Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 02:15 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times

Advertisements

There does not need to be anything to replace Obamacare. We have insurance companies.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:24 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There does not need to be anything to replace Obamacare. We have insurance companies.
That people without employer based insurance can't afford. That's what the ACA did--it gave those of us who are independent contractors access to healthcare that we didn't have before. I'm not a big fan of the ACA because it still involves private insurance companies, who I don't think have any business standing between a patient and their doctors, but as someone who had no affordable access for more than a decade, I can tell you that having health insurance beats not having health insurance.

That's the reason why every Republican candidate is saying "repeal and replace." Because they know that, too.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually - there aren't many threads about Clinton. But no - I don't ask why the hate because I don't usually read the Clinton threads if there are any. Since I don't like her but feel no need to really bash her- I'm not interested in the threads.

But you aren't here discussing politics - it's exactly the opposite - you're here inciting people to battle with you - not discuss. You make smart comments about people's intelligentce when they disagree with you - you just rant and rave - seldom post proof of your assertions - but ask others to prove theirs ect..

Actually - this is the first time that I think you have actually explained yourself and have had a real discussion. That I can respect. I see what you don't like and I agree on many of the things you say - but I have seen others, our current president - as an example, say and act the same way this past 7 years. They are both petulant children. I do think that Trump has more brains though.

But the obsession and hatred this early in the game - is not normal for most folks - if it was the month before the elections - I can see the frustration to want others to see him as you do - but not now.
So - by your own admission - you are calling out a poster for speaking against threads and you say nothing about those who oppose Clinton because ' you're not interested' and don't read them.

Then you really can't talk, no?

The most prolific anti-Hillary poster seems to have taken a short break.

Long story short - there is nothing unusual about this situation. Not if you have spent any time on CD that is.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:36 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:

What if you had cancer before and are self employed. And your current insurance company cancelled your policy because they don't want to risk paying high claims if your cancer comes back. And no other insurance company will accept you because you had cancer(they made you fill out of questionaire for individual policies before they decide to accept or deny you, pre-Obamacare).

How would you get health insurance in this case, if Obamacare was repealed? Even if you had lots of money to pay for the premium, there is no insurance carrier that will accept you.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:39 PM

412 posts, read 451,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Jams, Ma'am, open that sharp mind you have, and let a little Light in. Overall, Trump presents the Best plans to Help salvage America.
You misspelled savage.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:41 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That people without employer based insurance can't afford. That's what the ACA did--it gave those of us who are independent contractors access to healthcare that we didn't have before. I'm not a big fan of the ACA because it still involves private insurance companies, who I don't think have any business standing between a patient and their doctors, but as someone who had no affordable access for more than a decade, I can tell you that having health insurance beats not having health insurance.

That's the reason why every Republican candidate is saying "repeal and replace." Because they know that, too.
I am hearing the opposite. Many people who had affordable plans for major medical coverage at about $100 a month cannot any longer have those plans and cannot afford Obamacare. If you are on welfare, Obamacare is free to you and works fine. People who actually work for a living are out in the cold. I know this as a fact from talking to people. They are mad!

Old 01-31-2016, 02:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That people without employer based insurance can't afford.
And what idiots created employer-based insurance?

An appendectomy costs $2,800, but the hospital bills $55,000 then negotiates a settlement of $11,000 with the insurance company and you don't see a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
What if you ....
....actually read the laws on the books in your State that related to health insurance and healthcare?

Old 01-31-2016, 03:03 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

....actually read the laws on the books in your State that related to health insurance and healthcare?
Yes. And other states too.

Pre Obamacare, I had a relative that was a small business owner that paid for individual health insurance for many years. The relative got lung cancer and the insurance carrier cancelled the policy in the middle of treatment for the cancer. No other carrier would accept the relative. Relative had surgery and got stuck with a large hospital and doctor bill for surgery. Had to remortgage their house to pay off the hospital and doctors. But still had more cancer treatments needed after surgery and no carrier would offer coverage.

The relative went broke and then died from the cancer and left the surviving spouse broke. Obamacare would have allowed the relative to get insurance. Actually, with Obamacare the 1st carrier wouldn't have been allowed to cancel the policy.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:12 PM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
What if you had cancer before and are self employed. And your current insurance company cancelled your policy because they don't want to risk paying high claims if your cancer comes back. And no other insurance company will accept you because you had cancer(they made you fill out of questionaire for individual policies before they decide to accept or deny you, pre-Obamacare).

How would you get health insurance in this case, if Obamacare was repealed?
Buy it from your state's high risk pool, which existed before Obamacare.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:15 PM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
I am hearing the opposite. Many people who had affordable plans for major medical coverage at about $100 a month cannot any longer have those plans and cannot afford Obamacare. If you are on welfare, Obamacare is free to you and works fine. People who actually work for a living are out in the cold. I know this as a fact from talking to people. They are mad!
I'm hearing this a lot, too. Even the NY Times is reporting it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/us...less.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us...he-doctor.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections