan is familiar with the group and highly likely being represented by them to politicians. Thankfully they want nothing to do with the panderer at this moment in time and refuse to be a pawn in his political gamesmanship.

If I recall, the guy (Trumpf) was against the war and didn't provide much support during Iraq o
ther than to say "I told you so!". Then while in Afghanistan, all we hear is that our CinC is illegitimately in office because he was born in Kenya or some odd place. Talk about being divisive.

Save it Trumpf.

Thanks, but no thanks Donald Jane Fonda Trumpf.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
We don't need or want politicians throwing nickels in a tin cup to make political points(Cut to picture of Trump holding up a 4X8ft poster board check, next to a guy in a wheelchair, with no legs and one arm).
We need Congress to bring the issue to the floor of the house and pass a bill with comprehensive solutions to the broken, sorely underfunded VA Administration.
If congress made 1/10th the effort to take care of vets coming home as they do sending them off to fight and die in strange lands, then we'd have a solution.
We need congress to do their job.
very well stated - agree 110%

Old 01-29-2016, 04:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
we also don't support a candidate for president who considers a Navy pilot, who spent 5, 1/2 years in North Vietnamese captivity, a bum for being shot down by a SA3 missile, the size of a telephone pole. He disses one of our POWs, he disses all vets.
another outstanding post - agree 110%

Old 01-29-2016, 05:07 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx
we also don't support a candidate for president who considers a Navy pilot, who spent 5, 1/2 years in North Vietnamese captivity, a bum for being shot down by a SA3 missile, the size of a telephone pole. He disses one of our POWs, he disses all vets
funny, I didn't hear that when Democrats were trashing Mccain when he ran against Obama in 2008 calling him a war monger crazy old fool that wanted to start WW 3, a liar and incompetent and the list is long.

all of the sudden dissing Mccain is not acceptable when is done by Trump.....LMAO!!

I have to love the hypocrisy of Democrats.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Apparently you all missed the rest of my post about how this isn't personally about Trump. They won't take money from ANY candidate. They are remaining neutral.
Considering Trump is the only one who's attempted to raise money for them, I'd say the other candidates made that choice for them.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
another outstanding post - agree 110%
You always seem to agree with lies..
Quote:
we also don't support a candidate for president who considers a Navy pilot, who spent 5, 1/2 years in North Vietnamese captivity, a bum for being shot down by a SA3 missile, the size of a telephone pole. He disses one of our POWs, he disses all vets.
That isnt what was said.. trust just said he wasnt a "hero".. victims are NOT heros, they are victims..

Old 01-29-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Nearly 3 million members - anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan is familiar with the group and highly likely being represented by them to politicians. Thankfully they want nothing to do with the panderer at this moment in time and refuse to be a pawn in his political gamesmanship.

If I recall, the guy (Trumpf) was against the war and didn't provide much support during Iraq o
ther than to say "I told you so!". Then while in Afghanistan, all we hear is that our CinC is illegitimately in office because he was born in Kenya or some odd place. Talk about being divisive.

Save it Trumpf.

Thanks, but no thanks Donald Jane Fonda Trumpf.
Pretty ironic that you run around bashing Trump for explading and lying about numbers, while you then did it yourself.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
funny, I didn't hear that when Democrats were trashing Mccain when he ran against Obama in 2008 calling him a war monger crazy old fool that wanted to start WW 3, a liar and incompetent and the list is long.

all of the sudden dissing Mccain is not acceptable when is done by Trump.....LMAO!!

I have to love the hypocrisy of Democrats.
Did anyone diss his military service? Or suggest that he was a loser because of his Prisoner of War status?

It's one thing to criticize a candidate but, both sides of the aisle came to his defense when the Trumpster was stupid enough to criticize his military service.

Trump - who thinks that going to a military high school is the same as actually serving our country.

I grew up in a military family; making fun of a POW - is beyond the pale.

You sure do LMAO a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections