Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 07:29 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times

Advertisements

Rubio has admitted defeat in Iowa this morning, however, Fox is reporting a Rubio surge in Iowa.

Fox is also reporting a war brewing between the two 'frontrunners,' Cruz and Rubio.

I guess they got the memo not to mention Trump at all, who will be in Iowa today through Tuesday night. Remember when he was raising millions for our veterans and the media said he was turning his back on Iowans? Well, I guess the media just keeps getting wrong.

Here's what is going on with Trumps ground game in Iowa:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CaucusForTrump?src=hash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 07:35 AM

There are more Iowa residents who follow this page than voted for the winner in 2012 Iowa Caucus

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153913393818588

Old 01-30-2016, 09:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
One of the media lies has been that young people are not trump supporters.

University of Iowa football team endorse Trump. I wonder --- do they play football in walkers ?

Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

University of Iowa football team endorse Trump. I wonder --- do they play football in walkers ?
It would make sense that they would support Trump. Many college graduates don't find jobs once they graduate so end up unemployed (not counted in the unemployment figures since they can't draw a UE check) or underemployed "Do you want fries with that?"

I just cannot imagine that the unemployed and underemployed would not be supporting Trump.

I think people become more and more determined as others give Trump the shaft. Front and center is the agenda to control who becomes POTUS. People are waking up. Let's show them we can think and choose for ourselves. Trump 2016!

Old 01-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Thats gotta be scary for D's.. Iowa city is usually blue

Old 01-30-2016, 09:35 AM

You guys know the Huffington Post? The rag that made the pledge to say at the bottom of every article 'note to our readers: Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully, whw has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims, 1.6 billion members of an entire religion from entering the U.S.'?

They have reported an inevitable win in Iowa for Trump.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:40 AM

The 'It's White Republican's fault' channel MSNBC has a round table this morning belittling Trump and his supporters.

One of them didn't get the same memo and accidentally pointed out the polls show Trump beating both Hillary and Sanders. Oops.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:41 AM

CNN Headline 'Cruz and Rubio battling for second place in Iowa.'

Old 01-30-2016, 09:46 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
You guys know the Huffington Post? The rag that made the pledge to say at the bottom of every article 'note to our readers: Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully, whw has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims, 1.6 billion members of an entire religion from entering the U.S.'?

They have reported an inevitable win in Iowa for Trump.

which makes him better than obama, who has already declared that misnamed assault rifles should not be in the hands of Americans,in fact disarming Americans in the face of islam invading the USA.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:53 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Rubio has admitted defeat in Iowa this morning, however, Fox is reporting a Rubio surge in Iowa.

Fox is also reporting a war brewing between the two 'frontrunners,' Cruz and Rubio.

I guess they got the memo not to mention Trump at all, who will be in Iowa today through Tuesday night. Remember when he was raising millions for our veterans and the media said he was turning his back on Iowans? Well, I guess the media just keeps getting wrong.

Here's what is going on with Trumps ground game in Iowa:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CaucusForTrump?src=hash
I just watched the Trump video from yesterday's rally in NH. So, keep in mind Trump was in NH or flying back and forth from NH while all of the other candidates and practically the whole Fox News staff was in Iowa. I learned something about Chris Christie (a positive) and the newspaper that endorsed him (a negative) that I didn't know before. So, for yesterday only, as far as talking to the candidates themselves go, maybe we can cut Fox News a little slack on Trump.

I dropped in on a few Fox shows last night and I still think they are humpin' for Rubio. Either that or their reporters are lazy. Last night Brett Baier was out talking to voters. But, they looked like they were white collar and moneyed because as we know, when NY and DC national news reporters visit a state, they don't ever leave the cities to talk to people. You practically have to have a tornado destroy your town to pry a Fox News reporter out of a big city in any state. They don't even go to Long Island or Westchester County when they're in NY. That's why the people in the big cities think our issues are alien. He also had a Des Moines Register guy on his panel. Big surprise there. The Des Moines Register endorsed Rubio. Baier actually showed up at a Bernie Sanders tour bus, I think, and questioned him with a gaggle of other reporters. I think that's the first time I ever saw Baier standing up.

Someone else, last night (Greta maybe and I really like her), did a whole thing on Millennial voters. The problem is they always talk to people who are in college and never talk to blue collar or even unemployed Millennials because they don't, as a demo, belong to any blue collar Millennial Group. I don't think it's intentional bias there. I think it's just easier to get to them if they are in one place, like a college. One of her guests, and maybe both of them, run some campus political group. But that means Fox News is putting the perception out there that Millennials are all alike in their thinking.

Think about it. Blue collar Millennials are concerned about taxes, their paycheck, utility bills, paying rent or a mortgage, putting food on the table if they are married with children. None of those things concern college students yet. Of course they are likely to support different candidates but you would never know it by watching Fox News because Fox News isn't talking to blue collar Millennials. Guess who the college Millennials support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections