Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 12:31 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,250,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
In regard to trump's tweets, I'm reminded of some things my mother said:

'they started it' isn't a defense for bad behavior on your part. Would you jump off a bridge if they were doing it?

Two wrongs don't make a right (assuming that someone else started it and trump was only responding).

If you can't anything nice, don't say anything at all.

(quoting a wise philosopher) Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth...

everything Trump said in his tweets are true!!!!! saying it like it is! that's why he is leading in all the polls!

like Trump said "we can't afford to be nice anymore"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 02:35 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,688,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
everything Trump said in his tweets are true!!!!! saying it like it is! that's why he is leading in all the polls!

like Trump said "we can't afford to be nice anymore"
Perhaps if all the trump tweets were about facts instead of insults, there wouldn't be a list of the disgusting things that trump has tweeted.

Just one topic of his massive tweet insult list: Megyn Kelly asked him about his recorded (in writing and on tape) history of insulting women with whom he had disagreements. That wasn't an insult, it was a question backed up by his own record. Did he respond in a sane manner? Well, no, during the debate he actually muttered that yeah, he said those things. But, then he launched a famous twitter and videotaped attack on her, using some really nasty insults. But, then, if he had simply answered "yes, I will attack those that I feel have wronged me in any way", there wouldn't be a legion of people attacking Kelly alongside of him, and he wouldn't get all that attention.

Or, I could just go ahead and join the people who don't want to be nice any more. I can just see the domestic violence rates exploding... road rage... teachers hitting back when kids attack them... people actually going up to those breast feeding moms and telling them that they should be more discreet... breast feeding moms walking up to people who look uncomfortable and telling them, I don't know what... body shamers being told their own bodies aren't anything to be proud of... speeders shooting cops for stopping them... blowing up Iran just because they had the nerve to stop a foreign boat who was in their waters... telling people who defend themselves with multiple exclamation points that, not only is it grammatically incorrect to do that, they just look like they are probably foaming at the mouth as they type them...

Last edited by kat in aiken; 01-30-2016 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: correct a typo

Old 01-30-2016, 02:57 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
New York Times???? when was the last time they endorsed a Republican Candidate for President??? 1956.

Yeah I'm sure they are real neutral in their reporting.
When was the last time Trump was ever a Republican other than as a matter of convenience and opportunity?

Old 01-30-2016, 07:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times
Nobody has shown Trump's hypocrisy better than Colbert did on Thursday night.

It was very clever and clearly showed that Trump means nothing he says and is willing to say anything if it serves his purpose. It is also one of the funniest political bits ever.

Trump debates himself. Truly must-see tv.

Stephen Colbert hosts a heated debate between Donald Trump and ... Donald Trump - LA Times

Stephen Colbert Moderates All-Trump Debate on 'Late Show' | Rolling Stone

Donald Trump Debates Himself on 'The Late Show' (Video)

Old 01-30-2016, 11:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,335,022 times
Donald Trump's Vulgarity -- 'Anti-PC' Is No Excuse for It

Old 01-30-2016, 11:21 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,250,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nobody has shown Trump's hypocrisy better than Colbert did on Thursday night.

It was very clever and clearly showed that Trump means nothing he says and is willing to say anything if it serves his purpose. It is also one of the funniest political bits ever.

Trump debates himself. Truly must-see tv.

Stephen Colbert hosts a heated debate between Donald Trump and ... Donald Trump - LA Times

Stephen Colbert Moderates All-Trump Debate on 'Late Show' | Rolling Stone

Donald Trump Debates Himself on 'The Late Show' (Video)

that's why Colbert ratings are sinking. He is getting his butt kicked by Fallon and Kimmel.... In November, it even fell behind Seth Meyers who comes on an hour later than him because of his bias liberal politics.

Keep getting your news from Rolling Stones and LA TIMES and Colbert!.....

Old 01-30-2016, 12:59 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
More proof that the cult thinks responding like a middle schooler to every perceived slight is presidential. Showing once again that the cult's mentality is on par with middle schoolers. (And my apologies to those middle schoolers who have a more mature mentality than Trump and his cult, of which I'm sure there are many.)
And you posted this to prove it. That was brilliant Next category Alex please.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times
Quote:
that's why Colbert ratings are sinking. He is getting his butt kicked by Fallon and Kimmel.... In November, it even fell behind Seth Meyers who comes on an hour later than him because of his bias liberal politics.

Keep getting your news from Rolling Stones and LA TIMES and Colbert!.....
No one 'gets their news' from Colbert. But his political commentary is hilarious. I wouldn't really expect you to like it.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Impressive. He's right up there with the spoiled 12-year-old mean girls.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Is there a media or journalist Trump has praised?

If nominated and if elected, he's not going to have any time to do much of anything beyond sending tweets to the voluminous criticism he will receive, each and every day.

I continue to hold with the position he is fronting for someone the billionaires have already chosen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections