Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will the nominees of the Republicans and the Democrats be in November?
Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton 27 39.71%
Donald Trump vs Bernie Sanders 24 35.29%
Ted Cruz vs Hillary Clinton 3 4.41%
Ted Cruz vs Bernie Sanders 2 2.94%
Marco Rubio vs Hillary Clinton 10 14.71%
Marco Rubio vs Bernie Sanders 2 2.94%
Other (please explain in a post below) 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 12:43 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,140,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Could you please explain what makes you regard Trump as an underdog? I know why I think he is, but according to my logic, all the Republican candidates are. Perhaps your reasoning is more insightful and enlightening than mine.
Just list all the ones doing everything under the sun to take him out of the race. The only support he has is the people.

GOP, DEM'S, MEDIA, (PUNDITS, REPORTERS, COMMENTATORS, EDITORS, ECT ) POLITICAL CLASS OF EVERY ILK, WEALTHY ELITES WHO CAN'T BUY HIM, ECT.
You forgot to add sane voters. Trump is anything but the underdog. As his supporters constantly point out, he is leading the polls.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:17 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,229 times
Trump vs. Clinton. Cruz's eligibility is a sticky wicket, and his religiosity turns off many independents and fiscal conservatives. Sanders will beat Clinton in several states, but the Democratic establishment absolutely will not let Clinton lose the whole shebang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 06:08 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,510,888 times
Quote:
Could you please explain what makes you regard Trump as an underdog? I know why I think he is, but according to my logic, all the Republican candidates are. Perhaps your reasoning is more insightful and enlightening than mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Just list all the ones doing everything under the sun to take him out of the race. The only support he has is the people.

GOP, DEM'S, MEDIA, (PUNDITS, REPORTERS, COMMENTATORS, EDITORS, ECT ) POLITICAL CLASS OF EVERY ILK, WEALTHY ELITES WHO CAN'T BUY HIM, ECT.
Some of the people. According to the polls around 35% of Republican voters. And Trump's disapproval rating among the entire electorate is about 60%.

35 < 50, which is what he or any candidate needs to close the deal and win the Republican nomination.

Anyway, an array of very similar groups are trying to take out Cruz (and Sanders) as well. They sure do seem to like Rubio lately though.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Trump vs. Clinton. Cruz's eligibility is a sticky wicket, and his religiosity turns off many independents and fiscal conservatives. Sanders will beat Clinton in several states, but the Democratic establishment absolutely will not let Clinton lose the whole shebang.
It is especially objectionable to anti-Christian bigots, which the ranks of the Democrat left are apparently stocked with by the millions these days.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:16 PM

99,473 posts, read 4,487,913 times
Quote:
It is especially objectionable to anti-Christian bigots, which the ranks of the Democrat left are apparently stocked with by the millions these days.
No, it's especially objectionable to any Christian who doesn't believe Christian=Republican (the Gospel according to Franklin Graham/Jerry Falwell)

Old 01-31-2016, 12:25 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,963,583 times
Elections are unpredictable because some scandal can ruin someone's chances at any time.

CNN has been promoting Trump so ridiculously that I have two theories, either CNN was bought by Trump or they want him to win the nomination because they have a secret video of Trump having sex with Arpaio.

My guess is that the nominees will be Trump and Hillary.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Elections are unpredictable because some scandal can ruin someone's chances at any time.

CNN has been promoting Trump so ridiculously that I have two theories, either CNN was bought by Trump or they want him to win the nomination because they have a secret video of Trump having sex with Arpaio.

My guess is that the nominees will be Trump and Hillary.
They are promoting the preferred candidate of the Democrat left, just like always. CNN is well aware that Donald Trump has a 60% disapproval rating with the broader electorate. They know that he provides the easiest contest for whoever the Democrats put up. So, they are promoting him.

I find the poll totals at the top of this thread interesting, because the results basically mirror the television coverage. Trump gets the most coverage and is getting the most votes from those who have voted here in this thread. Am I off base by observing this correlation? Of course I could be, but I don't think so.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:34 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,746,920 times
Where's Bloomberg? Did he decide not to run.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:35 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,463,726 times
It'll be Cruz or Rubio vs. Clinton. Trump is going to be very exposed after NH/SC once the Republican field thins.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:41 PM

752 posts, read 566,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
"I hope you are wrong. My only 'hope and change' is that all of the State Department delays in releasing emails means they have saved the best for last. As proof, the won't even release fully redacted copies and the Congresscritters need a special dispensation to even get to see what they have."
Sure, but are the Congresscritters abandoning Clinton in droves? No — which is pretty telling. Also, who's requesting that the emails be made public? Why, none other than Hillary Clinton herself. Here's what I'm guessing happened. Clinton or someone she was conversing with mentioned, in a non-specific way, something about the drone program. Probably something that appeared in a newspaper clipping. Since the program is officially classified, despite the fact that it's widespread public knowledge, the Defense Department / CIA later deemed classified something that appeared in the NYT / BBC. As long as nothing Clinton sent was marked 'classified' at the time, she has nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections