Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 03:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Isn't he the guy who believes in Austrian economics?

Yeah - that's a nonstarter for me. That's an inherent flaw in his reasoning and worldview that I don't think can be overcome.
Because the Austrians told us the stock market crash was coming in the late 1920s? Or was it because they told us the dotcom boom/bust was coming? Or was it because they told us the housing boom/bust was coming?

The Austrians aren't the ones with an inherent flaw here.
Truth is treason to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 03:47 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because the Austrians told us the stock market crash was coming in the late 1920s? Or was it because they told us the dotcom boom/bust was coming? Or was it because they told us the housing boom/bust was coming?

The Austrians aren't the ones with an inherent flaw here.
Truth is treason to some.
wow yes super convinced

Old 02-01-2016, 04:06 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
This guy understands what America was supposed to be and wants to make it reality again

*no more intervening in other's wars
*balancing the budget
*auditing the fed
*allowing states to make their own local decisions
*knows the constitution up and down
*not a corporate-bought crony like the rest

He is somebody that Moderate Democrats, independents and republicans could all agree with

Why does he continue to be ignored? He's the best candidate in this race hands down
First, because a politician MUST have the support of either the Democrat Party or the Republican Party to be elected, and both of these are pro-Big Government that only differ in how they want to spend the new taxes they are going to impose. Neither would support a Libertarian candidate who would try to change the ultra-corrupt status quo that enslaves the working class.

Next, there are far too many voters believe what the media tells them to believe, and the media is controlled by the elites of Big Business/Big Government.

It has now been proven statistically that there was a virtual media blackout on Ron Paul during the last Presidential election, and it went as far as editing out the massive applause that Ron Paul always got during debates--far more applause than the leading candidates got for their comments. Paul got less coverage than ANY of the other candidates (including candidates you now don't even remember), despite the fact that he had huge popular support from the beginning.

The American voters will NEVER have the option to vote for someone who would change the status quo of Big Government confiscating half the income of the working class.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:13 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
he basically wants to delegate all to the the "states" we would have like 50 Puerto Ricos to have to deal with once you pull FEDERAL dollars away- yes budget get fixed but we all will go hungry-- unless you one of the wealthy ones

Old 02-01-2016, 04:38 PM

957 posts, read 1,132,973 times
I knew his father (a better candidate imho) and he is worse, he doesn't make me dream at all, he doesn' warm up the hearts, differently from guys like Trump, Cruz or Sanders

Old 02-01-2016, 05:40 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,197,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Kind reminder,

Libertarian economic principles are based on the concept of free market

Free Markets. To survive and to flourish, individuals need to engage in economic activity. The right to property entails the right to exchange property by mutual agreement. Free markets are the economic system of free individuals, and they are necessary to create wealth. Libertarians believe that people will be both freer and more prosperous if government intervention in people’s economic choices is minimized.

Libertarian principles, if used correctly, will NOT just benefit elite white folks like some here suggested. Boy.
Right. Could I interest you in buying a slightly used bridge over Chautauqua Lake that was resurfaced within just the last five years?

Old 02-01-2016, 05:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Sigh, they can say anything they want, I look at their records. What are his rankings? What is his voting record? Does he flip flop a little or a lot. One example, NumbersUSA gave him 43%, you can see others here:

Rand Paul's Ratings and Endorsements - The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart
The same group gives him a 88 on positions. The 43 seems to be rating who they want as president. Totally irrelevant to his positions. They had gave him 100% just the year before.

100%

Old 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I'm not a Libertarian and I don't think he is. His views on abortion are idiotic among other things. I agree with him on some stuff like about NSA spying, but his economic views turn me off. Libertarian economic views are dangerous and pretty much only benefit affluent white people.
He was against the bail outs and QE. The bailouts and QE largely benefited affluent white people.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He's certainly no libertarian when it comes to abortion. Other than that - I like him. But he won't be the nominee so I don't have to worry.
One can not have liberty without life.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Rand Paul has not been able to attract billionaire backers. He's toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections